Poll: Do you think guns cause rape?
Yes
Guns increase violence, so maybe a little. I don't know.
No
[Show Results]

Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape?
(29-05-2014 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 01:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Hold on before I lost track of my original point, name an animal that is savage?

Now does killing make it a savage?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 04:05 PM
(29-05-2014 01:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 05:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Not every poacher is an educated sport hunter that acknowledges what he is doing is ethically wrong, but does it anyways because 'fuck tigers/rhinos/pandas/etc.' Facepalm

Also, 'poaching' is by definition illegal hunting; so 'poaching' legally is a contradiction.

You do know that there is a huge black market in the Pacific and Asia for the parts of some endangered species, right? Tigers and rhinos get poached because there is a demand created by the superstitious beliefs that ground up tiger bones or rhino horns can cure cancer, arthritis, male impotence, the common cold, etc. The people who poach these creatures do so for money, for their own best interest. Their intent is to make a living, unfortunately their jobs can and do push other animals to extinction; but I imagine their express intent is not the total eradication of that species.

Much like with rape, gun violence, and violent crimes in general; I imagine the root of the problem is lack of education, wealth inequality, and lack of opportunity. If the poachers could make as good, if not better, a living doing something else that didn't require poaching, how many of them do you think would continue to poach? They're not all rich European sport-hunters only interested in the thrill of an illegal hunt... Facepalm

Hold on before I lost track of my original point, name an animal that is savage?

Barracudas, sharks of most varieties, bears, seals, jaguars, lions, tigers, leopards, wolves and other wild dogs, chimps, orcas, praying mantises, wasps, puff adders, hippos, meerkats, crocodiles....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-05-2014, 04:10 PM
(29-05-2014 04:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 01:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Hold on before I lost track of my original point, name an animal that is savage?

Barracudas, sharks of most varieties, bears, seals, jaguars, lions, tigers, leopards, wolves and other wild dogs, chimps, orcas, praying mantises, wasps, puff adders, hippos, meerkats, crocodiles....

Yes, why are they savage?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Rapists.
[Image: wds.gif]
Rapists are the leading cause of rape.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
29-05-2014, 04:26 PM
(29-05-2014 04:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Now does killing make it a savage?

savage -
1. fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts.
11. to assault and maul by biting, rending, goring, etc.; tear at or mutilate: numerous sheep savaged by dogs.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-05-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 04:47 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(29-05-2014 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 04:03 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Now does killing make it a savage?

savage -
1. fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts.
11. to assault and maul by biting, rending, goring, etc.; tear at or mutilate: numerous sheep savaged by dogs.

Are humans tame?

Are humans fierce?

Are humans cruel?

Are humans ferocious?

When a human kills does it ignore all of this? When a human over kills are the definitions not fitting.

Does an animal have to fit all parts of the 1st definition or only the majority?

29-05-2014, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 05:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2014 04:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Does an animal have to fit all parts of the 1st definition or only the majority?

You see that conjunction "or". It means any one or more of them. Silly seal. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-05-2014, 05:19 PM
(29-05-2014 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 04:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Does an animal have to fit all parts of the 1st definition or only the majority?

You see that conjunction "or". It means any one or more of them. Silly seal. Tongue

So even one could help fit an animal in the definition savage?

29-05-2014, 05:51 PM
(29-05-2014 05:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You see that conjunction "or". It means any one or more of them. Silly seal. Tongue

So even one could help fit an animal in the definition savage?

That's my read. Honey Badger is both fierce and ferocious and fearless to boot. But he ain't cruel 'cause Honey Badger don't give a shit. He's just hungry. He's always hungry. Big Grin

29-05-2014, 06:35 PM
(29-05-2014 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 05:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So even one could help fit an animal in the definition savage?

That's my read. Honey Badger is both fierce and ferocious and fearless to boot. But he ain't cruel 'cause Honey Badger don't give a shit. He's just hungry. He's always hungry. Big Grin

Well humans are fierce, ferocious, and cruel, but are tame because we are a domesticated species.