Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
RE: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?
I dont even think money should come into it when it comes to keeping prisoners........not gonna derail the thread with my politics but when they create money from literally nothing then I dont see how anybody can even say anything about cost.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I did on essay on that!! Got a level 6

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
(11-11-2011 09:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Your 3 is simply incorrect. Your average "criminal" is a "me first" type; ever read Green Mile? They all cry walking the walk - talk about the "evil in society," the people in the know feed off this stuff. It's just nasty all the way around. I was ramblin' in my last post on this topic; but there's simply nothing here to "believe in."

Capital Punishment is simply wrong.

I guess I just would like to think otherwise - that most people, even criminals, have some amount of empathy for others. Some get in there for emotional acts (get pissed, kill someone, but regret it when no longer pissed). One person I knew was a fairly nice guy, seemed to have empathy, etc, but later got a 15 year sentence when he pistol-whipped a guy his girlfriend was cheating on him with... (didn't know him extremely well, so I'm not sure - maybe he just 'faked' nice)

Better without God, and happier too.
14-11-2011, 07:59 PM
http://entertainment.time.com/2011/11/10...ews-widget

A link I stumbled over just now - from another link ragging on Nickelback - ain't a good day for the Canadian rockers. Tongue

Herzog, who believes CP to be barbaric, is seen as a "tragedy vampire." We call this: Lose/Lose.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2012, 05:53 AM
(01-09-2011 02:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  I honestly dont think passing a law that executes people will stop people doing those crimes. It is an illogical deterent........
I would like to disagree with you here, I think executing murderers and rapists will indeed stop people from doing those crimes. Dead people can not commit any more crimes. They are dead, and no longer a threat.
24-03-2012, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 07:08 AM by Logica Humano.)
I appose capital punishment. It is all about revenge, and very little about justice. I fail to see how killing a person, in any circumstance other than self-defense, can be justified.

(24-03-2012 05:53 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(01-09-2011 02:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  I honestly dont think passing a law that executes people will stop people doing those crimes. It is an illogical deterent........
I would like to disagree with you here, I think executing murderers and rapists will indeed stop people from doing those crimes. Dead people can not commit any more crimes. They are dead, and no longer a threat.

Capital punishment does not deter crime. The U.S has one of the highest crime rates out of any Westernized country, and it is one of the few with the death penalty still in play.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
24-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I am against capital punishment for one reason. Judges and juries make mistakes.

As far as freeing room for more prisoners, the numbers do not work out even for a state like Texas that has an express lane for people on death row and it doesn't free up enough room for them. It certainly doesn't save money with the cost of appeals.

We'll always need a place to put people that will not or cannot control their violent urges but hastening them to their graves should not be an option. Prisons should not be used for non-violent offenders.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-03-2012, 02:13 PM
(24-03-2012 08:03 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I am against capital punishment for one reason. Judges and juries make mistakes.

As far as freeing room for more prisoners, the numbers do not work out even for a state like Texas that has an express lane for people on death row and it doesn't free up enough room for them. It certainly doesn't save money with the cost of appeals.

We'll always need a place to put people that will not or cannot control their violent urges but hastening them to their graves should not be an option. Prisons should not be used for non-violent offenders.
Psychopaths should have a special place reserved for them, since they would get pleasure from killing inmates and guards in regular prisons. Since it is impossible to "rehabilitate" psychopaths, they should stay locked up. Capital punishment for them would be unjust, since they cannot help or fix their condition.

As for murders who are not Psychopathic/Sociopathic, they should be kept in normal prison.

No one should be killed.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
24-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't personally support capital punishment, when you look at the death penalty system in action, you realize that the only purpose it serves is retribution or revenge and that there is a serious and continuing risk of executing innocent people. And plus the death penalty is much more expensive than life in prison, mostly because of the upfront costs of legal process which is supposed to prevent executions of innocent people.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
24-03-2012, 04:32 PM
(24-03-2012 06:15 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Capital punishment does not deter crime. The U.S has one of the highest crime rates out of any Westernized country, and it is one of the few with the death penalty still in play.
Yes the U.S. 'has' Capital Punishment, but how often (besides texas) does it execute them? And execution is a great way to deter crime, as I said before, dead people can't commit more crimes! Thus you execute people who have committed a serious offense and Voila! No more recidivism! Big Grin