Do you even circus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: Do you even circus?
(31-07-2013 06:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 06:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd love to see Cirque du Soleil's Beatles show. *swoon*

My boss is in vegas seeing it this week *glare*

I saw it and loved it!

Gah! I hate you too! DodgyTongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2013, 06:59 PM
(31-07-2013 06:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Circuses are shadier fairs. At least fairs have weenie roller coasters. What do circuses have? Creepy, sweaty carnies and women with facial hair.

Basically. Confused

Went as a kid. Bearded ladies gave me the creeps, too Confused
And speaking of 'Carnival', where were the ladies "dancing the cooch" when I went Dodgy

31-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I did once,and a monkey pissed at me.
That and the view of monkey penis gave me a terible dislike of circus.
I do like magic tricks tho

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
31-07-2013, 07:06 PM
(31-07-2013 06:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 06:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  I saw it and loved it!

Gah! I hate you too! DodgyTongue

You'll hate me even more when I tell you I took the staff I had at the time, and I had two extra tickets I ended up giving away to an older couple sitting at a slot machine looking bored...

It's one of the better shows in Vegas IMO. It's kind of history through Beatle songs performed by Cirque de Soleil. Very cool.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-07-2013, 07:11 PM
(31-07-2013 07:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 06:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gah! I hate you too! DodgyTongue

You'll hate me even more when I tell you I took the staff I had at the time, and I had two extra tickets I ended up giving away to an older couple sitting at a slot machine looking bored...

It's one of the better shows in Vegas IMO. It's kind of history through Beatle songs performed by Cirque de Soleil. Very cool.

Weeping
31-07-2013, 07:50 PM
(31-07-2013 06:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been to an animal free circus once.

I would never support any circus otherwise.

I also don't support rodeos for the same reason, or animal races of any kind.

What one poster said. I know of people who have race horses, reining horses, and those horses love what they do. Same with my own dogs.

They love to work, and most of them need that work in order to not only stay fit, but to also burn off energy and give their mind something to do. They were bred for that kind of work. Not giving them an outlet for their desire to work and do what they were bred for not only creates an animal with a racing mind, but it amounts to abuse IMO.

I know because I deal with idiot dog owners who get a working bred border collie or other high drive, high energy working breed and expect a walk around the block to calm to satiate a working bred dog. The dog usually becomes destructive, trying desperately to drain some of the manic energy it has stored up, ends in a shelter and is eventually killed because there is no one to give it a home. I see it all the time. Or they get a pit bull thinking it will behave like a golden retriever, then call the dog a monster when it kills their cat because it is a terrier and viewed the cat as a small furry animal it needed to catch.

It is no different than a horse bred for racing or reining events. Giving them a chance to do what they love, giving them mental stimulation and an outlet for their energy creates a relaxed, happy animal.

Now, I do understand your point with rodeos. I have yet to find a purpose in bull riding.

Quote:Horses may love to run, then let them.......
In an open field, whenever they -want- to run. Not for the entertainment of drunken hoards.

Running around in a field is not the same as working, not the same as the horse racing on a track where it has to think and control its pace. It has to exercise its mind just as my dog has to use his mind on an agility course, even if it is a sport. You should hear the sounds he makes when he knows when we are close. Even horses act that way. It is a *happy dance* all the way to the ring. Big Grin

Are there people who abuse the animals they work with? Sure. I have seen things like that, but they are few and far between and were dealt with quickly. No need to condemn the whole sport for the acts of a few.
31-07-2013, 08:00 PM
(31-07-2013 07:50 PM)slydog Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 06:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been to an animal free circus once.

I would never support any circus otherwise.

I also don't support rodeos for the same reason, or animal races of any kind.

What one poster said. I know of people who have race horses, reining horses, and those horses love what they do. Same with my own dogs.

They love to work, and most of them need that work in order to not only stay fit, but to also burn off energy and give their mind something to do. They were bred for that kind of work. Not giving them an outlet for their desire to work and do what they were bred for not only creates an animal with a racing mind, but it amounts to abuse IMO.

I know because I deal with idiot dog owners who get a working bred border collie or other high drive, high energy working breed and expect a walk around the block to calm to satiate a working bred dog. The dog usually becomes destructive, trying desperately to drain some of the manic energy it has stored up, ends in a shelter and is eventually killed because there is no one to give it a home. I see it all the time. Or they get a pit bull thinking it will behave like a golden retriever, then call the dog a monster when it kills their cat because it is a terrier and viewed the cat as a small furry animal it needed to catch.

It is no different than a horse bred for racing or reining events. Giving them a chance to do what they love, giving them mental stimulation and an outlet for their energy creates a relaxed, happy animal.

Now, I do understand your point with rodeos. I have yet to find a purpose in bull riding.

Quote:Horses may love to run, then let them.......
In an open field, whenever they -want- to run. Not for the entertainment of drunken hoards.

Running around in a field is not the same as working, not the same as the horse racing on a track where it has to think and control its pace. It has to exercise its mind just as my dog has to use his mind on an agility course, even if it is a sport. You should hear the sounds he makes when he knows when we are close. Even horses act that way. It is a *happy dance* all the way to the ring. Big Grin

Are there people who abuse the animals they work with? Sure. I have seen things like that, but they are few and far between and were dealt with quickly. No need to condemn the whole sport for the acts of a few.

How did the horses survive before we were around to work them Consider
31-07-2013, 08:50 PM
(31-07-2013 07:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 06:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gah! I hate you too! DodgyTongue

Oooooooooh I now must hate you too! Ive always wanted to see that!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-08-2013, 09:07 AM
(31-07-2013 08:00 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How did the horses survive before we were around to work them Consider

They didn't - but that's because they didn't exist as such then; they hadn't been made so by our selective breeding. Recognizably 'modern' working horses are a very late development, as far as these things go (only several centuries BC, as far as bearing heavily armoured riders or pulling heavy plows goes).

Wild equines get their kicks merely surviving - can't say that doesn't take a lot of effort and intelligence!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
01-08-2013, 09:13 AM
(31-07-2013 06:06 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Circuses are shadier fairs. At least fairs have weenie roller coasters. What do circuses have? Creepy, sweaty carnies and women with facial hair.

Basically. Confused

Your wisdom exceeds your years, young grasshopper.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]