Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2012, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 05:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?
It's FAR cheaper to lock them up, and throw away the key. All the appeals and wasted court time costs a LOT.
Let em suffer, and regret what they did, for a LONG time. Why let them off ? They can't suffer, if they're dead.

Capital punishment is about revenge. Justice is not about revenge.

The strange American saying "getting justice for bla bla bla", is VERY odd. It's really a euphemism for : "getting revenge for ME".

The assumption that it is ever possible to "bring about a state of justice" in response to a heinous act, IS very questionable, (maybe even religious/salvation based ??). You can TRY, but it's really not possible. What exactly IS a "state of justice". Nothing will bring back murder victims.

And YES, there ARE people who have NO empathy, and who will never have it, and (maybe), cannot have any.
http://www.npr.org/2011/09/30/140954023/...in-cruelty

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2012, 05:06 PM
(24-03-2012 04:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's FAR cheaper to lock them up, and throw away the key. All the appeals and wasted court time costs a LOT.

Let em suffer, and regret what they did, for a LONG time. Why let them off ? They can't suffer, if they are dead.

The strange American saying "getting justice for bla bla bla", is VERY odd.

The assumption that it is ever possible to "bring about a state of justice" in response to a heinous act, IS very questionable, (maybe even religious/salvation based). You can TRY, but it's really not possible. What exactly IS a "state of justice". Nothing will bring back murder victims.

And YES, there ARE people who have NO empathy, and who will never have it, and (maybe), cannot have any.

It is cheaper just to lock them up, and it's a lot more expensive to execute them. THANKS FOR NOTHING EISENHOWER! After World War II the state of justice went downhill quicker than diarrhea comes out of a fat man's ass. Not just in the U.S. but in Europe to. You know how much it used to cost to execute someone in the old days? A rope, and not even that if you were using a guillotine. You talk about how revenge is bad and yet you want them to suffer for the rest of their lives? I don't want revenge, I want them dead. I want them never to even have the slightest possible chance of ever hurting someone again.
24-03-2012, 05:14 PM
(24-03-2012 05:06 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 04:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's FAR cheaper to lock them up, and throw away the key. All the appeals and wasted court time costs a LOT.

Let em suffer, and regret what they did, for a LONG time. Why let them off ? They can't suffer, if they are dead.

The assumption that it is ever possible to "bring about a state of justice" in response to a heinous act, IS very questionable, (maybe even religious/salvation based). You can TRY, but it's really not possible. What exactly IS a "state of justice". Nothing will bring back murder victims.

It is cheaper just to lock them up, and it's a lot more expensive to execute them. THANKS FOR NOTHING EISENHOWER! After World War II the state of justice went downhill quicker than diarrhea comes out of a fat man's ass. Not just in the U.S. but in Europe to. You know how much it used to cost to execute someone in the old days? A rope, and not even that if you were using a guillotine. You talk about how revenge is bad and yet you want them to suffer for the rest of their lives? I don't want revenge, I want them dead. I want them never to even have the slightest possible chance of ever hurting someone again.
I am quite sure that if you put them in a prison with a life sentence (multiple or not), they will never hurt anyone again.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
24-03-2012, 05:18 PM
(24-03-2012 05:06 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  

No dear. I was talking about a philosophical "state of justice", (for the victim). What does "how much it used to cost" have to do with anything ? The cheapest way to make sure they never hurt anyone, is to put them in a maximum security prison, and forget them. I never said "revenge is bad". YOU read that in. I have no opinion on "revenge". I "hear" revenge in "we have to get justice for ..." I simply observed that if they WANT them to suffer, that would be more effectively done by locking them up. It's a CIA plot anyway.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2012, 05:48 PM
(24-03-2012 05:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No dear. I was talking about a philosophical "state of justice", (for the victim). What does "how much it used to cost" have to do with anything ? The cheapest way to make sure they never hurt anyone, is to put them in a maximum security prison, and forget them. I never said "revenge is bad". YOU read that in. I have no opinion on "revenge". I "hear" revenge in "we have to get justice for ..." I simply observed that if they WANT them to suffer, that would be more effectively done by locking them up. It's a CIA plot anyway.
The cheapest way to make sure they never hurt anyone again is to fix the judicial system and start executing them, all of them. And putting them in prisons does not guarantee that they won't hurt anyone else as you people seem to think. You're forgetting about other inmates, the guards, and the chance of them escaping.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
25-03-2012, 04:01 AM
(24-03-2012 05:48 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 05:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No dear. I was talking about a philosophical "state of justice", (for the victim). What does "how much it used to cost" have to do with anything ? The cheapest way to make sure they never hurt anyone, is to put them in a maximum security prison, and forget them. I never said "revenge is bad". YOU read that in. I have no opinion on "revenge". I "hear" revenge in "we have to get justice for ..." I simply observed that if they WANT them to suffer, that would be more effectively done by locking them up. It's a CIA plot anyway.
The cheapest way to make sure they never hurt anyone again is to fix the judicial system and start executing them, all of them. And putting them in prisons does not guarantee that they won't hurt anyone else as you people seem to think. You're forgetting about other inmates, the guards, and the chance of them escaping.
We have already covered the possibility of inmates killing inmates.

Chance of escaping? Prison riot much?

I don't see what the problem is. You would love to see them die, but yet you concern about their safety in jail.

Poonjab
25-03-2012, 07:18 AM
(25-03-2012 04:01 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  We have already covered the possibility of inmates killing inmates.

Chance of escaping? Prison riot much?

I don't see what the problem is. You would love to see them die, but yet you concern about their safety in jail.
I'm worried about the safety of other inmates and the guards, not the murderers or the rapists themselves. Failure to account for these things just because they don't apply to your personal safety is a huge mistake. Lets say one inmate did escape, and this inmate happened to be a murdering psychopath, and he was last see in your area. You don't give a damn about the safety of others, but when your own safety is put at risk... then people like you care.
25-03-2012, 11:21 AM
More Evangelical Christians support torture and the death penalty than any other religion. So logically, they are not actual Christians.

Me personally, I'm against capital punishment. If you are going to kill someone for doing something to you, or anyone else, that is not an act of justice, but rather one of vengeance. I can understand why some people support it for certain people. But before any criminal is executed, you must first admit that it is OK to kill another human being. There is no reason why it is fine for you to kill someone just because you have the law on your side. Lead by example, not by hypocrisy.

I'll refer to Penn and Teller: Bullshit episode on the death penalty if you want my opinion (I'm agreeing with them).
25-03-2012, 12:50 PM
(25-03-2012 11:21 AM)Scott D Wrote:  More Evangelical Christians support torture and the death penalty than any other religion. So logically, they are not actual Christians.

Me personally, I'm against capital punishment. If you are going to kill someone for doing something to you, or anyone else, that is not an act of justice, but rather one of vengeance. I can understand why some people support it for certain people. But before any criminal is executed, you must first admit that it is OK to kill another human being. There is no reason why it is fine for you to kill someone just because you have the law on your side. Lead by example, not by hypocrisy.

I'll refer to Penn and Teller: Bullshit episode on the death penalty if you want my opinion (I'm agreeing with them).
Alright, say you're killing them so they don't commit the crime again is it alright then? You don't want them committing the same crime twice or three times do you? You don't care? Well what if it's you they kill or rape? Or your family? Would you want them dead before that happens? And sure you can say (well just keep them in prison for the rest of their lives) but you know what? That's the exact same thing as executing them it's just saying you don't have the balls to actually condemn them.
25-03-2012, 01:08 PM
(25-03-2012 12:50 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 11:21 AM)Scott D Wrote:  More Evangelical Christians support torture and the death penalty than any other religion. So logically, they are not actual Christians.

Alright, say you're killing them so they don't commit the crime again is it alright then? You don't want them committing the same crime twice or three times do you? You don't care? Well what if it's you they kill or rape? Or your family? Would you want them dead before that happens? And sure you can say (well just keep them in prison for the rest of their lives) but you know what? That's the exact same thing as executing them it's just saying you don't have the balls to actually condemn them.
On average, 1,500 prisoners escape a year in the U.S. To give you the small and minuscule number of people that actually escape from prison, there 2.5 million people (25% of the world's prison population) in the U.S.

No, it is not okay to kill a prisoner. There are peaceful ways of dealing with it, even if it happened to me or my family.

Poonjab