Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2012, 01:16 PM
RE: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?
I have to agree with Logicas last post.

I dont feel that killing somebody actually makes the situation any better..... it doesnt bring back your loved ones nor does it undo the past crime.

When something traumatic happens we all go through different stages as time goes by...... If one of my family were to be murdered then I imagine I would go through shock, grief, anger and a multitude of differing emotions. As soon as the person would be caught then I imagine as I go through my anger stage I would want them destroyed and I would want them to pay for what they have done. Later on down the line...... maybe years later my feelings may change and I may find myself being able to forgive that person and to begin to bring some closure to the situation.

This is a broad summary though and of course will depend on many things to be taken into consideration like the persons background, the events leading up to the crime, what actually happened, if the person shows true remorse for the crime etc etc etc

I think execution should be down to the prisoner to choose if they are given a life sentence..... if they themselves wish to choose not to work in the glorified profitable "workshops" that the american prison system has become then let them decide to euthanise themselves in a completly and utterly painless way.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 02:55 PM
(25-03-2012 01:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  When something traumatic happens we all go through different stages as time goes by...... If one of my family were to be murdered then I imagine I would go through shock, grief, anger and a multitude of differing emotions. As soon as the person would be caught then I imagine as I go through my anger stage I would want them destroyed and I would want them to pay for what they have done.
Oh yeah? What if that person was already a convicted murderer who escaped prison? Or better yet! One who was 'rehabilitated'!
25-03-2012, 04:13 PM
(25-03-2012 02:55 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Oh yeah? What if that person was already a convicted murderer who escaped prison? Or better yet! One who was 'rehabilitated'!
Well there is not a lot I can do about it is there really. If they escape then they escape.

If the authorities feel that they are rehabilitated and they re-offend then of course they should be locked away for good this time. I feel that people do deserve a second chance at life and if they blow it then they blow it.

Its different for people in america compared to over here in the UK. Over in america when you get sentenced to life then that means life......over here in the UK it normally means a sentence of 14 years and people over here in the prison service normally serve half there sentence and then they can apply for parole.

What happens if you suffer from anger blackouts and something happened in your life that was completley out of your control and through no fault of your own you blacked out and killed somebody.

Would you not deserve a second chance or would you willingly put your head on the block????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-03-2012, 04:21 PM
(01-09-2011 01:10 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  What is the purpose? Vengeance, deterrent? safety of society (from the condemned)?
If I were the government the purpose of executions would be public safety as well as saving money.
Rather than let a crim back into society to see if they are rehabilitated, I would err on caution on the side of society.
Rather than spend a fortune on keeping them in prison for decades, I would execute them. That money is better off being spent on society.
25-03-2012, 04:48 PM
(25-03-2012 04:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well there is not a lot I can do about it is there really. If they escape then they escape.

If the authorities feel that they are rehabilitated and they re-offend then of course they should be locked away for good this time. I feel that people do deserve a second chance at life and if they blow it then they blow it.

Its different for people in america compared to over here in the UK. Over in america when you get sentenced to life then that means life......over here in the UK it normally means a sentence of 14 years and people over here in the prison service normally serve half there sentence and then they can apply for parole.

What happens if you suffer from anger blackouts and something happened in your life that was completley out of your control and through no fault of your own you blacked out and killed somebody.

Would you not deserve a second chance or would you willingly put your head on the block????
If I blacked out and lost control and I murdered somebody I would willingly put my head on the block, hell give me the axe and I'll chop it off myself. You live in the UK, ok then, that explains a lot. Sorry I intruded. It's illegal to execute people in the UK, many people try to reconcile it with the government knows what's best.
25-03-2012, 05:56 PM
(25-03-2012 04:48 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 04:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well there is not a lot I can do about it is there really. If they escape then they escape.

If I blacked out and lost control and I murdered somebody I would willingly put my head on the block, hell give me the axe and I'll chop it off myself. You live in the UK, ok then, that explains a lot. Sorry I intruded. It's illegal to execute people in the UK, many people try to reconcile it with the government knows what's best.
Well seeing as its only hypothetical I suppose your answer is valiant to some degree..... although if you kill someone through no fault of your own and you wish to accept death.....then I suppose thats up to you.

Hmmmmmmm I dont see how me living in the UK explains anything really. We may have different laws over here compared to yours but we still have violent crimes, murder, rapes etc etc.

The only crime punishable by death over here is treason.

Also the goverment dont know whats best (unless I imagine you were being sarcastic with that comment) caus if they did we wouldnt have poverty.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-03-2012, 06:10 PM
(25-03-2012 05:56 PM)bemore Wrote:  Hmmmmmmm I dont see how me living in the UK explains anything really. We may have different laws over here compared to yours but we still have violent crimes, murder, rapes etc etc.

The only crime punishable by death over here is treason.
Oh bloody hell, of course the only crime punishable by death would be treason, government can't stand safety when it comes to others but when it comes to their own asses by golly they better have something to deal with those treasonous people who don't see eye to eye with the way they run things!

In the EU it has become common practice to teach faulty ethics such as 'it's immoral to execute murderers and rapists because they're human!' and 'if we execute them we're no better than they are!' I have never seen such shitty philosophy in all my life and for 2 years I combated it philosophically to the point where the only answers I got were 'it's wrong!' and 'but they're human!' and those are not answers, those are excuses. So eventually I figured out that my philosophy wasn't bad, just that I was debating people who in fact were indoctrinated with this belief because the debate itself was just like debating a religious person. They saw no reason except what they had grown up with.

Another argument I got was 'it's uncivil' but if we're going to go there Japan is one of the most advanced countries in the world and it still executes people.

So that's why I say 'oh ok you're from Europe' because it really does explain everything to me. I spent 2 years fighting that dumb philosophy comparing that to only a few weeks debating whether or not 9/11 was an inside job or if the holocaust was a hoax. However, it's hard to re-evaluate ones moral code, I tried it and I succeeded though the effects were still the same, even when I pitied murderers and rapists my conclusion was that if you truly pity them, you'll end the miserable life of the wretch they've become.
26-03-2012, 02:23 AM
With respect you are sterotyping me........ im not a sheep and im fully aware of the powers of the EU and how 5/6 laws are now passed in my country through them by unelected members of the European Parliment (unelected as in by the people/citizens they rule)

I got my views through growing up, when my parents died I went off the rails and did some very nasty things for about 4 years.... things im not proud of and If I allow them will haunt me. There was a valid reason for me doing what I did and that was I wasnt in the correct frame of mind and I got with a group of the wrongest people you could imagine as I was trying to replace the kinship I had lost. However over time I realised the error of my ways and I am now a very good person........ I allways was a good person deep down its just that circumstance had dealt me a crushing blow that took time to recover from.

No punishement would be as bad as how I feel for what I did......... and if I had been executed all of the people I have helped since could possibly still be where they are now.

Executing people also robs the family of a loved one, a father, a mother, a brother and a sister. What did they do to deserve it???

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-03-2012, 03:17 AM
(26-03-2012 02:23 AM)bemore Wrote:  With respect you are sterotyping me........ im not a sheep and im fully aware of the powers of the EU and how 5/6 laws are now passed in my country through them by unelected members of the European Parliment (unelected as in by the people/citizens they rule)

I got my views through growing up, when my parents died I went off the rails and did some very nasty things for about 4 years.... things im not proud of and If I allow them will haunt me. There was a valid reason for me doing what I did and that was I wasnt in the correct frame of mind and I got with a group of the wrongest people you could imagine as I was trying to replace the kinship I had lost. However over time I realised the error of my ways and I am now a very good person........ I allways was a good person deep down its just that circumstance had dealt me a crushing blow that took time to recover from.

No punishement would be as bad as how I feel for what I did......... and if I had been executed all of the people I have helped since could possibly still be where they are now.

Executing people also robs the family of a loved one, a father, a mother, a brother and a sister. What did they do to deserve it???
If you raped someone you should probably just kill yourself, as for your mistakes, you committed them. Stop trying to place it on the death of your parents, or not being in the right state of mind. That doesn't change the fact that YOU made those mistakes. I care little about 'robbing' people of their loved ones. They didn't do anything to lose a family member, maybe that person who committed those crimes should've thought about the consequences before hand? Because he obviously didn't care about his family. People make excuses to make up for things they did, you want to know how I make up for things I did? By not doing them in the first place.
26-03-2012, 07:05 AM
(26-03-2012 03:17 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 02:23 AM)bemore Wrote:  With respect you are sterotyping me........ im not a sheep and im fully aware of the powers of the EU and how 5/6 laws are now passed in my country through them by unelected members of the European Parliment (unelected as in by the people/citizens they rule)

If you raped someone you should probably just kill yourself, as for your mistakes, you committed them. Stop trying to place it on the death of your parents, or not being in the right state of mind. That doesn't change the fact that YOU made those mistakes. I care little about 'robbing' people of their loved ones. They didn't do anything to lose a family member, maybe that person who committed those crimes should've thought about the consequences before hand? Because he obviously didn't care about his family. People make excuses to make up for things they did, you want to know how I make up for things I did? By not doing them in the first place.
If your trying to get a reaction from me it wont work Laughat

If my parents hadnt of died then I wouldnt of been put in the position I was....... So there death did have something to do with it and when your 15 and totally alone and having to grow up sharpish to survive and get put into circumstances that you dont want to be in you have to face some very tough decisions. Im not making excuses up but there is allways a contributing factor to why things happen.

Do I want to know how you make up for things you did??? By not doing them???

So you have never made any mistakes whatsoever in your life...... you have absoloutley no regrets...... you have never said a harsh word to a loved one....... you have never lashed out in anger????

With regards to siblings...... lets say you had the best father/mother/brother/sister in the world and they got into a fight sticking up for an old person getting robbed or something. They punch the attacker and kill them..... obv not wanting to kill them.

By your reckoning you would stand by and support them getting executed........ come on dude, your making it all out to be so simple, so "cut and shut" when this is not the case for this massive topic whatsoever.

Use some empathy.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.