Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-02-2010, 04:12 PM

RE: Do you believe in God?
You think it was started by a bot? So the question's all coincidence? Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2010, 05:40 AM

I have been an atheist for 35 years. I've read most of the major and minor religious texts produced (Bible, Qu'ran, Bhagavad Gita, Dammapada, Upanishads, Annalects of Confucious, Gnostic Gospels, Jewish Pseudepigrapha, Christian Apocypha, Kabbala, Manichaeistic Texts, Zoroastrian Scriptures) and have found wisdom and guidance from them all. That being said I have also found horrible death, destruction, self rightousness, dogma, rascism, misogony, any number of ills. All in all a very mixed bag. I tried to remain open to them all, immortality was something I didn't want to miss out on if it was out there. In the end it became abundantly clear to me that they were all fundamentally flawed in that they required abandonment of personal responsibility on some level in favor of subjagation of free will to an ultimately unknowable invisible being. Confirmed in my atheism I feel free and try to communicate the joy that engenders to my theist friends and associates.
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2010, 12:02 PM
"I would rather be a rising ape than a fallen angel."
- Terry Pratchett

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2010, 03:53 PM
No evidence, no faith, no belief, no god.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply