Do or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Do or Die
(07-10-2016 02:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Part of a wider discussion of why you think adjusting tax rates on the rich will result in the end of the world and why you think people shouldn't receive "handouts".
Well, I've never said that though.

"end of the world" where did that come from?
"adjusting tax rates" where did that come from?
Hint: Not me
(07-10-2016 02:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Businesses (some businesses) do implement such schemes, that's true, but they have a choice as to whether to do that. Government has a *mandate* to rule for the benefit of the people. I'd say that the fact that such schemes are run by business rather than the government is an indictment of your government as much as a wonderful example of businesses being nice.
Governments are terribly inefficient, and they don't partner well with businesses. For the most part they implement taxes, give tax breaks, and give money away.
What Fonterra is doing is much better than giving away money.

(07-10-2016 02:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  And do please go fuck yourself with your bullshit claims that I hate business or success.
So, you are angry at me for something I have never said about you. Nice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 02:16 PM
(07-10-2016 04:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't hate business, nor do I think of it as evil.
OK. It seems I'm the only one bothered to call up EvolutionKills when he made these ridiculous statements. Only me. He gets heaps of likes, I get none. Everyone is criticising me for things I haven't said, and for positions they assume I have, which I don't.

(07-10-2016 04:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I simply understand how it is amoral, and find your reasoning (that if we leave businesses alone they'll do the right thing for the benefit of all) to be hopelessly naive.
It is interesting because I have never said or implied at all "that if we leave businesses alone they'll do the right thing for the benefit of all".
09-10-2016, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 01:38 AM by Szuchow.)
Looking for data on phone isn't handy and I had other more important things to do so answer is late but I couldn't left such assertion unanswered.

(26-09-2016 03:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Everyone groans at "America" but the truth is, we still have more freedom than any other country on earth.

You have some data to prove your feels? I guess not cause statistics clearly show that you're wrong:

- In the Human Freedom Index The United States is ranked in 20th of 152 place
- On economic freedom USA is ranked in 11th of 178 place
-When measuring freedom of press USA is ranked 41 from 160

Don't care about rest of the ramble, just pointing the most glaring error.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
09-10-2016, 01:50 AM
(09-10-2016 01:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Looking for data on phone isn't handy and I had other more important things to do so answer is late but I couldn't left such assertion unanswered.

(26-09-2016 03:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Everyone groans at "America" but the truth is, we still have more freedom than any other country on earth.

You have some data to prove your feels? I guess not cause statistics clearly show that you're wrong:

Thanks for that. How neocons can crow about "freedom" while also pushing for an expansion of the police state? That always rubs me the wrong way.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2016, 02:02 AM
(09-10-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 01:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Looking for data on phone isn't handy and I had other more important things to do so answer is late but I couldn't left such assertion unanswered.

Thanks for that.

No problem, just few minutes in Google.

(09-10-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How neocons can crow about "freedom" while also pushing for an expansion of the police state? That always rubs me the wrong way.

Easily, if one define freedom to be freedom to agree with me and/or government, or when one sees no problem with surveillance cause specter of terrorist threat is looming.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
09-10-2016, 02:33 AM
(09-10-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thanks for that. How neocons can crow about "freedom" while also pushing for an expansion of the police state? That always rubs me the wrong way.

Easy -- they pay obeisance to the cultural norm in order to make the pill less bitter. Things like "freedom", or "patriotism", those things sell themselves, right?

Sloganeering is always unworthy of trust, because slogans are themselves designed to dumb down the thought process, and short-circuit actual thinking.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2016, 02:42 AM
(09-10-2016 02:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thanks for that. How neocons can crow about "freedom" while also pushing for an expansion of the police state? That always rubs me the wrong way.

Easy -- they pay obeisance to the cultural norm in order to make the pill less bitter. Things like "freedom", or "patriotism", those things sell themselves, right?

Sloganeering is always unworthy of trust, because slogans are themselves designed to dumb down the thought process, and short-circuit actual thinking.

Simple messages for simple minds. Repeat the phrase often enough, and even a slave can mistake themselves for being free.

We cannot be the most free, or the bravest, when our nation has spent unprecedented amounts on expanding the military, by extension militarizing the police, and invading the privacy of it's own citizens. Seeing enemies around every corner and arming yourself to the teeth by orders of magnitude above and beyond the rest of the world isn't bravery, that's paranoia by any reasonable standard.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2016, 10:38 AM

Good to have you back in the fray Thumbsup

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-10-2016, 10:48 AM
(09-10-2016 02:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seeing enemies around every corner and arming yourself to the teeth by orders of magnitude above and beyond the rest of the world isn't bravery, that's paranoia by any reasonable standard.

The only Western empire I can think of which hasn't done that at one point or another in its history is perhaps the Dutch empire?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2016, 10:51 AM
(09-10-2016 02:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Ah yes Patriotism the watch of every fascist and with it all the fanaticism ,paranoia,and fear the other mentality it breeds.One can love a nation without becoming a zealot .

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post