Do you believe in ghosts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: Do you believe in ghosts?
(26-02-2017 12:07 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  No.

Did see some weird shit when I did acid in college though.

All that stuff was real. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2017, 01:03 AM
I guess most religious people would believe in ghosts? It requires less assumptions than they are already making.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2017, 04:16 PM
(28-02-2017 01:03 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I guess most religious people would believe in ghosts? It requires less assumptions than they are already making.

I've never understood how Christians in general can believe in the concept of ghosts. It kinda conflicts with their belief in Heaven (or Hell) a bit.
28-02-2017, 08:06 PM
(25-02-2017 09:04 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  If you do why do you? If you don't why don't you?

(25-02-2017 11:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yes and no.

They are mathematically possible but physically impossible.

I suppose electromagnetic phenomena might in some way explain ghostly apparitions.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
01-03-2017, 05:33 AM
I don't personally believe in ghosts, it is incompatible with being the type of atheist that does not believe in post mortem survival of human consciousness. I do believe that things happen which are unexplained and not understood but that doesn't mean they are supernatural. Personally I would like to see more proper scientific investigation done to find the real cause of unexplainable phenomena as it could help with the fight against so called psychics and mediums, they are my pet peeve.
When the opportunity for these grief vultures to cheat is removed, 100% of psychics fail 100% of the time.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-03-2017, 06:00 AM
Most of the time though, the "unexplained" is in the form of an anecdote, or at best a weird looking photo or video.

Like my father-in-law keeps telling me about this soldier he saw, who disappeared. So in his mind, it was a ghost. How am I meant to explain that, when I can't even investigate it at all? For all I know, he imagined the whole thing.

It's almost always an argument from ignorance, that's the problem. People jumping to conclusions. Some people won't accept it when I say, "I don't know what happened there". They badger me constantly until I produce an actual hypothesis.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
01-03-2017, 06:32 AM
(01-03-2017 06:00 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Most of the time though, the "unexplained" is in the form of an anecdote, or at best a weird looking photo or video.

Like my father-in-law keeps telling me about this soldier he saw, who disappeared. So in his mind, it was a ghost. How am I meant to explain that, when I can't even investigate it at all? For all I know, he imagined the whole thing.

It's almost always an argument from ignorance, that's the problem. People jumping to conclusions. Some people won't accept it when I say, "I don't know what happened there". They badger me constantly until I produce an actual hypothesis.

Very true Rob, and EVP's too, they're a crock of shit, also so called orbs in photos and video dust insects etc that's all they are.
01-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Do you believe in ghosts?
Of course they exist. Haven't you seen ghostbusters and Casper. I'm convinced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Goosesniper's post
01-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Nope, don't believe in them.

But I did as a kid, and I was terrified of them because of that show, Unsolved Mysteries. That damn show had me terrified of ghosts, poltergeists, and aliens. But I couldn't stop watching it. Ugh.

So now, I just have nightmares about them. The other night I had a string of connected nightmares in which I was trying to help a ghost solve the mystery of her murderer. It was creepy shit.

So I still sometimes get that lingering fear in the back of my head when I'm alone and it's dark. But it's not a logic-based fear. It's a fear that was placed in me as a child, and that doesn't come undone very easily.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
01-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Just the ghost of Elvis. It seems to haunt the Vegas strip.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post