Do you beleive in the death penalty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: Do you beleive in the death penalty?
(02-04-2017 09:15 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 09:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Bundy was extradited from the Utah prison to Colorado for the trial. Serving as his own lawyer allowed him to appear in court without leg irons plus gave him an opportunity to move freely from the courtroom to the law library inside the courthouse.

In an interview, while in the role as his own attorney, Bundy said, "More than ever, I am convinced of my own innocence." In June 1977 during a pre-trial hearing he escaped by jumping out of the law library window. He was captured a week later.

And there you got your reason for him escaping. The authorities cutting him slack. After 1978, they weren't as lenient.

He was a convicted felon...you stated only that he was under investigation.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 10:47 AM
I think letting a killer escape through death is too mild a punishment. Leave him in jail for the rest of his life.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-04-2017, 10:52 AM
(02-04-2017 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  If it was your cousin, your best friend, your lover, your family member on death row, and you were pretty goddamn sure they didn't do it but couldn't prove it, would you still be OK with the death penalty? Tough shit for them right?

I might also ask ... If it was your cousin, your best friend, your lover, your family member on death row, and you were pretty goddamn sure they DID do it and COULD prove it, would you still be OK with the death penalty?

It kind of lays everything a bit more flatly to the table when talking about the emotional aspects of the situation. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-04-2017, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 03:53 AM by BackSlider.)
(02-04-2017 08:32 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  The death penalty is vile.

Well, so is killing your pregnant girlfriend cause you are having a bad day? Then later, standing over the officer who attempted to arrest you, coldly plugging an EXTRA 3-4 head shots execution style, just to be sure that biotch stays down for ever?

Oh and also to achieve your published Facebook goal of wanting to be make it on America's most wanted list!?

Vile?? Capital punishment is simply the final process for the actions that are associated with the crimes he perpetrated.

It does still take an unanimous jury of 12 people and an accommodating judge to sentence him so.
(is that number consistent in all states that have it, I don't know?)

But in this case referenced above, they have the parking lot video of this act of cold blooded execution.

IMO the video evidence alone makes all the trial process pointless and a senseless political circus for some of you guys to carry on about. Should be a done deal in two weeks or less.

One must consider at some point that the state of Fl. is where the potential maximum sentence can be death for that chit, and gee, that fact it is not confusing at all - to me, so don't do it.

You have to be odd to be #1.
02-04-2017, 11:36 AM
(02-04-2017 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But then I look at the fact that obviously the death penalty is not a deterrent to others who may do the same things.

These prolonged detentions for decades and a frothing media circus fueling the "we'll help save you" hype only empower guys like Markeith Loyd to want to roll the dice on the "game over fuc'r" conviction.

02-04-2017, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 11:44 AM by BackSlider.)
(02-04-2017 10:47 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  I think letting a killer escape through death is too mild a punishment. Leave him in jail for the rest of his life.
Then lobotomize and send him home so the public don't have to pay the bills.

Maybe by letting the AH live with that bloodless sentence could be judged not so "vile"?

02-04-2017, 11:40 AM
(02-04-2017 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  On one hand I tend to think that people like Ted Bundy should be put ... on an island somewhere where they have to provide everything they can for their own survival...that works for me. Keep them away from potential victims. If they lessen their own numbers then there are fewer to watch and house.

He could join Richie Ramirez, John Wayne Gacy, Zodiac killer, Dahlmer, Wurnos, and H.H. Holmes for dinner. He'd be the smartest one of the bunch (except for the Zodiac killer for obvious reasons).

[Image: devilnight_zpsto37itbi.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-04-2017, 11:41 AM
(02-04-2017 11:23 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Well gee Evie, so is killing your pregnant girlfriend cause you are having a bad day? Then later, standing over the officer who attempted to arrest you, coldly plugging an EXTRA 3-4 head shots execution style, just to be sure that biotch stays down for ever?

Yes that's vile too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
(02-04-2017 11:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  On one hand I tend to think that people like Ted Bundy should be put ... on an island somewhere where they have to provide everything they can for their own survival...that works for me. Keep them away from potential victims. If they lessen their own numbers then there are fewer to watch and house.

He could join Richie Ramirez, John Wayne Gacy, Zodiac killer, Dahlmer, Wurnos, and H.H. Holmes for dinner.

[Image: devilnight_zpsto37itbi.jpg]

Don't forget Ed Gein.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 01:36 PM
(02-04-2017 11:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't forget Ed Gein.

Whoa, this guy!
There is a movie I watched back in 1974ish about him.
I was living alone at the time, and man his sickness, just scared the bejeebers out of me knowing it was based on real events.

"Deranged" was the title.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071408/