Do you Compartmentalize?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Do you Compartmentalize?
(12-05-2016 08:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Just waiting on ol' TommyBoy to acknowledge this:

Just to make it painfully clear what you asked for: "So show me, show me a published study, in which the researcher had a strong bias going into it, which his/her bias was eliminated in process of peer review. You claim there's a lot. Show me some."

And what I delivered:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...York_State

And then your ignored it. Put up or shut up. I gave you an example of exactly what you asked for. Admit your bullshit.

Ah yes, you're that delivery guy who brought me a cheesesteak and a 2-liter, when i asked for a pepperoni pizza and a side of fries, telling me that he delivered me exactly what I asked for. Apparently he can't tell the difference between a cheesesteak w/2-liter, and a pepperoni pizza w/side of fries.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 02:03 PM
(12-05-2016 01:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. With 10 examples.

I already did, you just have trouble paying attention.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
12-05-2016, 02:04 PM
What exactly is your point Tommy? That scientists get stuff wrong and are ego driven sometimes? So what? The entire point is that if they get it wrong some motivated dickhead a few years down the line or a few decades or centuries (in the case of Newton) is eventually gonna point it out.

Why is this viewed as a drawback by you? You think you can laugh at us for having "faith" or some shit? Our alleged faith is better placed than yours. It's faith in the method, that eventually errors will be corrected and our understanding will advance. It's grounded in reality. It is borne out by experience. And the method itself is subject to review.

Have you got a legitimate criticism to make of the scientific method, for why we *shouldn't* have faith in it? If you have, present it. And you will be awarded a big prize and invited to dinners for the rest of your life because scientists *like* people who help them to improve their methods.

If you haven't got a legitimate criticism, carry on being a delusional dick I guess.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2016, 02:05 PM
(12-05-2016 02:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Just waiting on ol' TommyBoy to acknowledge this:

Just to make it painfully clear what you asked for: "So show me, show me a published study, in which the researcher had a strong bias going into it, which his/her bias was eliminated in process of peer review. You claim there's a lot. Show me some."

And what I delivered:

And then your ignored it. Put up or shut up. I gave you an example of exactly what you asked for. Admit your bullshit.

Ah yes, you're that delivery guy who brought me a cheesesteak and a 2-liter, when i asked for a pepperoni pizza and a side of fries, telling me that he delivered me exactly what I asked for. Apparently he can't tell the difference between a cheesesteak w/2-liter, and a pepperoni pizza w/side of fries.

And there you have it. TommyBoy gets what he asked for and his response is "nuh uh! This isn't what I wanted to see because this doesn't fit the straw man narrative I construct as I move the goal posts."

If you're not smart enough to read the scientific literature, just admit it. It's okay, we already know you're full of shit (it doesn't fit the narrative of the lie you perpetuate by presenting yourself as some sort of expert critic of science and scientists. But no one really expects you to be honest anymore Drinking Beverage )

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-05-2016, 02:07 PM
(12-05-2016 02:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 01:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. With 10 examples.

I already did, you just have trouble paying attention.

Link me to it. I haven't the patience to wade thorough all your shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-05-2016, 02:09 PM
(12-05-2016 02:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I already did, you just have trouble paying attention.

Link me to it. I haven't the patience to wade thorough all your shit.

I don't have the patience to link shit that I've already linked to, for you.

12-05-2016, 02:09 PM
(12-05-2016 02:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

And what I delivered:

Was that an example of you "sciencing all the time" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-05-2016, 02:11 PM
(12-05-2016 02:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Ah yes, you're that delivery guy who brought me a cheesesteak and a 2-liter, when i asked for a pepperoni pizza and a side of fries, telling me that he delivered me exactly what I asked for. Apparently he can't tell the difference between a cheesesteak w/2-liter, and a pepperoni pizza w/side of fries.

Was that an example of you "sciencing all the time" ?

He learned the stratigraphy of the northern Appalachian Basin in record fucking time. Must be a goddamn genius [/sarcasmfont]

Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-05-2016, 02:38 PM
(12-05-2016 01:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not the one claiming the religion cures human biases. You're selling the scientific method as some magical elixir that cures human biases and prejudices.
Science is the best method of discovery that we have. It recognises human biases and prejudices and addresses them. It doesn't wave its hands and say I give up, it doesn't jump onto a podium and claim to be divinely guided and hence infallible. It doesn't require faith and belief.

What point is it that you are making?
You don't like the scientific method?
You don't think that the method includes measures to address human biases and prejudices?

What's your point?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
12-05-2016, 08:54 PM
(12-05-2016 02:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What point is it that you are making?
You don't like the scientific method?
You don't think that the method includes measures to address human biases and prejudices?

What's your point?

This is his point:

(11-05-2016 02:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not trolling, I'm demystifying, though I'm probably having more fun with it than I should be.

He's a troll, nothing more.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post