Do you drink coffee?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Do you drink coffee?
I had a coffee today! I'm somewhat sensitive to caffiene.

I have them a few times a year. I remember two years I got into a cycle of drinking two coffees a day, not getting to sleep at night, waking up tired and drinking the next day. I stopped the moment I left work over Christmas and didn't have another coffee at all for 6 months.

Today I woke up at 6:30am, had a coffee at 10am during a 12 hour train journey. It's just about to strike midnight and I'm still sort of buzzing.

A boss once asked me if I was on drugs one night when we all met up for a social down the pub. I had to explain that a colleague had made me a large cup of coffee earlier that day.

Caaffffiiiiieeeeene ....!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 04:14 PM
(21-06-2014 04:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 03:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yabbut, Espresso tastes so much better...

I use one of these. Vary the grind, the steeping time, the amount of coffee and water, and the rate at which you press and I think you could make just about any type of coffee you want. I usually make 3-4 oz of strong concentrate and add water for a caffe americano.

OK, I' convinced. Drinking Beverage

Ima get one. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2014, 04:48 PM
(21-06-2014 04:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I had a coffee today! I'm somewhat sensitive to caffiene.

I have them a few times a year. I remember two years I got into a cycle of drinking two coffees a day, not getting to sleep at night, waking up tired and drinking the next day. I stopped the moment I left work over Christmas and didn't have another coffee at all for 6 months.

Today I woke up at 6:30am, had a coffee at 10am during a 12 hour train journey. It's just about to strike midnight and I'm still sort of buzzing.

A boss once asked me if I was on drugs one night when we all met up for a social down the pub. I had to explain that a colleague had made me a large cup of coffee earlier that day.

It's one of the four basic food groups: caffeine, nicotine, aspirin, and alcohol. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
21-06-2014, 06:02 PM
(21-06-2014 04:48 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 04:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I had a coffee today! I'm somewhat sensitive to caffiene.

It's one of the four basic food groups: caffeine, nicotine, aspirin, and alcohol. Big Grin

I gave up alcohol for chocolate. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
21-06-2014, 07:36 PM
(21-06-2014 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 04:48 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  It's one of the four basic food groups: caffeine, nicotine, aspirin, and alcohol. Big Grin

I gave up alcohol for chocolate. Tongue

Hmmmm. Chocolate is a subset of caffeine, so that will never do. You're neglecting one quarter of your diet. Consider

21-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I gave up aspirin for chocolate.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-06-2014, 01:12 AM
On rare occasions I will drink a half cup black. In general though I never touch the stuff.
22-06-2014, 01:24 PM
(21-06-2014 07:36 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I gave up alcohol for chocolate. Tongue

Hmmmm. Chocolate is a subset of caffeine, so that will never do. You're neglecting one quarter of your diet. Consider

There are five food groups. You forgot to add potato chips (and Cheetos, Doritos, etc). A giant bag of potato chips with a pint of sour cream constitutes dinner. Health, delicious, satisfying.
22-06-2014, 07:53 PM
(22-06-2014 01:24 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 07:36 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Hmmmm. Chocolate is a subset of caffeine, so that will never do. You're neglecting one quarter of your diet. Consider

There are five food groups. You forgot to add potato chips (and Cheetos, Doritos, etc). A giant bag of potato chips with a pint of sour cream constitutes dinner. Health, delicious, satisfying.

I see your point. This may call for further study.

22-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Do I *drink* coffee ? No. But I do *do* coffee enemas.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ask-...ee-enemas/

Just kidding. Tongue I like really good coffee, once in a while.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.