Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?
(06-09-2012 04:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You are biblically ignorant. That's not what that verse says or means... at all. Research some Greek, please.

Toilutus 14:23-25
"[1]And the Lord spoketh unto thee, if one needeth any cloth of linen or cloth of wool, but cannot find any, feel free to useth my biography for your own private usage.[2]And if thou haveth a really wet one, like that of the butter of peanuts, please put to use multiple pages.[3]Let not any demonic unpleasantry causeth your bottom to itch, thus said the Lord."

Is it even worth debating this guy?

All he is going to do is quote some random bible verse, repeat that jesus loves you and then he'll rinse and repeat again.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
(06-09-2012 04:14 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Hello,

Yes you are right.. the word "Rapture" is not in the bible.. but it is a word or term use to describe the same meaning the bible mention like:

The Rapture is a term in Christian eschatology which refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord".

Those words are in the bible. So "Rapture" means just that.

But because that one word is not in the bible, does not deviate that it will not happen. It will take place.

This is why you must study the Word of God for yourself so that you will not be ignorant to it.

Again: 2 Tim 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

What you don't know can hurt you like my fellow Christian on this site stated yesterday. Sinner's Prayer.

Amen.

Jesus still love you all.

[Image: stop_making_stupid_posts.gif]

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
06-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Shouldn't God (as in the Christian god) be able to find a better recruiter?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 07:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-09-2012 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Shouldn't God (as in the Christian god) be able to find a better recruiter?

We need to develop, and market a Test/Certification exam, so the standard will be when they preachy-weachy, they have to give their Cert #. ($$$$ opportunity).
Maybe we could write, "Preaching for Dummies".

Some preachers actually have to have a license, in some places. Seems the barriers to entry are mighty low.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
06-09-2012, 07:25 PM
(06-09-2012 07:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Shouldn't God (as in the Christian god) be able to find a better recruiter?

We need to develop, and market a Test/Certificatio exam, so the standard will be when they preachy-weachy, they have to give their Cert #. ($$$$ opportunity).

Some preachers actually have to have a license, in some places. Seems the barriers to entry are mighty low.

Are you thinking of becoming a biblical professor?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
(06-09-2012 07:25 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We need to develop, and market a Test/Certificatio exam, so the standard will be when they preachy-weachy, they have to give their Cert #. ($$$$ opportunity).

Are you thinking of becoming a biblical professor?

He's just an insufferable know-it-all. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
(06-09-2012 07:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:25 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Are you thinking of becoming a biblical professor?

He's just an insufferable know-it-all. Drinking Beverage

The thing is, since he's a self-identified insufferable know-it-all, that makes him sufferable.
But since he's sufferable, then he's incorrect, and therefore he doesn't know it all.
Which makes his thinking he knows it all rather insufferable.

Hmmmm.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-09-2012, 07:37 PM
(06-09-2012 07:25 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Are you thinking of becoming a biblical professor?

Nope. It's interesting looking at Ancient History stuff, but I live in the real world.

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM
(06-09-2012 07:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He's just an insufferable know-it-all. Drinking Beverage

The thing is, since he's a self-identified insufferable know-it-all, that makes him sufferable.
But since he's sufferable, then he's incorrect, and therefore he doesn't know it all.

Hmmmm.Consider

Exactly. Paradoxical Bucky. "This sentence is false".

06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
(06-09-2012 07:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He's just an insufferable know-it-all. Drinking Beverage

Hmmmm.Consider

And I guess the suffering part is our fault because we know better, but we let him hang out with us anyway.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel