Do you beleive in the death penalty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Do you beleive in the death penalty?
I think the best middle ground death pentaly sentance would be to perform a lobotomy and return the nice two year old mentality back to their family to care for.
Shutdown the capital offender by unplugging what makes him violent or whatever the offence that caused the sentance.
No?

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 08:49 PM by M. Linoge.)
Yes, very much so. In theory.

Like most beliefs/ideas it only looks good until you add people into the equation. Suddenly things that ought to be simple are made complicated, opportunistic assholes finds a way to exploit it and differences of opinions will at best grind the process to a halt.

I didn't want the guy who raped and killed my cousin to suffer half as much as I wanted him dead. The dead can't hurt anyone.
It's good that the wrongfully convicted can be released later; downside is the monsters get out on the same wagon.
I actually laughed when "my" guy got released on parole after a few years and snatched another kid within 24 hours. The situation was too sad and ridiculous to respond in any other way.
Given the quality of the system he's probably out now. Why wouldn't he be? He just rapes children so it's not really important whether he's in or out. Censored

I don't know the statistics but I'll lean towards the course of action with the least amount of innocent victims.
If more people die falsely accused, then I'm against it.
If more people die from repeat offenders, then I'm for it.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
30-03-2017, 07:57 PM
(30-03-2017 07:16 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I think the best middle ground death pentaly sentance would be to perform a lobotomy and return the nice two year old mentality back to their family to care for.
Shutdown the capital offender by unplugging what makes him violent or whatever the offence that caused the sentance.
No?

So how do you undo this when new evidence comes up that the person whose brain you just raped turned out to be falsely accused?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Within the context of modern society, I'm against it. And not because of some impossible to define concept of barbarism, but because the perceived negatives (cost, sociological repercussions, etc.) outweigh the perceived and often unproven benefits (victim closure, reduction in crime).

Ethically, I have no problem with it. Despite being against the death penalty, I do not feel bad when it happens to deserving people.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-03-2017, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 08:31 PM by Aractus.)
(30-03-2017 04:55 PM)beeglez Wrote:  My view on the death penalty keep changing. I have changed from pro-death penalty to anti-death penalty, and now am solidly at maybe for the most heinous violent crimes. I have a huge problem with the fallacies in our criminal justice system, and currently, my main objection to the death penalty is that it could be used on a wrongly convicted person. In cases where there is no doubt, I support it.

WTF is this serious? Only backward-thinking medievalist countries practise the death penalty, the civilised world doesn't. The question is no different to asking "do you support Sharia law?" It's old, primitive, and civilised society moved on decades ago. Plus, cases involving it usually represent a severely flawed or corrupt judicial system, such as was the case for example of Willie Francis who was clearly framed by the police, and then executed without pursuing his legal options to appeal his sentence or conviction.

Or George Stinney Jr, executed in 1944 following a one day trial, and he was just 14 years old. He was so young that he didn't even fit the electric chair when they executed him. In 2014 (70 years after his execution) he was exonerated.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Aractus's post
30-03-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm opposed to the death penalty. There's just too much danger of executing an innocent person.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
30-03-2017, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 09:36 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Should we kill people based on the findings of our justice system?

[Image: zxl58Pv.jpg?1]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-03-2017, 10:06 PM
No, simply due to the chance of an innocent person being put to death.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
31-03-2017, 01:11 AM
(30-03-2017 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think it's too soft. Put 'em in solitary forever with an hour/day of sunlight and no hope of ever seeing more.

I think this possibly qualifies as "torture". Thats why i am not yet decided on this topic. However i (still) think that a select few crimes/criminals warrant putting said person to death without further questions (like the guy in Austria who kept his daugher in a dungeon for decades and fathered seven chldren with her. I would have immediately ended his "suffering", without much wasting of time after a trial). It is also imho not desirable to keep people so long on death row after conviction. This also seems like unnecessary suffering to me.

I may sound a bit confused, and i admit i really am.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
31-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Sometimes I think that person x should be executed but it is momentary emotional reaction to particular crime. I'm opposed to death penalty as I don't trust my country justice system with such power, risk of killing innocent people is simply to high.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post