Do you ever find yourself at church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Do you ever find yourself at church?
Unless it is a funeral of a close friend or family member, no. If I want to use my time, I spend time with my mom, and debate on the internet and promote science on the internet, fight the GOP, watch football, drink beer, and look at boobies.

Certainly if others want to they can. I have no desire to torture myself when I don't have to.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
23-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Do I "find" myself at church ?
Nah. If I go I pretty much do it intentionally, and almost always I get paid (as a musician) for the bother. One a year, I go with my mom, but it's cuz she asks nicely. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2015, 09:15 AM
My last experience in a church was at my nieces baptism. She was 14 yr old rude teenager who, in my opinion, didn't get held under long enough.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
23-03-2015, 09:36 AM
(23-03-2015 08:06 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Nope.... I only went to church last January because my grandmother died.....

So you do find yourself in churh once in a while.Tongue

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
23-03-2015, 10:18 AM
The rare wedding or funeral, which I can't even remember when that last was., atleast 10 years now.

Oh wait...my girls did Girl Scouts a few years ago, their troop met at a church in the evenings. We just used their gymnasium.

About 4 years ago my girls did a year at an episcopal school that had chapel once a week... That was probably the most church like setting I have been in in recent years.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-03-2015, 11:02 AM
(23-03-2015 09:36 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 08:06 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Nope.... I only went to church last January because my grandmother died.....

So you do find yourself in churh once in a while.Tongue

I have found Waldo more in the last 7 years. YHWY is SUCH an awesome player of hide-and-seek since we haven't seen his ass in 2000 years maybe except for the occasional piece of toast but that turns out much of the time to be his mom.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Like maybe twice a year I end up going into the church building for some reason or another, but not the actual church part. I avoid actual church like the plague. I've already wasted way too many hours there.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
23-03-2015, 12:04 PM
On odd occasions.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-03-2015, 12:07 PM
During tours in Italy we saw lots of churches. Architectural marvels and an amazing waste of money at the same time.

Some day they will probably make fine museums to human stupidity.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-03-2015, 12:12 PM
I've gone my little brothers Christmas play and to baby dedications mostly, even though I'm strongly against them. I'm hoping that when I come fully out with my atheism, my family will remember how patient I've been and won't stereotype me as harshly. Wishful thinking, I guess.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde