Do you beleive in the death penalty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Do you beleive in the death penalty?
My view on the death penalty keep changing. I have changed from pro-death penalty to anti-death penalty, and now am solidly at maybe for the most heinous violent crimes. I have a huge problem with the fallacies in our criminal justice system, and currently, my main objection to the death penalty is that it could be used on a wrongly convicted person. In cases where there is no doubt, I support it.

Just today, I saw a story of a 4 year old boy who was murdered by his mother's boyfriend. The man raped the child, and he bled to death from his injuries. The monster RAPED a 4 year old little boy to death! If there is no doubt as to his guilt, he needs to die. It might be morally wrong to kill him, but emotionally, I believe his life has far less value than the little boy he killed. I don't feel good about saying it, but I'd be fine with it if he was 'accidentally' release into the general population in jail and got raped to death by other inmates. The cognitive dissonance is strong for me here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Do you beleive in the death penalty?
I think it's too soft. Put 'em in solitary forever with an hour/day of sunlight and no hope of ever seeing more.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-03-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm against it soley because some people are wrongfully convicted.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 10 users Like Loom's post
30-03-2017, 05:28 PM
It should be an option, but should be used in only the most extreme cases, and the level of proof for it's use should be extremely high.

And it should be used only in open public, by hanging or firing squad.

The "nice", " clean" executions make it too easy to use them.

Killing someone, even the worst of the worst - should be serious business.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Aside from the ethical issues of executing people who could be innocent, there's also the money.
"The costs associated with death penalty trials that took place between 1983 and 2006 averaged about $1 million more per trial than the costs of average non–death penalty homicide trials. "
http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answ...nID=001000

And that additional money comes from taxpayers, at the cost of other services.

So, lock 'em up with no parole.

The flip side, oddly enough, is that many of the people who have had convictions reversed based on new DNA evidence only got cases looked at because they were facing execution.
[+] 4 users Like Rockblossom's post
30-03-2017, 05:40 PM
I am now against because our "justice system" is a poorly named charade.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
30-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Are there any countries that hand out death penalties, but only for outrageously terrible crimes for which there are unquestionable pieces of evidence of guilt?

I just know I screwed that sentence up.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-03-2017, 06:06 PM
(30-03-2017 04:55 PM)beeglez Wrote:  My view on the death penalty keep changing. I have changed from pro-death penalty to anti-death penalty, and now am solidly at maybe for the most heinous violent crimes. I have a huge problem with the fallacies in our criminal justice system, and currently, my main objection to the death penalty is that it could be used on a wrongly convicted person. In cases where there is no doubt, I support it.

Just today, I saw a story of a 4 year old boy who was murdered by his mother's boyfriend. The man raped the child, and he bled to death from his injuries. The monster RAPED a 4 year old little boy to death! If there is no doubt as to his guilt, he needs to die. It might be morally wrong to kill him, but emotionally, I believe his life has far less value than the little boy he killed. I don't feel good about saying it, but I'd be fine with it if he was 'accidentally' release into the general population in jail and got raped to death by other inmates. The cognitive dissonance is strong for me here.

> In the long run, it's cheaper and easier to throw a violent criminal in jail for life without chance of parole. Secondly, it is a known fact that innocent people have been convicted of murder and executed. A falsely convicted person cannot be exonerated and released if they are dead. Consider
[+] 6 users Like Gwaithmir's post
30-03-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm against the death penalty.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
30-03-2017, 07:12 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post