Do the theists here believe..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Do the theists here believe..
(30-01-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  There you go again, not knowing anything about Christianity, confusing my actions with my salvation. I guess you consider his flaming, blaspheming words acceptable. Amazing, when a Christian does the same thing you get outraged. How very hypocritocal of you.
Actually, I stand with what I said in that thread. I get tired of sitting here letting you people blasheme whom I consider to be the Creator of the universe. How very atheistic of you. Apparently, if someone called your mother a filthy, diseased whore you woulod just sit there and not take issue with it? Riiiight. Angry
So, then, why are you here? We don't believe in your religion, your salvation, your myths, or your god. You are not likely to convert anyone here,
especially with your attitude.
Chas,
Did you miss my posts where I got the word from God about why He sent me here? I'm here to help you add fuel to your funeral pyre after the Judgement. Yay for me. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 04:05 PM
(30-01-2013 03:58 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, then, why are you here? We don't believe in your religion, your salvation, your myths, or your god. You are not likely to convert anyone here,
especially with your attitude.
Chas,
Did you miss my posts where I got the word from God about why He sent me here? I'm here to help you add fuel to your funeral pyre after the Judgement. Yay for me. Big Grin

I suggest you go annoy others. I think Christianity is an odious religion. Blood sacrifice, blood atonement for other people's sins, bleccch. Disgusting tripe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 07:47 PM
(30-01-2013 03:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  How very Christian of you, hypochrist. Rolleyes
There you go again, not knowing anything about Christianity, confusing my actions with my salvation. I guess you consider his flaming, blaspheming words acceptable. Amazing, when a Christian does the same thing you get outraged. How very hypocritocal of you.
Actually, I stand with what I said in that thread. I get tired of sitting here letting you people blasheme whom I consider to be the Creator of the universe. How very atheistic of you. Apparently, if someone called your mother a filthy, diseased whore you woulod just sit there and not take issue with it? Riiiight. Angry

Speaking of blaspheming I posted this on the Poet's Corner but allow me to indulge by reposting.

A Christian a Moslem and Jew
Argued 'bout who's God was true.
They yelled and they screamed
And all three blasphemed
With no God to insult in my view.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-01-2013, 09:43 PM
(30-01-2013 03:56 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Richard, I've studied your religion enough to confidently say...

You Suck At Your Religion

[Image: header.png]

[Image: judge.png]
[Image: science.png] [Image: choose.png]
[Image: favorite_color.png]
[Image: sex.png]
[Image: validate.png]
[Image: scientology.png]
[Image: vote.png]
[Image: extremist.png]
[Image: die.png]
[Image: end.png]
What a terrible waste of space just to state, in a childish, immature manner, your opinion. Tongue
But as long as the mods are fine with your wasting space it's fine with me. Big Grin

[Image: 137-God-hates_zps3b3f9ac8.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Science investigates, religion interprets.

I got my first like....[Image: weeping.gif] Thank you!
[+] 1 user Likes Scientia's post
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
(30-01-2013 03:58 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Chas,

So, . . . . . . your "god" sent you here so that we would feel even more heat in the torture chamber when we die? What a heinous, ghastly, and evil "god" you have there, Richard. Can you not see why I can say that? Don't just respond out of your indoctrination. Really THINK about it for a while.

I'm agnostic. I can't say whether or not there are any "deities" out there. But if the one you believe in truly exists, it must be one of the worst. I have FAR more morality than this "god".
[+] 3 users Like DeavonReye's post
24-02-2013, 04:33 AM
(16-01-2013 07:11 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  ....why can the blind not see, why don't amputees grow limbs, why don't fiery chariots swoop from the sky, why no more lucky dead guys being raised from the dead, why no more magical fish and bread to feed the hungry? I could go on but you get the point....
I'm not going to comment on Moses or Jesus. I will make this comment regarding miracles. For a miracle to actually be a miracle, it has to be an event that goes beyond the usual and ordinary circumstances of nature. That means its going to be rare and by rare I mean maybe happening just once in the history of humanity. If amputees occassionally grow limbs back, then growing limbs back becomes a natural phenomena that happens to occur occasionally.
Suppose you lose your arm in a wood chipper and the doc tells you there is a 1 in a 100 million chance it will grow back. Further suppose you meet a theist who also happened to have a wood chipper accident. The thiest tells you he prayed to God and by a miracle his arm grew back. Would you consider that evidence of the existence of God? I wouldn't...and I am a theist.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag