Do you care if Obama is really a Muslim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
RE: Do you care if Obama is really a Muslim?
Whatever else anyone thinks of Obama, no one can accuse him of using religion as a means to get elected. He really only has ever talked about being a Christian when specifically asked about religion, but he never seems to elaborate on it and he never seems to bring it up on his own. I think this is part of the reason Christians are so willing to believe he is a Muslim, they think his reticence to talk about his relationship with Jesus Christ or whatever to be some kind of proof that he's actually not a Christian. In comes the "Muslim" bogeyman and how he's going to require Sharia law across the land.

Actually, I think they may be right about why he never talks about his religion, but I reach a conclusion other than the fear mongering around the Muslim charge. I think he just doesn't really believe in any of this and has a determined religion for political expediency. Or not. Maybe he does believe it but as he did not seem to be raised with religion it seems odd he would really embrace faith later in life.

I'm still not voting for him, though.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I thought he was a Christian... since he is a politician I find it pretty cool he doesn't bring up god every ten seconds. I think it's actually very prejudiced of people to assume he is Muslim simply because he does not profess about Jesus every ten seconds.

No, I really don't care what fairy tale my politicians subscribe to as long as they keep it out of politics.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Man, there's so much maybe, maybe, maybe and wild conjecture here, you know what I've been doing all day? Throwing up! Not even joking. I'm dehydrated, I got explosive trots, I can barely move, I had a fever of 38.4 and I almost cracked a rib puking into my recycling bucket. And you know what? I BLAME ALL OF YOU!

It was very rude of you all to not heed my vom warnings. I'm very cross!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Hahaha sorry man that sucks. I take it all back.
I hope it's not a beautiful sunny day wherever you are, would be sad to waste it vomiting.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Simply put. If he doesn't make his religious views influence his decisions, which at the moment it doesn't appear they do, I don't care that much.
Otherwise I probably care as much as if he is a Christian. It honestly would depend on his religious influence. Muslims however tend to be more fundie than Christians so I might care more if he was a Muslim.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
No. *

* unless he is mormon or scientologust

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to us who do

-Isaac Asimov