Do you ever doubt your "unbelief?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Do you ever doubt your "unbelief?"
(14-08-2015 02:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 11:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I read her posts. I did not install a web cam. Big Grin

I simply found her interesting. Plus I am bored stuck at home all day. Smile

Offtopic

Bored? Stuck at home all day? I've got JUST the thing for you.

Adult coloring books. Tongue

[Image: abstract-coloring-page-by-thaneeya.jpg]

Ok, carry on.

Big Grin

I have been doing this off an on for several weeks. I am too stressed to really concentrate on other things so I listen to podcasts or music and color.

This weekend I may dig out a sewing project since I usually start sewing about this time of year...until the stitchery mood strikes I will be coloring.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-08-2015, 06:49 PM
(14-08-2015 02:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 11:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I read her posts. I did not install a web cam. Big Grin

I simply found her interesting. Plus I am bored stuck at home all day. Smile
haha no worries, it's all good. Big Grin

(14-08-2015 12:00 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I did for a while, several years, but not for the last 6 years or so. Religion, particularly one you are indoctrinated with from early childhood, has a profound psychological effect on you. Emotions are an automated response to your deeply held premises. Until you remove all vestiges of god belief and the indoctrination you have, you will likely have these feelings of doubt.

What helped me was the adoption of the philosophy of reason and checking every premise I held. I now no longer have any doubts because I know what I know and more importantly the process I went through to validate that knowledge.
Being indoctrinated from childhood, part of that is being indoctrinated not to question. So it's taken me a while after departing from Christianity, to feel comfortable just questioning, and being unafraid that a god might smite me. lol I'm in a far better place with it all than when I first posted this thread. Smile

(14-08-2015 12:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I sometimes question my doubt, especially when I have sublime or spiritual moments. Not that I think such moments are divine, but because the feelings I have experiencing them aren't amenable to reason.

As I get older, I find myself not really caring as much about the question of god's existence. But I do subject my outlook to review periodically in order to be sure that I'm not being complacent or mentally lazy.
Feelings are all what religion, and the belief in deities is all about, when you stop to think about it. Last year my grandmother was declining in health, and that is when a lot of this started for me. I felt like I needed to cling to some sort of belief system, even though I also announced to many in my life that I felt my view was atheistic. Like I said above, after she died, then I really crashed for a little bit, but now...I'm in a far better place and maybe I needed to go through all of that turmoil inside of myself...to find myself. Heart

(14-08-2015 02:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Offtopic

Bored? Stuck at home all day? I've got JUST the thing for you.

Adult coloring books. Tongue

[Image: abstract-coloring-page-by-thaneeya.jpg]

Ok, carry on.

Big Grin

I want one of these coloring books!! Laugh out load

I'm being serious. Unsure

Barnes & Nobles has a whole bunch of them. In my store, they were in the front foyer. Otherwise, check the "kits" section.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-08-2015, 06:56 PM
(14-08-2015 06:49 PM)julep Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 02:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  haha no worries, it's all good. Big Grin

Being indoctrinated from childhood, part of that is being indoctrinated not to question. So it's taken me a while after departing from Christianity, to feel comfortable just questioning, and being unafraid that a god might smite me. lol I'm in a far better place with it all than when I first posted this thread. Smile

Feelings are all what religion, and the belief in deities is all about, when you stop to think about it. Last year my grandmother was declining in health, and that is when a lot of this started for me. I felt like I needed to cling to some sort of belief system, even though I also announced to many in my life that I felt my view was atheistic. Like I said above, after she died, then I really crashed for a little bit, but now...I'm in a far better place and maybe I needed to go through all of that turmoil inside of myself...to find myself. Heart

I want one of these coloring books!! Laugh out load

I'm being serious. Unsure

Barnes & Nobles has a whole bunch of them. In my store, they were in the front foyer. Otherwise, check the "kits" section.

Amazon has a bunch of them too and you can view a few pages of each one to see if it's something you are interested in or not.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-08-2015, 07:57 PM
(14-08-2015 06:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 06:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not the image I had when I read "adult coloring books". Consider

Chas, sometimes.........I swear.....

Facepalm

[Image: 5195KYOGi%2BL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-08-2015, 08:09 PM
hahahaha!!

and there you have it. the answer to our problems. adult coloring books. Laugh out load

in truth, i'm going to look for these this weekend. not Chas' version!!

Be true to yourself. Heart
15-08-2015, 03:06 AM
(14-08-2015 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have been doing this off an on for several weeks. I am too stressed to really concentrate on other things so I listen to podcasts or music and color.

This weekend I may dig out a sewing project since I usually start sewing about this time of year...until the stitchery mood strikes I will be coloring.

I can't even watch a movie at the moment. I think it's the drugs I'm on. I just keep watching music clips on youtube. I can't concentrate very well. And nobody is posting! Sad

I may need to join another site as well.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-08-2015, 08:35 AM
(14-08-2015 11:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:27 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's not creepy at all. Angel

I read her posts. I did not install a web cam. Big Grin

Your loss. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-08-2015, 06:17 AM
(15-08-2015 08:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Your loss. Tongue
Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart