Do kids actually want to pray in schools?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Do kids actually want to pray in schools?
I see the subject of prayer and bibles in school brought up a lot, and whenever it is all I can think is "How many kids want to pray in school to begin with?".

Seriously, is this a common want? Do you guys know school aged people who want to pray in schools? Regularly? I don't remember seeing it ever actually happening. Even when I went to Catholic school it only ever seemed to happen when the teachers made us.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
28-03-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Do kids actually want to pray in schools?
It's a very good and legitimate question and I suspect you'll find that religious rituals are always imposed by the power structure on the sheep. I suspect the answer is that adults with an agenda want them to.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
29-03-2015, 12:46 AM
(28-03-2015 08:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  It's a very good and legitimate question and I suspect you'll find that religious rituals are always imposed by the power structure on the sheep. I suspect the answer is that adults with an agenda want them to.
Kids have only one prayer in school. "Lord, get me out of here." It's seldom answered.

Actually there's a second prayer but they only say it on test day. "Lord, let me pass this test." Since only kids who have not studied say it, it too is seldom answered.

Sapere aude
[+] 4 users Like f stop's post
29-03-2015, 05:18 AM
I have never known a child who wanted to do "anything" in school, let alone pray or do religious crap.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
29-03-2015, 05:58 AM
I thought school was a place to meet girls...... That count as "anything"????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-03-2015, 06:09 AM
(29-03-2015 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I thought school was a place to meet girls...... That count as "anything"????

I went to an all boys school...pity me.
29-03-2015, 07:04 AM
There are some kids who "care" about praying at school, but they're usually the ones who are just parroting back what they've heard from their parents, and they haven't started thinking for themselves yet.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
29-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I had a classmate who prayed before every volley when he played ping pong. It didn't do him any good when he was playing against this one foreign student. The foreign student was the third-rated ping pong player in his own country, and beat the kid who prayed every time.

The fact is, there is no law against kids praying in school. There's no law against kids bringing their Bibles to school. What the law prohibits is schools conducting public prayers that would force or pressure kids into praying if they don't want to; or schools spending taxpayer money organizing religious events or services.

Kids, on their own, can pray all they want to, as long as they don't disrupt class or try to impose their religion on other kids who don't want it.

But what the religious bigots want is to force all kids to pray, and to pray to the particular god of the particular religious bigot. And this is in clear violation of the Constitutional protection against state-imposed religion.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 5 users Like daniel1948's post
29-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Well children aren't mature enough to make that descision. Apparently, the only descision they are capable of making accepting jesus as their lord and savior at age 9. Makes sense.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
29-03-2015, 09:23 AM
(29-03-2015 07:42 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I had a classmate who prayed before every volley when he played ping pong. It didn't do him any good when he was playing against this one foreign student. The foreign student was the third-rated ping pong player in his own country, and beat the kid who prayed every time.

It also didn't do him any good because he was promptly dragged away by secularist atheist naturalist communist satanist death squads for displaying his faith, right?

Quote:The fact is, there is no law against kids praying in school. There's no law against kids bringing their Bibles to school. What the law prohibits is schools conducting public prayers that would force or pressure kids into praying if they don't want to; or schools spending taxpayer money organizing religious events or services.

... You mean Todd Starnes lied to me?! Gasp
[+] 1 user Likes Esquilax's post