Do or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-09-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Do or Die
Sigh and so the bashing my head against the wall begins

To start with i honestly don't give a duck about have long eat slept and defecated on this rock we all live on .It really don't mean shit so please stop trying to be Obi Wan Kenobi you could be a zillion years old and still be dense as a brick

Second i don't give a duck how nice your are your wrong there is a old lady who lives near my house woman nicer then nice .But thicker then Wendy's chili so nice means nothing to me in terms of bullshit.

That said i'm not even going to touch your errors on economics as it's not even coherent and would take a 100 post thread to unpack let alone refute. so let's close on your ignorance of history.side note you might not want to use meme posters to make a point .

1. No one is saying all white people are responsible for slavery that's dumb and a straw man. No ones going to Iceland and shamming the white people there for slavery. We can however most certainly blame white lawmakers in the America for not banning it we sure as hell can blame white lawmakers for the policies of segregation that followed slavery.

2.No Anthony Johnson was not america's first slave owner he was the first person of color to own an indentured servant .slaves have been around and legally in America since 1619 . not to mention Johnson lost his case as being a negro and thus a legal alien meant he could not own property in united states .

3. No blacks were not the majority of American slave owners nationwide in one or two states yes. But there one important context your forgetting the majority reason most black took on black slaves was too keep them from being bought by white slave owners who generally treated them infinitely worst .(It's really funny thou as technically black should not have been able to own slaves)

4. From the 17th century on the majority of Muslim slave trading was bank rolled by European enterprise .Slavery had always existed in the middle east as a domestic business but after the 17th century it ballooned into a mass industry. As for slavery in africa it existed but more as a after thought of tribal or national warfare. Inflamed by European demand however it ballooned into a reason to wage war and it grew expansion ally. And are you really trying to defend American slavery by saying "hey they did it to" are you five ?

Next let's go over dear Julian first he was not just a hero of the left he was a hero to anyone who has concerns the governments is hiding shit from us. Second it was not bush's war it was america's war as many on the LEFT have pointed out .And are you really saying if America's government gets up to bullshit during war it should just be buried. As for Hilary well let's see here dear Julian had an extensive stay in Russia,Putin runs Russia and Julian attacks the candidate that's not kissing Putin's ass which helps the one who is.I don't buy it myself but i can see the logic .

Lastly your facts about the middle east is simplistic and straight up ignorant
1. There are middle east countries westerners are permitted to drink
2.Even in some countries were it is illegal the law isn't all that strict
3. Most of these laws only apply to Muslims
4.Even in countries were it's not legal everyone still dose it under the table
5. Many countries with significant christian populous allow pork
6. And if your going to be all "i can't do that here " someone from Turkey could come to the states and ask "so were are all the legal prostitutes "

And are you really saying the best way to deal with this is to become to just as intolerant and repressionist that sounds like something angry teenager would not some one trying pass themselves off as fucking Yoda. But your apparently not old enough for the adage two wrongs don't make a right .Would and who the hell are you to say who's integrating you arrogant ass

I could write more and keep lengthening each point further but i really think this will do for now now i fully expect empty responses and lots of wall bumping

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
24-09-2016, 09:17 PM
(24-09-2016 10:04 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  But I am finding that I walk on eggshells around here, I can't be myself, because every time I do you guys go after me like rabid dogs.

Have you considered ignoring the Politics section? I don't typically post here because the arguments can get ugly.

Quote:One of my many problems with the Liberal view...

Imagine that I've just said, "One of my many problems with the Conservative view..." Are you now grinding your teeth at the manifest stupidity of this liberal who thinks all conservatives are equal and that he knows your minds?

It's like when some theist prat shows up here and starts telling us why we're all atheists.

Please re-read your post and have a look at where you're attacking people with a really broad brush that quite likely doesn't apply. This could be causing many of your difficulties.

And yes, the politics on this board are going to tend to be biased liberal. The same will be true of most atheist forums. You can thank the Republican party's "southern strategy" for that. I know that their pandering to religious zealots doesn't reflect your beliefs but that doesn't change how the majority of atheists are going to react to the party as a whole. It's unlkely to be very different anywhere else so leaving is unlikely to help much.

And yes, we have frothing idiots here too. Ignore them. Are you really going to let yappy fools get under your skin? It isn't as if they can punch you in the throat or anything.

Quote:Now let's see who still likes me- if anyone did.

I don't agree with your politics. That doesn't mean that I don't like you. I'm a Canadian and in the last election I voted NDP. They're the party to the left of the Liberals. Capital "L" Liberals. It's a political party up here and the one currently in power.

And in spite of those differences I'm asking you to stay.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
24-09-2016, 09:20 PM
@TheDarkOne

Want some cheese with that whine? It seems to me that you have some persecution complex.

As for liberal worldview - they see world how they wish it was, but you special snowflake who isn't a liberal see it like it is. Conspiracy nuts thinks the same way - sheeps don't see The Truth but they do.

About Muslims - all are BAD. Sure, buddy. Your wealth of knowledge must be staggering indeed if best you can manage is such shitty generalization. Also bolding a word does not make it true.

You know how world look like? So others do not?

Lastly the part about liking you sound childish.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
24-09-2016, 09:41 PM
It's the internet. People disagree.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
25-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Hug The Dark One

Others have posted about your pictured interweb memes so I don't really have more to add.

Being a stinky foreigner... there's really not much more I could comment about your stuff any ways.

You keep on being 'You'! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
25-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Well...thanks, guys. I think some of you misinterpret a few things I said, I don't lump everyone together- I'm talking about the most common interpretation that the press puts forward. The "liberal view" if I say that, is not- in my mind- meaning that all liberals think a certain way, and I try to put qualifiers in to make that clear. Rather, I'm talking about the most common view of the liberal/democrat as expressed in the media. As you say, that does not represent all democrats and/or liberals any more than it represents all republicans and/or conservatives. But since that view or opinion is the one most prevalent, it is the viewpoint or opinion causing the most harm. As I've said before on this forum, if liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans could sit down somewhere and really talk, really UNDERSTAND each others' viewpoint and opinion, I firmly believe that we aren't nearly as far apart as we think we are. We say things differently, and we have different priorities, but without the political rhetoric and prejudice, we're really on the same page in many ways.

I'm sorry, Szuchow, I just don't like you, I never have. I don't attack you or make a big thing of it, and I won't- it's perfectly ok not to like someone. But your comments like
Quote:About Muslims - all are BAD. Sure, buddy. Your wealth of knowledge must be staggering indeed if best you can manage is such shitty generalization. Also bolding a word does not make it true.

really just spotlight your ignorance. I was not- AM not- saying Muslims are all bad. I'm saying there are some VERY bad muslims out there, who want to destroy my country and way of life. This point is self evident.
Because the Muslim culture will not point these radical evil Muslims out to the authorities, or police them from within, we have no way of knowing which are the good ones and which are the bad ones, to simplify it in deference to you, so for the safety of all we must treat all as potentially dangerous- or "bad". Tactically, this is the ONLY choice that isn't stupid. Dealing with American Muslims is one thing- we owe them as much respect and deference as we can safely give, under the circumstances.
But allowing thousands and thousands of refugees into our country, any or all or none of whom may be here to hurt or destroy us? That's just stupid. Why, if they consider America the Great Satan, do they come here at all? Go to one of the other countries, we never signed up as the country for Muslim refugees on any sign-up form anywhere....

Just because america was founded on immigration- what country wasn't?- doesn't mean we can't say "ok, enough, we don't want anymore mass immigration into the US, we'll take you individually on a case by case basis, like other countries do."

So for most of you, thanks for propping me up with your comments. I'm not normally a needy guy, nor am I lacking in self confidence. Rather the opposite. "That's right, Iceman...I am dangerous..." Facepalm

I guess I should explain, although I'm kind of private about things like this, usually. It's one of the only things I AM private about.

I have some health issues, that have been getting worse lately. Bad. I have been hospitalized three times in the last 7 weeks, for a week or more each time. The news just keeps getting more troubling. I guess I'm angry and...I don't know what I am. I'm not exactly scared, yet, it's more like I'm scared of being scared...if that makes any sense at all.

I deal with emergencies very well. I can deal with an armed gunman- I have, on numerous occasions. I can deal with a person bleeding out in front of me- I can save them, actually, if all goes well. I don't panic. I can deal with ejecting out of a burning jet. Again, been there. Although that incident may prove my undoing.

When your own flesh turns on you...how do you fight that? How do you...do anything?

Ahhh....crap. I hate self pity. I really do.

Anyway...you guys gave me what I needed. Thanks, you godless bunch of heathens.

Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
25-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Quote:I like ya. Big Grin
I like you too, eh. Tongue

Quote: might be if only we'd stop looking at everyone else as an enemy, then the world would only get worse.

But I have dealt with the..."bad guys" of the world, and I know first hand that hugs and high fives only make them see you as weak and prime for the taking. Different cultures- like the Arab culture- may as well be aliens from mars compared to the Western world. We can do something with the best intentions, trying to help, and end up insulting that person or group or culture so badly retaliation is inevitable, by their standards. To me it's like anthropomorphising your dog- not to compare the other culture to a dog, although I would see that as a compliment- I like dogs- we want to attribute our value system and morals to a foreign culture with VERY different ideas about those things. That's bad enough- but then we want to assume we are safe or that they will behave a certain way based on our own values, and in general, (dammit) liberals want us to do that...when in reality they want to slit our throats because we have insulted them- perhaps by our very existence, if you read much of the Quran. I just cannot see the advantage, or the wisdom, in allowing potential snakes into our home. They are not our snakes, whether they are venomous or not.

Quote:If we all thought like you, if the right was able to control everything, I see the US turning into a very ugly place, where everyone's freedom is not cherished, and only a select few are able to be successful, based on their "Americanness".

See, this IS a liberal view I just don't understand...sure, we have a few loonies who profess to speak for us, just like you libs do...but this is NOT part of the republican or conservative plan at all- and excuse me, but I have been on the inside (my family has been very involved in politics, mostly at the state level, for about a hundred years now) all of my life. This reminds me of all the disinformation about the SU during the cold war. I am about FREEDOM. Period. Unless you harm another or take away or limit HIS freedom, you should be free to do what you want. Everyone. Now, the Muslim faith is currently infested with rats- it is THEIR job to clean their house, not mine. Once it is clean, bring your prayer rugs and let's have a party!
I would not be a conservative OR a Republican if my beliefs didn't match their goals. After 50 years, I am pretty well aware of what Republican and Conservative goals actually are, too. I pay attention.

Quote:I get that you have a ton of life experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have interpreted it all correctly.

Nor does it mean I have not- I am not in any way claiming I have a monopoly on life experience- but when I am met with this arrogant "You just don't know what you are talking about" crap by a 22 year old kid who has never done anything but watch tv and read a few books, well, I feel like my time in the trenches, as it were, is being ignored simply because we disagree- and that person has very little to base his beliefs on- usually, they either believe what mommy and Daddy believe, or they believe the exact opposite. I am not threatened by this person at all- there isn't enough substance there to threaten anyone- but I am frustrated that their minds are closed at such a young age, and they have adopted this arrogance that keeps it closed.

Quote:That being said, I think you're a really good dude. You've got a lot of fun stories and it's always good to have a dissenting side of any argument, otherwise all of us liberal bastards just sit around and wack each other off all day. Tongue

Thanks, and right back at ya. Cool I LOVE arguments, if people can just keep their cool, drop the arrogance, and entertain the other viewpoint, really entertain it, before rejecting it.

Alot of people accuse me of generalizing...I actually don't, in my mind, and I think it comes out that way in my writing sometimes because I feel like it happens alot on the lib side. I see so much double standard, it kind of makes me laugh. Like my post about Julian Assange. Go find a news feed that is very searchable, or even something like facebook. You can find SO many instances where a person says something/releases something the liberals agree with, and the person is lauded as a hero and a god. Fast forward a few months, that person says something/releases something the liberals disagree with, and they rip that person apart like a pinata. It's pretty hilarious. I'm sure it happens on the cons side too, but I can't find nearly as many examples.
It's like the TON of bad stuff about Hillary. It's ALL nonsense, right? Right wing propaganda! It isn't possible that she gets her stuff swept under the rug and covered up by the government that is ALSO liberal? Because we all know the government is honest and forthright, and lays it all out there.
Yet anything said by Trump is taken as GOSPEL! Even though the government in place is against him, and we all know the government is never vindictive or uses its influence to get what it wants...right?

I see all of that. I have taken it all in, researched what I could, talked to people I know in the federal government. I can tell you that ALOT of the crap about Hillary is true. Can I prove it to your satisfaction? Nope. If I could I'd be talking to CNN right now. I have proven it to my satisfaction. She is an evil witch. Try to find ONE former employee who says good things about her- hell, even a current employee! (Word of caution- if you do find one, check their bank account for recent large deposits, just to be safe) I honestly- and you'll deny this, probably, but it's true- I honestly went at her with an open mind. I did NOT want Trump. I was really hoping the left would field a candidate I could live with just to oust Trump. But alas...

Trump is, in many ways, an idiot. He isn't an ACTUAL idiot, because regardless of the propaganda, he has turned a medium fortune into a HUGE fortune, and that takes guts and brains. It does. No doubt about it. Everybody has failures, and he has too...but he bounces back and goes at it again. I respect that tenacity, even if I reject that hair style and ego.
His intelligence doesn't concern me- chances are, he WOULD be good for the economy.
What concerns ME, is his mental and emotional maturity. The guy is a billionaire. He doesn't take the word NO very well. He is quite often impulsive, and he lashes out without thinking. He has some problems, and they scare me to death.

But here's the thing- and this is MY thing, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else...this is just how I have arrived where I am.

Trump is NOT devious. He doesn't think he has to be, because he is arrogant and egocentric. It takes a certain type of intelligence to BE devious, and I don't think Trump has it. NO matter what happens, I- and most people- will see Trump coming a mile away.

Hillary IS devious. She is underhanded, obviously has problems adhering to ethical standards by her employment history, remained married to a cheating playboy who flaunted it in front of the entire world and flat out lied to our highest court- I am certain, for purely political reasons. That is a level of devious that scares the holy mother of crap out of me.

Plus, just by my own standards, regardless of what the sympathetic liberal government found- and tell me you weren't a little taken aback by all of the FBI posturing and relenting and wishy-washing- she is a traitor. As a former military officer, what she did with those emails- INTENT OR NOT- is treason and should be grounds for imprisonment and certainly should ban her from a white house run. If I, as a captain in the armed forces, had taken ONE of those emails home via my private server, I would be in Gitmo or worse, for life. So she skates...why?

Don't get me started on Benghazi. Any person with a military background knows how the government works. With a sympathetic liberal government in place, none of that smoke would have made it to the public view if there wasn't a large fire there. I promise you.

If I can have arguments and discussions like this, be open myself and with open people, I really enjoy myself. Right now this sort of passion distracts me from other stuff, which I really need, too.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
25-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Quote:I like ya...hell, I even like biker. But then Girly likes trainwreck so there really is no accounting for taste, or good sense. Tongue

Anj, you are one of my favorite people here. Bowing I have a bit of a forum crush on you, I think. Unsure

NO matter what, I can count on you being honest and open about things, whether you agree with me or not. You never seem to get vindictive, you just tell it how you see it...and I like that. Heart
[+] 4 users Like The Dark One's post
25-09-2016, 12:44 PM
(25-09-2016 12:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I like ya...hell, I even like biker. But then Girly likes trainwreck so there really is no accounting for taste, or good sense. Tongue

Anj, you are one of my favorite people here. Bowing I have a bit of a forum crush on you, I think. Unsure

NO matter what, I can count on you being honest and open about things, whether you agree with me or not. You never seem to get vindictive, you just tell it how you see it...and I like that. Heart

Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-09-2016, 01:41 PM
@TheDarkOne

You don't like me? It's expected and unlamented. To be honest I also don't like you and have deep doubts about your "wealth of knowledge".

About liberals - You didn't put qualifiers, you wrote about alleged problems of liberal view. No matter how you will try to weasel out of it it looks like another idiotic generalization, just like one about Muslims. And in both cases you lack honesty to admit your biases and only now you try to make it sound better.

As for Muslims - you fucking wrote All Muslims are BAD. Yep. That is very true. I can hear heads exploding so at least be honest if you can't manage to avoid such childish generalizations.

As for Great Satan - it might have not occured to you but probably not all Muslims see USA in such way.

About rest of your rambling I care not.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post