Do the theists here believe..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Do the theists here believe..
Do the theists here believe that a man named Moses actually existed, and if so did he literally lead the jews out of Egypt and part the Red Sea?

If yes, then why the fuck didn't god part the North Sea to free the jews from the nazis in WWII? I mean, they are the chosen people, yes? God is the same yesterday, today and forever, right?

Why are seas not parted, why can the blind not see, why don't amputees grow limbs, why don't fiery chariots swoop from the sky, why no more lucky dead guys being raised from the dead, why no more magical fish and bread to feed the hungry? I could go on but you get the point.

Jebus first "miracle," turning water into wine... WTF? That's no miracle you useless, alcoholic bastard. Why not turn water into a vaccine that cures one of the many, many diseases.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ape_Linkin's post
17-01-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: Do the theists here believe..
(16-01-2013 07:11 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Do the theists here believe that a man named Moses actually existed, and if so did he literally lead the jews out of Egypt and part the Red Sea?

If yes, then why the fuck didn't god part the North Sea to free the jews from the nazis in WWII? I mean, they are the chosen people, yes? God is the same yesterday, today and forever, right?

Why are seas not parted, why can the blind not see, why don't amputees grow limbs, why don't fiery chariots swoop from the sky, why no more lucky dead guys being raised from the dead, why no more magical fish and bread to feed the hungry? I could go on but you get the point.

Jebus first "miracle," turning water into wine... WTF? That's no miracle you useless, alcoholic bastard. Why not turn water into a vaccine that cures one of the many, many diseases.
Moses - yes.

The rest - presuming to know why God does or does not do something is the height of arrogance.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
17-01-2013, 04:55 AM
(17-01-2013 04:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 07:11 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Do the theists here believe that a man named Moses actually existed, and if so did he literally lead the jews out of Egypt and part the Red Sea?

Moses - yes.

The rest - presuming to know why God does or does not do something is the height of arrogance.

Assuming your specific interpretation of your religion is correct above all other religions, which have just as "strong" a basis as your own, is without a doubt a supreme act of arrogance.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
17-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Here we go again...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-01-2013, 03:27 PM
It just doesn't add up. According to the bible god would intervene almost every day it seems. He wouldn't just stop; he wouldn't let the jews suffer so much.

I find the old testament quite funny; the stories amd morals are exactly what a bronze-age tribal leader would write about.

If you believe every one of those ridiculouse stories is an allegory, than god must be one too.
17-01-2013, 03:39 PM
(17-01-2013 04:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Here we go again...
Thanks for reposting these... regardless of belief or lack of... these particular videos contain some very well researched history!
It's always good to be reminded of great reference material. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-01-2013, 03:49 PM
(17-01-2013 04:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  The rest - presuming to know why God does or does not do something is the height of arrogance.
Correct, assuming that blind, unquestioning, submissive, faith is top priority.

Don't ask questions, you might stop worshipping our sky-daddy!

Seems rather weak that many hold a belief in god simply through clergy and psychological traps enforcing docility, rather than relying on observable truth values.

Coincidence? Consider

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
24-01-2013, 10:01 PM
(17-01-2013 04:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  

Moses - yes.

i could be mistaken but i dont think anyone presumed to know why your little storybook character did anything.
25-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Evid3nc3 videos are a source of great information. With many other bits of information, those videos helped me understand the religion I was once in and why I nailed that final nail into that religious coffin.

As for "arrogance in questioning a god", . . . there is no purpose served in "just obeying what some other PEOPLE tell you a god is commanding". The height of arrogance is within the person who "knows they are absolutely right about a god claim that has no actual evidence". Some very GOOD questions have been raised in the OP, as well as many others who ask similarly excellent questions . . . and some . . . to a god who is absent and silent. Later, they realize that there was never any "super being" listening to them. After that, there may be a few years [each person is different] of anger that they actually believed such unsupported junk.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
28-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Am I allowed to take the same hateful, sarcastic tone in answering you as you took in making this question, or will I get banned for calling a spade a spade? Let's find out.
1.) Yes.
2.) Because He chose not to.
3.) Yeah, I get your point. You like to be a moron. (oh oh, that's gotta get me banned). Maybe you can ask God when you meet Him face to face. I don't pretend to know why God does anything.
4.)Apparently you dont really expect any answers to your faming trolling, so I wont bother to even try becuae you are a disrespectul jackass that doesnt really deserve to live.