Do or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-09-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Do or Die
Quote:I could write more and keep lengthening each point further but i really think this will do for now now i fully expect empty responses and lots of wall bumping

Nope. You are precisely the type of arrogant moron with no life experience but who believes he knows everything that I was talking about. I appreciate the demo! Thumbsup

I don't consider people like you worth arguing with. Faux intellectuals with too many opinions based only on other people's opinions. You aren't even fun to debate, you reject anything but your own opinion or the opinions of those who already agree with you. You spew data like a fire hose, all of it simply parroted, no original thinking, nothing I can't get from the 5 o'clock news.

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Quote:As for Muslims - you fucking wrote All Muslims are BAD. Yep. That is very true. I can hear heads exploding so at least be honest if you can't manage to avoid such childish generalizations.

If you kept reading, I very carefully-and clearly- explained that statement. It isn't how I FEEL, it is how I must THINK, for the reasons I listed.

This is why I don't like you. You have this bizarre self perception, you seem to believe you are Kwai Chang Caine...and I have no idea why.
25-09-2016, 02:23 PM
(25-09-2016 02:01 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:As for Muslims - you fucking wrote All Muslims are BAD. Yep. That is very true. I can hear heads exploding so at least be honest if you can't manage to avoid such childish generalizations.

If you kept reading, I very carefully-and clearly- explained that statement. It isn't how I FEEL, it is how I must THINK, for the reasons I listed.

This is why I don't like you. You have this bizarre self perception, you seem to believe you are Kwai Chang Caine...and I have no idea why.

Sure, you wrote some shit about how freedom is earned. Your input left me breathless oh wise one.

As for your dislike - sympathy from likes of you would made me feel tainted.

Concerning self perception - I must say that your opinion about yourself is intriguing. As I heard people tend to think that they're smarter than they really are but you're taking it to extreme I feel. Your OP is nothing more than rant and whining yet you are seemingly convinced that you're knowledgeable guy. It's curious if not exactly rare.

Lastly you missed with your comparission. In my humble moments I feel like Socrates. Yet even in most proud moments I try to remember that  "I know that I know nothing".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
25-09-2016, 03:28 PM
(25-09-2016 02:23 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 02:01 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  If you kept reading, I very carefully-and clearly- explained that statement. It isn't how I FEEL, it is how I must THINK, for the reasons I listed.

Sure, you wrote some shit about how freedom is earned. Your input left me breathless oh wise one.

As for your dislike - sympathy from likes of you would made me feel tainted.

Concerning self perception - I must say that your opinion about yourself is intriguing. As I heard people tend to think that they're smarter than they really are but you're taking it to extreme I feel. Your OP is nothing more than rant and whining yet you are seemingly convinced that you're knowledgeable guy. It's curious if not exactly rare.

Lastly you missed with your comparission. In my humble moments I feel like Socrates. Yet even in most proud moments I try to remember that  "I know that I know nothing".

Agreed he reasoned fuck all instead he blathered a bunch of ad hoc rationalizations like every other bigot the dunning kruger effect is strong with this one mixed with Prosecution complex that would make Discovery Institute" say damn get over yourself"

As for being disliked i stand united in being disliked as being liked by this clown would be equal to being grouped on a cross town bus

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
25-09-2016, 03:42 PM
(25-09-2016 11:15 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Well...thanks, guys. I think some of you misinterpret a few things I said, I don't lump everyone together- I'm talking about the most common interpretation that the press puts forward. The "liberal view" if I say that, is not- in my mind- meaning that all liberals think a certain way, and I try to put qualifiers in to make that clear. Rather, I'm talking about the most common view of the liberal/democrat as expressed in the media. As you say, that does not represent all democrats and/or liberals any more than it represents all republicans and/or conservatives. But since that view or opinion is the one most prevalent, it is the viewpoint or opinion causing the most harm. As I've said before on this forum, if liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans could sit down somewhere and really talk, really UNDERSTAND each others' viewpoint and opinion, I firmly believe that we aren't nearly as far apart as we think we are. We say things differently, and we have different priorities, but without the political rhetoric and prejudice, we're really on the same page in many ways.

I'm sorry, Szuchow, I just don't like you, I never have. I don't attack you or make a big thing of it, and I won't- it's perfectly ok not to like someone. But your comments like
Quote:About Muslims - all are BAD. Sure, buddy. Your wealth of knowledge must be staggering indeed if best you can manage is such shitty generalization. Also bolding a word does not make it true.

really just spotlight your ignorance. I was not- AM not- saying Muslims are all bad. I'm saying there are some VERY bad muslims out there, who want to destroy my country and way of life. This point is self evident.
Because the Muslim culture will not point these radical evil Muslims out to the authorities, or police them from within, we have no way of knowing which are the good ones and which are the bad ones, to simplify it in deference to you, so for the safety of all we must treat all as potentially dangerous- or "bad". Tactically, this is the ONLY choice that isn't stupid. Dealing with American Muslims is one thing- we owe them as much respect and deference as we can safely give, under the circumstances.
But allowing thousands and thousands of refugees into our country, any or all or none of whom may be here to hurt or destroy us? That's just stupid. Why, if they consider America the Great Satan, do they come here at all? Go to one of the other countries, we never signed up as the country for Muslim refugees on any sign-up form anywhere....

Just because america was founded on immigration- what country wasn't?- doesn't mean we can't say "ok, enough, we don't want anymore mass immigration into the US, we'll take you individually on a case by case basis, like other countries do."

So for most of you, thanks for propping me up with your comments. I'm not normally a needy guy, nor am I lacking in self confidence. Rather the opposite. "That's right, Iceman...I am dangerous..." Facepalm

I guess I should explain, although I'm kind of private about things like this, usually. It's one of the only things I AM private about.

I have some health issues, that have been getting worse lately. Bad. I have been hospitalized three times in the last 7 weeks, for a week or more each time. The news just keeps getting more troubling. I guess I'm angry and...I don't know what I am. I'm not exactly scared, yet, it's more like I'm scared of being scared...if that makes any sense at all.

I deal with emergencies very well. I can deal with an armed gunman- I have, on numerous occasions. I can deal with a person bleeding out in front of me- I can save them, actually, if all goes well. I don't panic. I can deal with ejecting out of a burning jet. Again, been there. Although that incident may prove my undoing.

When your own flesh turns on you...how do you fight that? How do you...do anything?

Ahhh....crap. I hate self pity. I really do.

Anyway...you guys gave me what I needed. Thanks, you godless bunch of heathens.

Bowing

Sorry that you have health issues to deal with. Health issues can shake you up to the core when you are looking them straight into the face.

Often though the possibilities conjured by worries are much more scary than the reality of dealing with something.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-09-2016, 03:50 PM
(25-09-2016 12:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I like ya...hell, I even like biker. But then Girly likes trainwreck so there really is no accounting for taste, or good sense. Tongue

Anj, you are one of my favorite people here. Bowing I have a bit of a forum crush on you, I think. Unsure

NO matter what, I can count on you being honest and open about things, whether you agree with me or not. You never seem to get vindictive, you just tell it how you see it...and I like that. Heart

Don't take ma Angie away from me! I saw her first!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
25-09-2016, 04:22 PM
As I said, I have some rough things going on in my life right now, and I was probably trying to cause an argument out of frustration. I didn't realize that, that wasn't my conscious intent, but I recognized it after I wrote my post and re-read it later.

Neither of you do a thing for me, sorry...it would be kind of fun have a little dust-up with a worthy opponent, but you two are both all show and no go, I'm afraid.

As it happens, I have a Masters in Herpetology from SRSU, and a Masters in applied aerodynamics from CU-B

I have been a member of MENSA since 1982, having scored a 163 on the Stanford-Binet and in the high 99th percentile on the Mensa exam.

I find that people who resort to abuse as quickly as the two of you do, generally are compensating for something.

That's too bad.
25-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Quote:Often though the possibilities conjured by worries are much more scary than the reality of dealing with something.

Thanks...unfortunately, the reality here is about as bad as I can imagine, for myself. Having something happen to my wife/kids/family is the worst imaginable, but I'm looking at about the worst case for me personally. Any idea what disarticulation is?

I hope not. Wish I didn't have a clue.

Sadcryface
25-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Quote:Don't take ma Angie away from me! I saw her first!

You know I love you, Leela...but I can't promise anything. The smilie heart wants, what the smilie heart wants. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
25-09-2016, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2016 09:28 PM by Szuchow.)
(25-09-2016 04:22 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  As I said, I have some rough things going on in my life right now, and I was probably trying to cause an argument out of frustration. I didn't realize that, that wasn't my conscious intent, but I recognized it after I wrote my post and re-read it later.

Trying to cause argument out of frustration? Way to go for someone of such distinguished age.

You aren't only person with rough life.

Quote: Neither of you do a thing for me, sorry...it would be kind of fun have a little dust-up with a worthy opponent, but you two are both all show and no go, I'm afraid.

Why you need "worthy opponent" for? Your posts consists of whining, rambling, idiotic generalizations and childish concern about being liked. Worthy opponent would be some kindergarten kid and even then you would be out of your league.

Quote: As it happens, I have a Masters in Herpetology from SRSU, and a Masters in applied aerodynamics from CU-B

So? You wouldn't be a first fool with degree.

Also how this degrees are relevant to "discussion" about history and politics?
Quote: I have been a member of MENSA since 1982, having scored a 163 on the Stanford-Binet and in the high 99th percentile on the Mensa exam.

If that's true then validity of IQ test falls in my eyes.

Quote: I find that people who resort to abuse as quickly as the two of you do, generally are compensating for something.

That's too bad.

I find people despetately trying to show how smart they are to be nothing more than fools. You speak about your high IQ but your posts do not reflect such. It's just shit full of biass, rant and perceived superiority.

Age does not equal wisdom it seems.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post