Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: Do you Believe that Jesus will Come back?
(10-09-2012 10:17 AM)Logisch Wrote:  hahahahahaha

Is Jeebus coming back ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2012, 12:19 PM
last.
11-09-2012, 05:02 AM
(10-09-2012 12:19 PM)Magoo Wrote:  last.

Lol, Magoo.

(Or is only Erx allowed to say that? Confused)

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
13-09-2012, 08:13 AM
You motherfuckers stop trolling theist forums, maybe these strays stop following you home. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-09-2012, 08:24 AM
(11-09-2012 05:02 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 12:19 PM)Magoo Wrote:  last.

Lol, Magoo.

(Or is only Erx allowed to say that? Confused)

No way! Everyone should say Lol, Magoo!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-09-2012, 08:24 AM
(13-09-2012 08:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You motherfuckers stop trolling theist forums, maybe these strays stop following you home. Angry

I guess my theory that this was an ellenjanuary sock puppet was wrong. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-09-2012, 11:39 AM
(13-09-2012 08:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You motherfuckers stop trolling theist forums, maybe these strays stop following you home. Angry

I guess my theory that this was an ellenjanuary sock puppet was wrong. Consider

I don't use a sock puppet unless I'm banned. I'm moral like that. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-09-2012, 08:16 PM
(10-09-2012 04:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The Bible has a unicorn. The Qu'ran has a pegasus. They are both equally non-relevant. ;D

(09-09-2012 11:23 PM)Alice Wrote:   So what if I think the word of god though is from the Zend Avesta or The Kojiki?? Hell, what if I think that somehow god spoke through Walt Disney and it came through in Snow White. Seems more realistic. I think ill study that, movie night!!! I mean seriously, how can the main thing to back up the bible is the bible? Ive tried finding "proof" that what it says is real, you can't. You can find out how we got like the King James version which makes me believe it less, well now I don't believe it at all, I don't need to study it anymore then the Koran. The only reason I would is so I can quote for quote verses to contradict your verses, but I could save time and probably just google it. God is not Great is Great. It's arrogance to propose you have the one way, but cant sufficiently back it up, you have to prove it. Prove it without using the bible and im listening.

If you are going to debate about the Bible, Torah, or Qu'ran, I suggest reading it beforehand.
I would not debate the content, because I have not read the whole thing, I know things I have been taught and have read some. However, I did do a lot of research on the bible transitions like the king james from the geneva and the catholic bible, and all of that jazz. My approach was more where did this come from, how did it evolve, does it seem legit. No. So I don't feel rushed to read the entire thing, because I know I don't believe it, I know too much about it.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 3 users Like Alice's post
14-09-2012, 01:26 AM
(13-09-2012 08:16 PM)Alice Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 04:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The Bible has a unicorn. The Qu'ran has a pegasus. They are both equally non-relevant. ;D

If you are going to debate about the Bible, Torah, or Qu'ran, I suggest reading it beforehand.
I would not debate the content, because I have not read the whole thing, I know things I have been taught and have read some. However, I did do a lot of research on the bible transitions like the king james from the geneva and the catholic bible, and all of that jazz. My approach was more where did this come from, how did it evolve, does it seem legit. No. So I don't feel rushed to read the entire thing, because I know I don't believe it, I know too much about it.

Reading it will provide a more understanding approach to the Bible-thumpers. If you are confronted with Bible verses, I can quickly flip through the Old or New Testament and give you a contradictory verse. Same with the Qur'ran. It's best to read the core tenets of the opposition so you know your enemy.

I don't believe it either. But I read it, and I do not believe I wasted any time at all.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-09-2012, 06:49 AM
(14-09-2012 01:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:16 PM)Alice Wrote:  I would not debate the content, because I have not read the whole thing, I know things I have been taught and have read some. However, I did do a lot of research on the bible transitions like the king james from the geneva and the catholic bible, and all of that jazz. My approach was more where did this come from, how did it evolve, does it seem legit. No. So I don't feel rushed to read the entire thing, because I know I don't believe it, I know too much about it.

Reading it will provide a more understanding approach to the Bible-thumpers. If you are confronted with Bible verses, I can quickly flip through the Old or New Testament and give you a contradictory verse. Same with the Qur'ran. It's best to read the core tenets of the opposition so you know your enemy.

I don't believe it either. But I read it, and I do not believe I wasted any time at all.

I'll get to it eventually I have heard it only confirms atheism, although I don't think you have to read any holy book to even argue with a religious person. I'm not much into arguing in a battle that if won does nothing but anger the other side. Except perhaps on here lol. The core is the same, a higher power, that cannot be proven and they all know it cannot, I have chosen to only believe that which can be proven therefore that really is the only argument I need for now. For now its more about them understanding, but AGREED for future reference I NEED to get a move on because of how religious my family is and they will be throwing left and right verses, and I KNOW they haven't read the whole thing. Right now I am just overwhelmed in general and starting something like that seems unreachable, I don't feel like I would be able to give it the time I would need to. I had started it a while ago and then school started again and now I would have to start all over. So I need to have the time to really just read it straight through everyday and right now I just don't have the time! I want to be able to take notes, highlight, write in margins, and journal about it, otherwise I will forget it. I just hope that I will recognize the contradictions like the 2 different creation stories, they are together so they are obvious but my husband said that when he read it there is also a part where Jesus is in front of pharoh before his crucifiction and doesn't talk then in another part he said Jesus talked a huge long documented paragraph. That was his first moment of WTF?! lol. He didn't finish it either I think he got through the new testement but not the old. I took a scriptures class too but it covered many religions and I kept my books (good thinking) so that I can reference back and actually I have a website at home if anyone is interested you just click on the subject like love and it gives verses that reference it in all the holy books. We used it for class and although its not very GOTCHA stuff its still very interesting.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza