Do or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-09-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: Do or Die
(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  You just keep complaining like a whining bitch.
Businesses are there to make a profit, this is not greed, it is their purpose.

Bitch? I'm not the one bending over and singing "please sir, fuck me some more".
My employer provides me with a job, they are running a business and making profit, which I think is great. I am thankful for my job, the opportunities and skills that I am gaining. I don't understand your resentful, hateful attitude towards business owners or businesses in general. But that's you and not me, thankfully.

(30-09-2016 01:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Perhaps we could close down all businesses, or as citizens we could refuse to work for these evil profit making businesses. That would show them.

The point is the cost, and what people are comfortable with accepting. You've been nothing but blindly oblivious to any attempt to address that, even now.
Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Do you expect the world to be perfect? You think because business has a cost, then you would rather a world without businesses? I really don't know what point you are trying to make.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For the umpteenth time, it's not that I expect them to do what's right

So then, what the hell are you continually whinging about?

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm just not blind to the obvious harm their negligence causes. Having no regards for the harm caused in their seeking of profits is pretty fucking evil, and purposely ignoring it is pretty fucking despicable. You fall into the later category.
Such a negative lad.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The rich leaving would makes little to no difference, because they already don't get taxed for shit. That's kinda the whole fucking point you ignoramus.
But what about the factories and businesses they run, the employees that they pay wages for....?

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Third World is not competing
Really? Oh, OK then If YOU say so.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If this is the future, we're dooming ourselves and our descendant to burn, all in the name of stock prices in the here and now. How the fuck can anybody with an ounce of foresight be complacent with that?
What is the alternative?
Do you bomb developing nations in order to stop them developing?
Do you stop factories locally and go manual with high wages and then risk your country being left behind? How do you stop industrial progress?

(30-09-2016 01:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Who is trusting them with anything else? Who? Where is it that your expectations come from?

For the umpteenth time, I have none you stupid fuck, that's the point. How many times must I repeat myself? I have zero expectation that they'll do the responsible thing, and so they need to be counteracted to safeguard everyone else from them. You consistently ignore all of the harm they have, do, and will cause because so long as they're making a buck, you don't give a shit. Hooray for your complete lack of empathy I guess.
Yeah, I don't know what you are on about here.
Have I ever said that I wouldn't support laws and regulations regarding environmental protection?
I just don't spew the hatred of business and profit that you do. I don't have expectations that businesses ought to do anything other than make profit. I don't criticise them on this, I don't call them greedy, because I don't have other expectations of them.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How is causing intentional harm for financial gain anything but evil? What fucking definition of evil do you use? Shocking
Yup, don't know what you are on about.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's more so that I'm utterly flabbergasted at your 'so long as they're making money, they're being a good business, fuck everyone else' attitude.
It's their purpose to make profit. I have no other expectations for them

(30-09-2016 01:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  OK, so you appreciate your job, you see it as a great way for you to make money.
Good for you.

'Great' is most certainly not the adjective I'd ever use to describe my job or my employers.
You sound sad, angry and miserable.

This thread was about supporting business and creating jobs vs taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor.

I'm not sure how it turned into a hatred for rich and business owners and profit etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 04:30 PM
(30-09-2016 04:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Bitch? I'm not the one bending over and singing "please sir, fuck me some more".
My employer provides me with a job, they are running a business and making profit, which I think is great. I am thankful for my job, the opportunities and skills that I am gaining. I don't understand your resentful, hateful attitude towards business owners or businesses in general. But that's you and not me, thankfully.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The point is the cost, and what people are comfortable with accepting. You've been nothing but blindly oblivious to any attempt to address that, even now.
Honestly I don't know what you are talking about. Do you expect the world to be perfect? You think because business has a cost, then you would rather a world without businesses? I really don't know what point you are trying to make.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For the umpteenth time, it's not that I expect them to do what's right

So then, what the hell are you continually whinging about?

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm just not blind to the obvious harm their negligence causes. Having no regards for the harm caused in their seeking of profits is pretty fucking evil, and purposely ignoring it is pretty fucking despicable. You fall into the later category.
Such a negative lad.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The rich leaving would makes little to no difference, because they already don't get taxed for shit. That's kinda the whole fucking point you ignoramus.
But what about the factories and businesses they run, the employees that they pay wages for....?

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Third World is not competing
Really? Oh, OK then If YOU say so.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If this is the future, we're dooming ourselves and our descendant to burn, all in the name of stock prices in the here and now. How the fuck can anybody with an ounce of foresight be complacent with that?
What is the alternative?
Do you bomb developing nations in order to stop them developing?
Do you stop factories locally and go manual with high wages and then risk your country being left behind? How do you stop industrial progress?

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For the umpteenth time, I have none you stupid fuck, that's the point. How many times must I repeat myself? I have zero expectation that they'll do the responsible thing, and so they need to be counteracted to safeguard everyone else from them. You consistently ignore all of the harm they have, do, and will cause because so long as they're making a buck, you don't give a shit. Hooray for your complete lack of empathy I guess.
Yeah, I don't know what you are on about here.
Have I ever said that I wouldn't support laws and regulations regarding environmental protection?
I just don't spew the hatred of business and profit that you do. I don't have expectations that businesses ought to do anything other than make profit. I don't criticise them on this, I don't call them greedy, because I don't have other expectations of them.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How is causing intentional harm for financial gain anything but evil? What fucking definition of evil do you use? Shocking
Yup, don't know what you are on about.

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's more so that I'm utterly flabbergasted at your 'so long as they're making money, they're being a good business, fuck everyone else' attitude.
It's their purpose to make profit. I have no other expectations for them

(30-09-2016 02:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  'Great' is most certainly not the adjective I'd ever use to describe my job or my employers.
You sound sad, angry and miserable.

This thread was about supporting business and creating jobs vs taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor.

I'm not sure how it turned into a hatred for rich and business owners and profit etc.

You seem utterly oblivious to the fact that corporations that put profit ahead of anything else are a net negative. And that they actually do cross the line into evil.

That is what he is on about. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-09-2016, 04:47 PM
(30-09-2016 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem utterly oblivious to the fact that corporations that put profit ahead of anything else are a net negative. And that they actually do cross the line into evil.

I have no idea what you are on about.
I don't know what your expectations of a company or business are.

For me, the business is a vehicle to invest and make profit from.
They aren't a charity, they aren't a social services venture.

It would be like getting upset at a yoyo, calling it evil because all it does is go up and down and in no way does it help out a begger living on the street.
30-09-2016, 04:56 PM
(30-09-2016 04:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem utterly oblivious to the fact that corporations that put profit ahead of anything else are a net negative. And that they actually do cross the line into evil.

I have no idea what you are on about.
I don't know what your expectations of a company or business are.

For me, the business is a vehicle to invest and make profit from.
They aren't a charity, they aren't a social services venture.

It would be like getting upset at a yoyo, calling it evil because all it does is go up and down and in no way does it help out a begger living on the street.

The point is that regulation is required to curb the excesses of business precisely because most are purely profit-driven.
No one is asking them to be anything else, but society needs to be protected from the inevitable negative results of their being purely profit driven.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-09-2016, 05:07 PM
(30-09-2016 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  The point is that regulation is required to curb the excesses of business precisely because most are purely profit-driven.
No one is asking them to be anything else, but society needs to be protected from the inevitable negative results of their being purely profit driven.
Sure, I can agree with that.

For example I certainly support laws preventing the dumping of poisons into rivers, and harbours.

If you have competition then laws can set a level playing field.
If there weren't those laws then those companies that incurred higher costs might go under and those that dumped into streams might thrive, so then everyone is pretty much forced to dump.

Things are a bit different on the global scale though. Your laws can control businesses operating in your own country but cannot control businesses in other countries. If China doesn't care about dumping into rivers and harbour and doesn't care about polluting the air then they might be able to produce stuff cheaper than your country can, your businesses go under and they get the work and the profits, but, they also get the smog and pollution.

I think people would benefit from understanding that they are competing with other countries now.
30-09-2016, 05:09 PM
(30-09-2016 05:07 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  The point is that regulation is required to curb the excesses of business precisely because most are purely profit-driven.
Sure, I can agree with that.

For example I certainly support laws preventing the dumping of poisons into rivers, and harbours.

If you have competition then laws can set a level playing field.
If there weren't those laws then those companies that incurred higher costs might go under and those that dumped into streams might thrive, so then everyone is pretty much forced to dump.

Things are a bit different on the global scale though. Your laws can control businesses operating in your own country but cannot control businesses in other countries. If China doesn't care about dumping into rivers and harbour and doesn't care about polluting the air then they might be able to produce stuff cheaper than your country can, your businesses go under and they get the work and the profits, but, they also get the smog and pollution.

I think people would benefit from understanding that they are competing with other countries now.

Or we can ban imports from nations that allow businesses that don't meet minimum standards for health and safety.

And we should.

[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
30-09-2016, 05:59 PM
(30-09-2016 05:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or we can ban imports from nations that allow businesses that don't meet minimum standards for health and safety.

And we should.
Them polluting their own country is their business.
It does give an "unfair" advantage to their business though, so I suppose you could include tarrifs rather than outright ban.

There certainly is an issue with countries using bans and tarrifs, it isn't free trade and it is forcing your own way on others. Trying to westernise other countries. It is one of the reasons why the western world is hated by the rest of the world.
30-09-2016, 08:34 PM
(30-09-2016 05:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or we can ban imports from nations that allow businesses that don't meet minimum standards for health and safety.

And we should.
Them polluting their own country is their business.
It does give an "unfair" advantage to their business though, so I suppose you could include tarrifs rather than outright ban.

There certainly is an issue with countries using bans and tarrifs, it isn't free trade and it is forcing your own way on others. Trying to westernise other countries. It is one of the reasons why the western world is hated by the rest of the world.

Holy fucking shit. Shocking

No problems with international corporations exploiting developing nations for their own profit at the expense of the environment and public safety. But if a nation exercises some modicum of pressure on their trade? That's somehow beyond the pale. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Not to mention the fact that air pollution, oil spills, and overfishing -- to take but a few problems -- do not stop at national borders, and affect citizens even half-way around the globe.
[+] 9 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-09-2016, 11:52 PM
(30-09-2016 08:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  No problems with international corporations exploiting developing nations for their own profit at the expense of the environment and public safety. But if a nation exercises some modicum of pressure on their trade? That's somehow beyond the pale. Facepalm
Companies setting up factories and offices in developing nations provides jobs, skills and well needed infrastructure for them. They are very fortunate to have those companies there.

Americans pointing at other nations and telling them that they don't like the country's policies and practices and then resorting to trade embargoes, tariffs etc, is just sanctimonious arrogance and really just a large economic power using these as excuses to get out of free trade in a ploy to protect its own economy.

In the process, US makes many enemies. You don't have to look far to find enemies of the US.

Obama was actually quite good at respecting other nations, Trump will be terrible. If US don't get with the programme they will be left behind.