Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?
Hello,

Yes you are right.. the word "Rapture" is not in the bible.. but it is a word or term use to describe the same meaning the bible mention like:

The Rapture is a term in Christian eschatology which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord".

Those words are in the bible. So "Rapture" means just that.

But because that one word is not in the bible, does not deviate that it will not happen. It will take place.

This is why you must study the Word of God for yourself so that you will not be ignorant to it.

Again: 2 Tim 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

What you don't know can hurt you like my fellow Christian on this site stated yesterday. Sinner's Prayer.

Amen.

Jesus still love you all.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I believe that you lack the intelligence or social skills that you need.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
[Image: star-wars-gifs-dinsey.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Jeff's post
06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
AOC can you stop uploading the same image of a horrible form of execution. You're just wasting file space.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
06-09-2012, 04:28 PM
(06-09-2012 04:14 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Hello,

Yes you are right.. the word "Rapture" is not in the bible.. but it is a word or term use to describe the same meaning the bible mention like:

The Rapture is a term in Christian eschatology which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord".

But because that one word is not in the bible, does not deviate that it will not happen. It will take place.

This is why you must study the Word of God for yourself so that you will not be ignorant to it.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

What you don't know can hurt you like my fellow Christian on this site stated yesterday. Sinner's Prayer.

Amen.

Keep your religion in your pants.
[Image: 9fRRb.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM

You are biblically ignorant. That's not what that verse says or means... at all. Research some Greek, please. I found someone that said it better than I could.

Taken from http://www.demonbuster.com/rapture.html

1 Thessalonians 4:17 is the SINGLE Scripture used to justify THE RAPTURE by false doctrine. Based on Scripture, you cannot make a doctrine on a SINGLE Scripture. The word RAPTURE does not appear in the text of any translation of the Bible, in any language.

"CAUGHT UP" are the words used by many when referring to THE RAPTURE. King James must have missed this one because the words "CAUGHT UP" are not found in the Young's Concordance for 1 Thessalonians 4:17. However, "CATCH" is listed under that Scripture. That word appears 13 times, and is translated six different ways: catch, catch away, catch (caught) up, pluck and take by force. In the 12 other Scriptures, it has nothing to do with the physical removal of living people from the earth/world to heaven.

Also in THE RAPTURE CHAPTER, 1 Thessalonians 4:17, is to meet the lord IN THE AIR. According to the Strong's and Young's concordance, "AIR" is the Greek word "AER", as used in the following Scriptures:

Acts 22:23, ...and threw dust into the air (AER).

1 Corinthians 9:26, ...not as one who beateth the air (AER).

1 Corinthians 14:9, ...for ye shall speak in the air (AER).

Another Greek word which is also translated, AIR, in the KJV of the Bible is OURANOS. That translation is found in Matthew 6:26, 8:20, 13:32; Mark 4:4 and 32; Luke 8:5, 9:58, 13:19 and Acts 10:12, 11:6. Each one of these Scriptures refer to "the birds/fowls of the air (ouranos).

Grab a handful of dirt and throw it into the air. That's about where you would be hanging IF there were to be a RAPTURE, based on the recorded meaning of the word AIR.

Next we have the phrase "with them in the CLOUDS". If you look outside, you can see the clouds WAY UP there. BUT, is that what the Scripture means? No.

In the following Scriptures, the CLOUD came DOWN to earth:

Matthew 17:5; Mark 9:7; Luke 9:34

In 1Corinthians 10:1,2, they were UNDER the CLOUD, and were baptized IN the CLOUD.

Hebrews 11:36 through 12:2 talks about SO GREAT A CLOUD OF WITNESSES.

With all of the above, let us read 1 Thessalonians 4, beginning at verse 13, with a much more accurate and clearer understanding of the words and terms used therein. For clarity, the following Scripture quotes from 1 Thessalonians are in capital letters.

"BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU IGNORANT, BRETHREN, CONCERNING THEM WHICH ARE ASLEEP (this Scripture is primarily about the departed/dead saints in Christ) THAT YE SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS WHICH HAVE NO HOPE (the Sadducees did not believe in a resurrection). FOR IF WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN (we all believe that), EVEN SO (in like manner) THEM ALSO WHICH SLEEP (are dead) IN JESUS WILL GOD BRING WITH HIM (Jesus). FOR THIS WE SAY UNTO YOU BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, THAT WE (Biblical believers) WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN (on earth) UNTO THE COMING OF THE LORD SHALL NOT PREVENT (precede) (have any advantage over) THEM WHICH ARE ASLEEP. FOR THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN (Acts 1:11, Jesus went directly from earth to Heaven and shall return "in like manner" directly from Heaven to earth. No rapture back to heaven for a later third coming!) WITH A SHOUT, WITH THE VOICE OF THE ARCHANGEL, AND THE TRUMP(et) OF GOD: AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE (Greek word, anistemi: to set up or be resurrected) FIRST: THEN WE WHO ARE ALIVE ("We shall not all die, but shall be changed/transformed/transfigured" (1 Cor 15:51) AND REMAIN (on the earth in the "aer") SHALL BE CAUGHT UP (made one) (harpazo) TOGETHER (at the same time) WITH THEM (the dead in Christ) IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR (the "great cloud of witnesses" that will "be made perfect" with us on earth when Jesus brings their spirits "with Him" to be united with their bodies resurrected out of the ground "first" into the air [aer] with us in the air, on the surface of the earth): AND SO SHALL WE (for) EVER BE WITH THE LORD (in the air [aer] here ON earth forever). WHEREFORE, COMFORT (reassure) ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS." (Notice, the Lord "descended from Heaven" before we are "caught up" to Him; just as the "New Jerusalem" came down to dwell with us--Rev. 21:2.)

Quote:But because that one word is not in the bible, does not deviate that it will not happen. It will take place.

No. No, it will not. There is nothing in the Bible that says that. You make the command to study scripture, but you don't even know what it says.

Quote:Again: 2 Tim 2:15

Amen.

Take your own advice.

Study what you're preaching.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey let's play a game, everytime he uses that cross image let's post a offensive religious picture. :3 Winner to get a reaction wins a hug!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
06-09-2012, 04:38 PM
(06-09-2012 04:14 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Those words are in the bible. So "Rapture" means just that.

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.
Thus I will say nothing more to the fool.

(06-09-2012 04:14 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  It will take place.

And the moon is made of green cheese.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Amen.

Will he love me after I wipe my bum with his word?
[Image: toilet-paper-bible-toilet-paper-religion-1342839332.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 04:56 PM by Logica Humano.)
You are biblically ignorant. That's not what that verse says or means... at all. Research some Greek, please.

Toilutus 14:23-25
"[1]And the Lord spoketh unto thee, if one needeth any cloth of linen or cloth of wool, but cannot find any, feel free to useth my biography for your own private usage.[2]And if thou haveth a really wet one, like that of the butter of peanuts, please put to use multiple pages.[3]Let not any demonic unpleasantry causeth your bottom to itch, thus said the Lord."

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post