Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?
(26-03-2012 06:57 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 09:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The principle is not for you to have empathy for the murderers and rapists. The inevitable question is "when is it ever right to kill a person."
Right now? Death is just a natural phenomenon. When people become a danger to society it's necessary to get rid of them. People die every day, you should get used to that fact. Drinking Beverage
Yes, and people die of natural ways. Nature is amoral. There is no such thing as morality when it comes to a bacterial or viral sickness, for example.

It is necessary to get rid of disruptive people in society; and that can be done in a peaceful way, such as locking them in prison. Killing them, as I have said, is not necessary and is not moral.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I think there is a certain element of criminal society that through no fault of society are just "bad", that no amount of help or rehabilitation will be able to help them..... they were just born this way. So to dicriminate against an element of humanity because they were born with hereditary mental problems or just have a few wires loose and to kill them would be like just killing somebody because of there skin colour....... its something you just cant help like me being born with brownish eyes is not my fault.

For those who are born and are "normal" just like the rest of us circumstance and enviroment obviously have a lot to do with how people turn out. I believe that you will either see these bad situations as "normal" everyday life and you will repeat them....because it is all you know.....OR..... you will decide to go against your upbringing and try to make a better life for yourself.

So as long as there is poverty.......as long as there is illegal drugs....... society will just keep on churning out these kind of people (apart from the small section of people born "bad" I mentioned) so killing them to me is totally fucking unjustified....... and yes people may say "but there is ample oppurtunity for these people to better themselves" yes there is.....but that is going against everything you may know and would be like me saying to you "lets fucking do a robbery and if anybody gets in our way we shoot them/kill the witnesses"

You just wouldnt do it would you...... unless you were in extreme dire-straits.

So society is the disease...... and as long as they keep prescribing painkillers (execution) instead of antibiotics (extreme societal changes) humanity will forever be plaqued.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-03-2012, 12:00 PM
(27-03-2012 10:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think there is a certain element of criminal society that through no fault of society are just "bad", that no amount of help or rehabilitation will be able to help them..... they were just born this way. So to dicriminate against an element of humanity because they were born with hereditary mental problems or just have a few wires loose and to kill them would be like just killing somebody because of there skin colour....... its something you just cant help like me being born with brownish eyes is not my fault.

For those who are born and are "normal" just like the rest of us circumstance and enviroment obviously have a lot to do with how people turn out. I believe that you will either see these bad situations as "normal" everyday life and you will repeat them....because it is all you know.....OR..... you will decide to go against your upbringing and try to make a better life for yourself.

So as long as there is poverty.......as long as there is illegal drugs....... society will just keep on churning out these kind of people (apart from the small section of people born "bad" I mentioned) so killing them to me is totally fucking unjustified....... and yes people may say "but there is ample oppurtunity for these people to better themselves" yes there is.....but that is going against everything you may know and would be like me saying to you "lets fucking do a robbery and if anybody gets in our way we shoot them/kill the witnesses"

You just wouldnt do it would you...... unless you were in extreme dire-straits.

So society is the disease...... and as long as they keep prescribing painkillers (execution) instead of antibiotics (extreme societal changes) humanity will forever be plaqued.
I can partially agree with you, though I do not think certain drugs should be legalized.

27-03-2012, 12:17 PM
(27-03-2012 12:00 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I can partially agree with you, though I do not think certain drugs should be legalized.
Thats cool.

The reason why I think drugs should be legalised is because of the black market and the criminal element. It is a contributing factor and no matter how much you make it illegal people will allways take them. So I think they should regulate it and legalise it and if we lived in a decent society that wasnt run by physchopaths then the money produced through the taxing of them will...

A: Pay for the whole process and then some......
B: Remove production and distribution out of the hands of criminals and ensure safe clean doses are "prescribed".

Beer is legal..... although I suppose this particular subject is for another thread. Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-03-2012, 12:53 PM
(27-03-2012 12:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:00 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I can partially agree with you, though I do not think certain drugs should be legalized.
Thats cool.

The reason why I think drugs should be legalised is because of the black market and the criminal element. It is a contributing factor and no matter how much you make it illegal people will allways take them. So I think they should regulate it and legalise it and if we lived in a decent society that wasnt run by physchopaths then the money produced through the taxing of them will...

A: Pay for the whole process and then some......
B: Remove production and distribution out of the hands of criminals and ensure safe clean doses are "prescribed".

Beer is legal..... although I suppose this particular subject is for another thread. Consider
The country is not run by psychopaths. The country is run by sociopaths, uneducated rich people (the 1%), and the religious right.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-03-2012, 01:23 PM
(27-03-2012 12:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  uneducated rich people (the 1%)

You know you really are no different than Republicans who call liberals entitlement junkies. Your personality is such that had you turned out Republican you would be the 'Obozo' kind of Repulbican. A foxnews.com post whore.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 01:37 PM
(27-03-2012 01:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  uneducated rich people (the 1%)

You know you really are no different than Republicans who call liberals entitlement junkies. Your personality is such that had you turned out Republican you would be the 'Obozo' kind of Repulbican. A foxnews.com post whore.
You are a militant Ron Paul supporter. You are the only one prancing around on the forum who actually supports any GOP candidate, you get defensive whenever anybody criticizes Ron Paul or his policies, and you cite foxnews.com for almost every one of your posts (even the one about the new Mercedes release).

I have never cited Fox News as a source, I despise both Republicans and Democrats equally, and I hate the two-party system. I feel that every presidential candidate is incompetent (some more than others). Ron Paul is my second choice, before Obama, but that is not saying much. None of them are what the country needs.

27-03-2012, 01:51 PM
(27-03-2012 01:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 01:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You know you really are no different than Republicans who call liberals entitlement junkies. Your personality is such that had you turned out Republican you would be the 'Obozo' kind of Repulbican. A foxnews.com post whore.

You are a militant Ron Paul supporter. You are the only one prancing around on the forum who actually supports any GOP candidate, you get defensive whenever anybody criticizes Ron Paul or his policies, and you cite foxnews.com for almost every one of your posts (even the one about the new Mercedes release).

I have never cited Fox News as a source, I despise both Republicans and Democrats equally, and I hate the two-party system. I feel that every presidential candidate is incompetent (some more than others). Ron Paul is my second choice, before Obama, but that is not saying much. None of them are what the country needs.

No I am not militant. If you hadn't jumped right into the forum and bashed my choice of candidate (which is basically bashing my intelligence) we might have gotten off on a better foot. And so what if I support a GOP candidate? Am I supposed to automatically vote for someone because this is an atheist forum? I explained the fox thing in the SCOTUS thread. I wouldn't use it for the auto secton if I could get to car and driver or motor trend from this computer.

And if you feel that strongly about the candidates running then perhaps you should run for office. Don't bitch about the 2 party system and claim intellectual superiority over all the candidates, then sit back on your couch or at your desk and not do anything about it. You just seem to want to argue with people's decisions rather than discuss them and make rational points.

As for the OP. I'm surprised that this is up for debate still. I see a lot of reasons for or against capital punishment but the only one that really matters is that as long as we live with a judicial system that puts innocent people in jail there should be no death penalty. How can anyone make a case for the death penalty knowing that innocent people have likely been killed by it?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 07:22 AM
(27-03-2012 01:51 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 01:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You are a militant Ron Paul supporter. You are the only one prancing around on the forum who actually supports any GOP candidate, you get defensive whenever anybody criticizes Ron Paul or his policies, and you cite foxnews.com for almost every one of your posts (even the one about the new Mercedes release).

No I am not militant. If you hadn't jumped right into the forum and bashed my choice of candidate (which is basically bashing my intelligence) we might have gotten off on a better foot. And so what if I support a GOP candidate? Am I supposed to automatically vote for someone because this is an atheist forum? I explained the fox thing in the SCOTUS thread. I wouldn't use it for the auto secton if I could get to car and driver or motor trend from this computer.

And if you feel that strongly about the candidates running then perhaps you should run for office. Don't bitch about the 2 party system and claim intellectual superiority over all the candidates, then sit back on your couch or at your desk and not do anything about it. You just seem to want to argue with people's decisions rather than discuss them and make rational points.

As for the OP. I'm surprised that this is up for debate still. I see a lot of reasons for or against capital punishment but the only one that really matters is that as long as we live with a judicial system that puts innocent people in jail there should be no death penalty. How can anyone make a case for the death penalty knowing that innocent people have likely been killed by it?
If you feel that I am insulting your intelligence because I "bashed" your pick for presidential candidate, you are a Paulbot.

That would be fine and dandy, but some people are not old enough to run, some people have no interest in devoting their lives to a game of illegality and corruption, and others still have not claimed they are more intelligent than all the candidates. I fall under all these categories. Saying that I have no right to criticize their position simply because I am not a politician is like saying you have no right to criticize creationists because you are not a creationist. In other words, get over it. If someone "jumps in and bashes" your presidential pick, then maybe there is a point to be made.

28-03-2012, 08:56 AM
(28-03-2012 07:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 01:51 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No I am not militant. If you hadn't jumped right into the forum and bashed my choice of candidate (which is basically bashing my intelligence) we might have gotten off on a better foot. And so what if I support a GOP candidate? Am I supposed to automatically vote for someone because this is an atheist forum? I explained the fox thing in the SCOTUS thread. I wouldn't use it for the auto secton if I could get to car and driver or motor trend from this computer.

If you feel that I am insulting your intelligence because I "bashed" your pick for presidential candidate, you are a Paulbot.

That would be fine and dandy, but some people are not old enough to run, some people have no interest in devoting their lives to a game of illegality and corruption, and others still have not claimed they are more intelligent than all the candidates. I fall under all these categories. Saying that I have no right to criticize their position simply because I am not a politician is like saying you have no right to criticize creationists because you are not a creationist. In other words, get over it. If someone "jumps in and bashes" your presidential pick, then maybe there is a point to be made.

Or maybe you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you're a partisan hack that uses terms like Paulbot or Obozo.

-Mark Twain