Do you Compartmentalize?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: Do you Compartmentalize?
(12-05-2016 08:54 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:38 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What point is it that you are making?
You don't like the scientific method?
You don't think that the method includes measures to address human biases and prejudices?

What's your point?

This is his point:

(11-05-2016 02:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not trolling, I'm demystifying, though I'm probably having more fun with it than I should be.

He's a troll, nothing more.

Attention whore. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-05-2016, 10:53 PM
(12-05-2016 10:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Attention whore. Thumbsup

Sir yes sir!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-05-2016, 08:52 AM
I have one thing which I suppose I've compartmentalized. The issue is using the word cunt. I know that to some people, the word cunt may be seen as the word faggot or the word nigger. I don't use the word faggot, because for one I know too many gay guys and transgender women, I also have attraction towards guys myself, I don't feel comfortable using that word because it offends me. I don't use the word nigger because I just think that's distasteful, unless you're with some people who really get your sense of humor.

I think John Cleese said it well. All humor is critical. I interpret that as humor being critical of certain aspects of life. So, if I wanted to say, make a joke that was jokingly critical of the black community, say called someone my nigga, or made a racist joke that I know is inappropriate with some people who get my facetiousness, then I am inclined to make that joke and be funny. Why not?

Now, with the word cunt, I just don't really see it as an issue. I can call a man a cunt, I can call a woman a cunt, there's really no deep underpinning of sexism in our society. People can also be called dicks or pricks. Womanhood isn't anything to be ashamed of, femininity isn't something to be ashamed of. I run a tumblr blog, I blog anything from effeminate pictures of guys, to abstract art, to pictures of war, burning churches, people on fire, strange philosophical quotes, it doesn't matter to me. I include everything, even religious pictures and nazis and the kkk. It's all part of human life, there is no lines, because reality has no lines.

So when I see people trying to tell me, hey you're not allowed to say that sort of word, I see that as a dogmatic point of view. Except for me, I suppose I compartmentalize a special exception for the word cunt, because that word to me I am more open to using in a derogatory way than I am faggot or nigger. Maybe there's some deeper cultural explanation for it, but for me I have no been able to come up with a reason why I can't use that word.
28-05-2016, 10:48 PM
(11-05-2016 04:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 05:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Totally false.
Science can be employed to perform useful tasks. But it doesn't have to be.
The entire world, (except Tommy) knows science can be divided between "pure" and "applied". As Nasa discovered, pure science comes up with many ideas that can be applied later.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/article-1G2-...plied.html

No science is funded, paid for, for the sake of doing useful shit for whoever is paying their bills, whether now or later. It's purely about utility. It's why when folks here speak about scientific progress, they're more likely to highlight technological advances.

ASSertions no evidence. The fact you are unaware of even the basics of science, is demonstrated by your drivel. What the fuck "useful shit" does looking for and finding the Higgs Boson get anyone ?. You have not a clue what you're on about.

What are you doing here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-05-2016, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2016 01:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"Compartmentalizing" is Thomas Jefferson owning slaves.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post