Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?
Did you know that Jesus will return for the people who have a relationship with him?

Did you know we call it the Rapture or the Second Coming?

Yes, Jesus is coming back for the "save" the true Christians...

Will you be ready... he will not give a sign .. he will come as a thief in the night.. he will come through the clouds when we least expect it.

1 Thess 5:2

For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

So be ready... Like one of our favorite preacher always say: Dr TD Jakes..."Get ready .. Get ready.."

Be bless.Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?
I'm sure you will have a fun time trying to prove all of this.

[Image: opforum1.png]
06-09-2012, 07:46 AM
(06-09-2012 07:42 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm sure you will have a fun time trying to prove all of this.

AmenAngel

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Wow i never looked at it that way before. Guys the op is so right. AOC please tell me how can i be part of this wondrous event. I want to be saved just tell me how i can be part of this far fetched yet totaly believable story.....i mean people come from the dead all the time after sacrificing themself to save us from themselfs for doing something they forced on us and then punishes us for doing....
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
06-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Of course we know, we are atheists after all.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
06-09-2012, 08:00 AM
(06-09-2012 07:46 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:42 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm sure you will have a fun time trying to prove all of this.

AmenAngel

You do know that this 'rapture' you speak of DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE BIBLE!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-09-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 09:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Apocalypticism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypticism ) was the content of the preaching of many of the itinerant preachers of Jesus' day. We know the names of at least 20 of those. They all were seen to go around doing miracles, and healings. He was likely an Essene, (if he existed, and possibly a conflation of a set of mythological Essene-type figures, possibly their leader). The "kingdom" he preached about was a restoration of the ancient kingdom of Israel. Even very very late in his "ministry", his followers were looking for the actual physical restoration of the kingdom. (Act 1:6-11 ‘Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?’) Jesus himself expected it to happen.
It was essentially a cultural reaction to the Roman occupation, which posed a threat to the "chosen" or "special status" of that culture.

In 70 CE, the Romans destroyed the Jewish temple,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Je...m_%2870%29 ,
and later in the 2nd Century, during and after the bar Kochba revolt, the city itself was destroyed.

With the complete destruction, a severe blow was dealt to Apocalypticism, and the paradigm was changed to a future, spiritual event, in an effort to market the cult, and keep it alive.

Jesus, if he ever existed, is long dead. He will not be coming back any time soon. "Any day now" has been the claim for thousands of years. There is not one conceivable reason to think AoC knows anything that everyone else doesn't.

Saying Jesus is coming back, is equivalent to my asserting "the moon is made of green cheese".

Dr. Bart Ehrman :

BTW "be bless" is incorrect English, and raises the question for many of us of your education level, and ability to use the language in a coherent manner.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2012, 08:50 AM
There is no such thing as a rapture. It is not in scripture. It isn't alluded to.

The rapture was fabricated by Darby along with his heretical dispensationalism.

So, the challenge is to you to find scripture reference to the rapture.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
06-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Ok, you do realize that pretty much everyone here knows the bible better than you do, right? Your lack of biblical knowledge has even been called out by another Christian.

But hey, continue to embarrass yourself if you wish. It is mildly amusing.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-09-2012, 09:29 AM
But only mildly...

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post