Do you care about last generation of humans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 12:30 PM by TreeSapNest.)
RE: Do you care about last generation of humans?
Ooooh ya, I want cheese with MY pretzels too. Mmmmm.

Edit: Had to edit. Forgot to add random bolding and UPPER case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TreeSapNest's post
24-10-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll see your Fermi principal and raise you an anthropic principal.

I tend to agree that we will eventually leave this planet. We will evolve into something that could not breed with modern humans, thus becoming a new species. And evolution will continue indefinitely until final extinction before the death of the universe trillions of years from now.

Do I care? I think it's sad, but as dr who told us, all things have a time and everything dies.
24-10-2014, 12:43 PM
(24-10-2014 11:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:13 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Lol, humanity will be extinct before this millennium will end. Technologically advanced civilizations don't last long.

[Citation required]
  • The Matrix Reloaded
  • Mad Max
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Time Machine
  • Water World
These are all very compelling sources.
[+] 10 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-10-2014, 01:12 PM
(24-10-2014 11:13 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:03 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Well, I think that by the time the sun explodes we'll probably have moved on and started colonizing other planets, and once that happens it'll be pretty tough to wipe us out. Honestly, I don't really see our species actually ending at any point.
Lol, humanity will be extinct before this millennium will end. Technologically advanced civilizations don't last long.

Oh man, I just had a moment of clarity. I've misunderstood those societies that are run by fundamental muslims that are trying to outlaw progressive technology and thought. I've always thought they are just backward ignorant pea brained insecure assholes trying to maintain power for themselves through a literal reading of a thousand year old book about a pedophile but instead they are trying to save our society from destruction.

Anyone else see what I do?

Bueller? Bueller?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
24-10-2014, 01:22 PM
(24-10-2014 01:12 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:13 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Lol, humanity will be extinct before this millennium will end. Technologically advanced civilizations don't last long.

Oh man, I just had a moment of clarity. I've misunderstood those societies that are run by fundamental muslims that are trying to outlaw progressive technology and thought. I've always thought they are just backward ignorant pea brained insecure assholes trying to maintain power for themselves through a literal reading of a thousand year old book about a pedophile but instead they are trying to save our society from destruction.

Anyone else see what I do?

Bueller? Bueller?

Lie down before you hurt yourself. I imagine thinking that twisted is gonna make you dizzy. If you wanna do some diamaniac thinking, you've got to take it slow. That's just too much for you presently logical brain to handle.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-10-2014, 01:32 PM
(24-10-2014 12:01 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  [Citation required]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

H:FY destroys Fermi's.

Aliens are intentionally avoiding us.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-10-2014, 01:46 PM
(24-10-2014 01:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Aliens are intentionally avoiding us.
Evidence?
24-10-2014, 01:47 PM
(24-10-2014 01:12 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Oh man, I just had a moment of clarity. I've misunderstood those societies that are run by fundamental muslims that are trying to outlaw progressive technology and thought. I've always thought they are just backward ignorant pea brained insecure assholes trying to maintain power for themselves through a literal reading of a thousand year old book about a pedophile but instead they are trying to save our society from destruction.
And don't forget central banks. Without them humanity(well 0.01% of it) would already colonize Mars.
24-10-2014, 01:52 PM
(24-10-2014 01:46 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 01:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Aliens are intentionally avoiding us.
Evidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
24-10-2014, 01:59 PM
I would like for humanity to continue, in principle. I'd like to give it the best shot at continuation that I can. There ARE significant challenges to a technological civilization continuing, and they're made worse by fundamentalists and conservatives denying climate change (among other things).

There are many possible interpretations of the Fermi paradox. My most-likely-scenario is that increasing energy efficiency makes advanced civilizations leak less in the way of coherent EM signals, make them impossible to detect. Still, both of these are causes for worry.

But to go from cause for worry to arbitrarily setting the date of our destruction within a century? And bold declarations of the limited lifespan of advanced civilizations? Without a shred of real evidence to back either up? You're not giving food for thought. You're setting the table, but get bored between putting out the plate and putting out the fork and don't carry through. The food doesn't even arrive.

World banks are blocking colonization of Mars?

I mean, what's next? Connecting Oscar Wilde to, I dunno, bee colony collapse? Dude, have you ever DONE a connect-the-dots puzzle? Each dot is only supposed to connect to two others. If you connect ALL the dots, as in your sig, you're doing it wrong.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post