Do you care if you eat kosher foods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: Do you care if you eat kosher foods?
Maybe they put some kind of chemical in the kosher foods that alter your brain chemistry in an attempt at converting you. Hahahaha.

Honestly, I never really cared if a food was kosher..but I'll totally stay away from halal meat..I would be upset if I knew I was eating meat from an animal that was slaughtered inhumanely. I don't eat indian food anyways but I have a good friend that lives in India and he prefers American food, haha.

But man, those hebrew national franks are the best. Can't wait until summer.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Hah! These days, Kosher food is nothing more than food prepared in a factory that has a rabbi walking the halls and mumbling incoherently.

If it's good food, I eat it. If it's not good food, I don't. Mumbling rabbis do not factor into my eating decisions.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-02-2015, 12:49 PM
(23-02-2015 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hah! These days, Kosher food is nothing more than food prepared in a factory that has a rabbi walking the halls and mumbling incoherently.

Which therefore proves that being Kosher is nothing but woo.

If there was any demonstratable physical effect on the food, then it would have been replicated in a machine with a fraction of the running costs.
23-02-2015, 12:55 PM
(23-02-2015 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hah! These days, Kosher food is nothing more than food prepared in a factory that has a rabbi walking the halls and mumbling incoherently.

If it's good food, I eat it. If it's not good food, I don't. Mumbling rabbis do not factor into my eating decisions.

I had to look that up after you mentioned it. Do they actually pay a rabbi to say chants/prayers in the factory?

What is Kosher?

They still ban rabbits on the basis of them chewing their cud. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

It has to be drained of blood properly, also:

Quote:In any meat establishment, it is crucial that a person who is Rabbinically ordained and extremely knowledgeable in these laws be on site to insure that the highest standard of kashrus are maintained.

Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-02-2015, 01:02 PM
This thread has gone from rarebit

to rabbis

to rabbits

within 14 posts.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Not really, but I think Kosher hotdogs are delicious.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
23-02-2015, 01:12 PM
When I purchase pickles from the store (as opposed to canning cucumbers from the garden) they say Kosher Dill. Never really thought about it before. What makes my dill pickle Kosher? Do they remove the tip?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
23-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I have a jewish buddy with relatives who eat kosher only. He told me one time he went there for a barbeque and they served something he thinks started out as a steak before they cooked it to the consistency of shoe leather.

Anyway, he slipped a piece under the table to the dog. When he tried to give the dog a second piece it walked away.

Tells you something.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
23-02-2015, 02:10 PM
(23-02-2015 01:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  When I purchase pickles from the store (as opposed to canning cucumbers from the garden) they say Kosher Dill. Never really thought about it before. What makes my dill pickle Kosher? Do they remove the tip?

It's the tip that counts, but just the tip Drooling

hehe couldn't resist

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-02-2015, 08:27 AM
(23-02-2015 12:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Makes no difference to me. I've been eating kosher dill pickles all my life, and I have no idea what even makes the difference between kosher and non-kosher pickles.

Pro tip: The cucumbers are circumcised. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user