Do or Die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-09-2016, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 10:13 PM by OrdoSkeptica.)
RE: Do or Die
(26-09-2016 03:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:As for that last sentence, you have it backwards. Any action or policy against all Muslims will simply fuel anger and resentment. It will likely cause terrorist numbers to grow and then more people to die from their attacks. Furthermore, let's say we did ban all Muslims from entering the US. Do you honestly think that would prevent deaths (i.e., won't "get someone killed")? Do you honestly think terrorists won't find a way to enter the US illegally or they won't recruit more white-looking terrorists to take their place in the US? What about attacks abroad? Sorry, but you really haven't thought this through very well.

Quote:See, here is the arrogance I hear so often on liberal sites- I don't think you're arrogant, I don't know one way or another. But this
[quote]Sorry, but you really haven't thought this through very well.
is extremely arrogant. I have thought it through, and simply come to a different conclusion than you. Roughly half of the country (we'll find out in November if it slightly more or slightly less than half) agrees with me. So you and your half are smart, and the other half are not, because...we see the world differently?
Half your country thinks Noah ark is a true story and that the earth is started about the same time the Assyrians invented glue enough said

Quote:"We have our country. We have fought and bled and died and suffered and sacrificed to make it what it is."

That is the most romanticized white washed view of american history i ever seen

Quote: Everyone groans at "America"

How dare they point out america's flaws. And how dare those filthy foreigners bring up legitimate points about america's often shadowy foreign policies.

Quote: but the truth is, we still have more freedom than any other country on earth.

Nope

Quote:They have their country. They chose to sit back and let it be taken over by zealots and they allowed their country to become what it is

Behold they most simplified watered down version of Islamic and middle eastern history ever written

Quote:They can remain there, get angry, and fight and suffer and die to make it great, like we did, like Great Britain did, like...damned near everywhere in the world outside of the middle east has done..

Again ignorance of middle eastern history ladies and gentlemen extra points for also being ignorant of European and hell let's just put it out there global history.

Quote:.and eventually, after the bloody birth is complete, we will have a better world

yeah no

Quote:Or they can bail out of the shithole they helped create

Again history = ignorant

Quote:move to another country, behave the exact same way, and eventually turn it into a shithole too. Sounds grand.

I think this refutes itself really

Quote:I've been there, I've seen the nasty animals many of these people are- until you have walked through the streets of these countries and witnessed them killing each other like it's some sort of game, seen them wiring little children as bombs, treating women like property, like slaves...well, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Yes i do iv'e been to middle east i have relatives in the middle east. And most Muslim are honest, civil, hard working people trying there damnedest to survive.And then there is A SMALL underclass of murders and thugs who do the above.

Quote:You can go hug all of the trees you like, save whales, cuss conservatives, worship evil witches...whatever gets you off.

And you can keep warmongering preaching hate and fear and blaming minorities for all your problems till you spark WW3 and some trumpian lunatic finally presses the button

Quote:But when you are so incredibly brainless as to allow in people who have been fighting since the dawn of man,

Again Ignorance

Quote:and who have said plainly that America must be destroyed,

They have not said shit

Quote:and who have taken destructive steps towards that end, costing thousands of innocent lives..

again they have not done shit

Quote:.well, it just isn't going to happen. Sorry. You can keep 'em in your half of the country, I can't stop you.

I little late

Quote:They won't be in Texas

They already in Texas
And wait your from Texas my irony meter just went through the roof

Quote:Send them home. Have them repair their own house. They've had several millennia to do so...and yet...?

History= ignorance
And no i fear that's the thing that's not happening

Quote:You can call it prejudice if you want, I don't care at all. I know what it is, your name calling is irrelevant.

It is and calling it so is not name calling

Quote:Just because some of these people claim NOT to be vicious killers of all who don't share their faith,

just because the overwhelming majority of then are proven not to be killers

Quote:Doesn't mean they are welcome in my home.
Too bad it's not your home to welcome them (if home you mean country)

Quote:They can repair their status in the world, they just have to fight for it, like everyone else did.
They don't need you or anyone's sanction
and again history = ignorance

Quote:I still have no idea why these people become our problem?

The world is everyone problem you

Quote: We're on the other side of the world,

Distance dose not alter this fact

Quote:our culture represents everything they profess to hate,

Your culture is everything a bunch of extremist nut bars hate

Quote: Whether they bear us ill will or not.

Nice goal post moving

Quote:everything about the US is at odds with their religion.

All of the Abrahamic religions are at odds with america

Quote:So why in the world do they want to be here?

So many credentials yet so little power to see a obvious next did you ever think of asking them?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
26-09-2016, 06:36 PM
(26-09-2016 03:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  You can call it prejudice if you want, I don't care at all. I know what it is, your name calling is irrelevant. Just because some of these people claim NOT to be vicious killers of all who don't share their faith, doesn't mean they are welcome in my home. They can repair their status in the world, they just have to fight for it, like everyone else did.

A charming idea that totally escaped my attention. Tough to deny. But I still rather call it a shameless celebration of ignorance.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
26-09-2016, 07:31 PM
(26-09-2016 07:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 02:23 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Concerning self perception - I must say that your opinion about yourself is intriguing. As I heard people tend to think that they're smarter than they really are but you're taking it to extreme I feel. [...]

I can only suggest that The Dark One read up on the Dunning-Kruger Effect. He unerringly fits the clinical descriptors. Sad really.

Already called it Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
26-09-2016, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 10:59 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(26-09-2016 03:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  See, here is the arrogance I hear so often on liberal sites- I don't think you're arrogant, I don't know one way or another. But this

Quote:Sorry, but you really haven't thought this through very well.

is extremely arrogant.

Who cares if it's arrogant? Stand up and speak your piece. Pointing out arrogance is fine if you can underline the bullshit in the argument itself, but if your only complaint is behavior, not argumentation, perhaps you should move on to richer discussion?

I usually ignore dumbfucks, unless I see a chance at a clean headshot. As Twain wrote, "Never argue with an idiot -- he'll pull you down to his level and then beat you with experience."

No one cares about arrogance online. I read a study once that stated only 5% of all forum members/blog readers ever post at all. What you're seeing is the five per cent who are loudmouths. We're inherently arrogant -- if we didn't think our opinions mattered, would we talk at all?

You're brave enough to post ... are you brave enough to stay? Be advised, you'll be subject to hits, knocks, bruises, and perhaps a little butthurt. It happens.

Don't worry, you'll live.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Quote:You're brave enough to post ... are you brave enough to stay? Be advised, you'll be subject to hits, knocks, bruises, and perhaps a little butthurt. It happens.

Ah, Thumpy...if it was bravery, I'd have no problem with it. But there is no inherent bravery in remaining on a computer forum where everyone is anonymous.

If I didn't care, I'd just spout insanity and insults like any troll, until banned...and then I'd move on to the next forum or whatever interested me. If I didn't care, other people's beliefs wouldn't bother me in the least.

I don't get "butt hurt"...anyone who knows me in RW would laugh at that very concept. I get frustrated with ignorance and arrogance- not because arrogance itself bothers me, but because it is a barrier to education and understanding.

The arrogance I have encountered from many liberals just...well, baffles me. They portray themselves as thinking, rational human beings, yet they can't see what is right in front of their faces because of their own prejudices.

I am basing my opinion of the middle east on substantial time spent there, in person, on the ground and in the air, dealing first hand with our "allies" (often not an accurate word there) and also with our enemies. I have been in and out of the middle east since 1989. Believe it or not, I know a little bit about the region and its people. I LIKE many of them- but they do not do what they need to do- in most cases- to repair their countries and aim them towards a better future. They hide and look for avenues of escape, mostly, although there are some exceptions, and they are magnificent exceptions. I have trouble tossing the word "hero" about, but I know about a half dozen people from Iraq and Afghanistan who I consider true heroes, and there are many more- these are just the ones I have worked with and witnessed firsthand.
The funny thing, to me, is that while my opinion is based on facts- in my life experience, I'm not saying I have seen everything that goes on over there or even a tiny fraction of it- the liberals who argue with me USUALLY have never set foot in the middle east, and base their opinions on what they see on TV and what politicians say.
I can take you over to Iraq, and find more indigenous people who AGREE with my statements in this thread than who DISAGREE with them. In fact, my opinions were formed because I heard knowledgeable Iraqi and Afghan and Syrian people saying these very things- to my shock at the time. I learned that this is common.

Ask any soldier who spent time over there...ask indigenous personnel who were born and raised there...you'll hear the same or very similar stories. Ask an American Liberal? LOL...They know better, of course! Right from their living rooms and picket lines...they know the TRUTH!

I never hear any of these liberals I try to converse with admit for a microsecond that perhaps they might be wrong, that they might have the wrong impression based on some skewed data or dishonest politicians...nope, they're too busy piling on me, trying to sound intelligent and sarcastic and ironic and whatever else makes them feel cool and superior. I love to throw Texas in there- they damned near orgasm!

These people don't threaten me, Thumpy. Shitheads with guns, antiaircraft artillery, sams, and ejecting out of a burning plane has been my life. You think a bunch of holier-than-thou tree huggers on an anonymous forum cause me any pain? I feel frustrated that I can't get through to them, I'm annoyed at their double standards, and the Texan in me really wants to knock their larynxes out of line, just because I enjoy that sort of thing, but that's all. In the end, they continue in their cloud of ignorance, oblivious to real life. It's their problem, really.

But what do I know?
27-09-2016, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2016 05:11 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

To Dark One.

Perhaps you need to cultivate a wider and more diverse lexicon to convey your ideas with finer detail and sharper, concise precision. Thumbsup

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
27-09-2016, 07:58 AM
(26-09-2016 12:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  RE: Muslims "refusing" to integrate: You could also say this about Hasidic Jews, Amish, and probably a few other groups as well -- but I don't hear anyone calling for their deportation or denying immigration to them. I don't care whether or not they "integrate", as long as they obey our laws and don't bother me. Militant fundie Christians bother me more than any Muslim ever has -- and I don't want to deport them either.

None of them are blowing people up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2016, 08:04 AM
(26-09-2016 07:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 02:23 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Concerning self perception - I must say that your opinion about yourself is intriguing. As I heard people tend to think that they're smarter than they really are but you're taking it to extreme I feel. [...]

I can only suggest that The Dark One read up on the Dunning-Kruger Effect. He unerringly fits the clinical descriptors. Sad really.

No, he doesn't fit it. Read it again.

He is not claiming expertise, just experience.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-09-2016, 08:39 AM
(27-09-2016 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 07:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I can only suggest that The Dark One read up on the Dunning-Kruger Effect. He unerringly fits the clinical descriptors. Sad really.

No, he doesn't fit it. Read it again.

He is not claiming expertise, just experience.

You have that right...I'm the dumbest bastard I know. Seriously, every time I think I know something, here comes a person or a situation that just knocks my ideas over like bowling pins. I'm with ol' Socrates on this one...I know nothing. That makes me smart, now, right? That's what I got outa "Essential Thinkers", anyway...well, that, and a secret fondness for sandals.
27-09-2016, 08:41 AM
(27-09-2016 03:26 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

To Dark One.

Perhaps you need to cultivate a wider and more diverse lexicon to convey your ideas with finer detail and sharper, concise precision. Thumbsup

Hug

You sayin I don't talk good? Huh
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post