Do you even circus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Do you even circus?
Quote:I think you are confused PJ. I'm pretty sure you're the only one who give a squirt of piss what Proverbs says.

If that is true of Christians, then we have an issue. But at least admit that the Bible condemns acts of cruelty to animals. I think you all know the Jewish traditions regarding the preparation of animals for food and so on as well.

Or if YOU don't care what Proverbs says, are you for animal cruelty?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2013, 12:33 PM
(31-07-2013 12:16 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If that is true of Christians, then we have an issue. But at least admit that the Bible condemns acts of cruelty to animals. I think you all know the Jewish traditions regarding the preparation of animals for food and so on as well.

Or if YOU don't care what Proverbs says, are you for animal cruelty?

It also advocates blood sacrifice of animals, and claims that human beings have innate dominion over all other life. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
31-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:It also advocates blood sacrifice of animals, and claims that human beings have innate dominion over all other life. So there's that.

Innate dominion or stewardship? Tell us the differences, please.

Sacrifice done with a sharp knife to cause the animal minimal discomfort per the Bible and Talmud or pagan sacrifice to drink blood?

And are you for animal cruelty or do you agree with the Proverbs verse?
31-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Love the circus. Not convinced that the acts of a few are representative of ALL the animal handlers in the circus community.

My favorite circus acts don't have non-human animals in them. Trapeze, stuntmen (and women) and anything involving a motorcycle.

Then there's the clowns. I love em!
31-07-2013, 03:00 PM
PJ...STFU and go away.

That is all.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I have never been to a circus, but I have been to the zoo several times. I do enjoy going to the zoo as I love seeing the exotic animals I would otherwise not have every seen, but I think it is sometimes at the expense of the animals there. I am not fully against zoos, they are very educational for children to learn, but I think some animals should just not be kept in a zoo environment.
31-07-2013, 03:55 PM
(31-07-2013 02:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Innate dominion or stewardship? Tell us the differences, please.

Sacrifice done with a sharp knife to cause the animal minimal discomfort per the Bible and Talmud or pagan sacrifice to drink blood?

I think the correct word is domination. The animal dies, for our needs, whenever we (or our imaginary friend in the sky) demand it. I view sacrifice, sharp knife or not, as completely unnecessary. There's nothing steward-like about it.

The creator of the universe needs a cow killed and burned? Puh-lease.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
31-07-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 04:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Do I circus ?
I come here don't I ?

I taught my puppy to surf, and felt really guilty about it for a while. I really wasn't sure if he liked it or not, and I didn't want to scare him, or make him do it if he really didn't like it. Turns out he loves it, and is really excited to go now. Not sure if it's the water, or all the attention he gets. He visits all his dog friends at the beach, one by one.

BTW, the only reason the Hebrew priests wrote the rule into the Babble law, that THEY had to do the cutting of meat was so THEY got their cut, and it gave them a job. Gotta do *something* if you're a priest/cleric. Dodgy Useless lazy do-nothing class.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-07-2013, 04:26 PM
(31-07-2013 02:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Innate dominion or stewardship? Tell us the differences, please.

And are you for animal cruelty or do you agree with the Proverbs verse?

I oppose animal cruelty because I believe life has innate value.

You're the Christian, you tell me what Genesis 1:28 means, if not the obvious.

... this is my signature!
31-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Cirque du Soleil only for me.

(31-07-2013 02:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sacrifice done with a sharp knife to cause the animal minimal discomfort per the Bible and Talmud or pagan sacrifice to drink blood?

So, sacrifice good if quick.

The more you know.

Quote:And are you for animal cruelty or do you agree with the Proverbs verse?

Animal cruelty is bad, but not because it says so in some superstitious Bronze Age text.