Do you care if you eat kosher foods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 11:54 AM
So today I was making a sandwich for lunch and just noticed that the cheese I've always been buying said "Kosher friendly, may be used on passover" - I'm like damn...this whole time I've been eating religious cheese? lol..but its damn good cheese. So anyways, it made me bring up a question.

If you're an atheist, do you care if you eat kosher foods? I know some avoid it because it has religious attachment. What are your opinions?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: Do you care if you eat kosher foods?
It doesn't really amount to much.....

I think the rabbi just waves a foreskin over it and dances the macarena while chanting "Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy dooo...

Or something like that...

I may be mistaken....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 10 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-02-2015, 12:12 PM
I dont look for that label, I do look for specific types of organic labels periodically, but mostly if it looks good, i eat it... Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-02-2015, 12:12 PM
(23-02-2015 12:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It doesn't really amount to much.....

I think the rabbi just waves a foreskin over it and dances the macarena while chanting "Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy dooo...

I may be mistaken....

No you're not. That's exactly it ... à la nutshell.

But also, the cheese has to be slaughtered humanely with the packaging label facing Jerusalem.

Yes

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
23-02-2015, 12:13 PM

I may be mistaken....

hehe i like you, you're funny, glad you are hear Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-02-2015, 12:16 PM
That's about like refusing to eat Lucky Charms cereal because he's a leprechaun.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-02-2015, 12:17 PM

I may be mistaken....

You had me at foreskin!!
[+] 1 user Likes Typhon's post
23-02-2015, 12:19 PM
The only religious food I purposely avoid is the communion wafer.

They are flavorless and will glue themselves to the roof of your mouth if you aren't careful anyway.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-02-2015, 12:21 PM
I make sure to avoid halal meat and this has meant that I have to avoid certain Indian restuarants. I do not want to pay for an animal to be inhumanely slaughtered when there are far better methods out there that are being ignored for religious reasons.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
23-02-2015, 12:22 PM
(23-02-2015 11:54 AM)nerwin Wrote:  So today I was making a sandwich for lunch and just noticed that the cheese I've always been buying said "Kosher friendly, may be used on passover" - I'm like damn...this whole time I've been eating religious cheese? lol..but its damn good cheese. So anyways, it made me bring up a question.

If you're an atheist, do you care if you eat kosher foods? I know some avoid it because it has religious attachment. What are your opinions?

Makes no difference to me. I've been eating kosher dill pickles all my life, and I have no idea what even makes the difference between kosher and non-kosher pickles. If it tastes good, I'll eat it. I've gone to more than a few Catholic fish fries as well.