Do you ever find yourself at church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Do you ever find yourself at church?
Quite often, I suppose. What with all the weddings and baptisms of my many cousins and their children the last few years.

I don't mind it, I can even choose to stay out of the church during the whole procedure (half of the people do, actually, which I imagine would be unthinkable to do on weddings in other countries).

I don't have to do anything, just stand there and watch, so I don't really care much. It's just... a routine.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 01:06 PM
(23-03-2015 07:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Anyone ever find themselves at church?

Having only recently left (January) I really don't think I could handle it at the moment. I do still have friends there so never say never but the idea of being harassed about my 'walk with the lord' and other such invasions of privacy I'm not ready to deal with now. My capacity to hide any distain is not so good so I'm best staying away for the now. I'm sure I'll be back there at some point when I'm feeling a bit stronger. But not just yet!

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
23-03-2015, 02:02 PM
The last time I was in a church was for a Catholic funeral.
I just sat in the back and watched the rituals.
The preist had his robes and funny hat, waved a 'smoker' around for a bit, talked a lot, then served crackers and wine.
Had it not been a funeral, I would have found it amusing.
23-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I actually am not sure when the last time was that I was in a church but I am sure it was for a wedding or a deading.

It may have been several years ago when I went to a Lutheran funeral service for a friend's mother-in-law. No, lightning didn't strike.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-03-2015, 06:03 AM
(23-03-2015 12:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  On odd occasions.

How odd? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-03-2015, 07:16 AM
Yes. I go to church with my parents. Frequently. Sometimes with my grandparents. Used to go to appease my ex when we were still together.

I have no qualms with taking communion. I like it when they do intinction - some fun bread and grape juice, it's like a little snack prior to lunch. My ex was surprised at how well I did back in December with not rolling my eyes and saying all the little "and also for you" bullshit.

This reminds me I need to buy an Easter dress. Can't be lookin like white trash on zombie day.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I went to a funeral last summer at a Mormon church. It was interesting. The deceased had a whole lot of Mennonite friends who attended. When the Mormons sang out of their hymn book the Mennonites sat quietly and didn't sing. That's the only time since I was last in a church as a "trying" Christian.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
24-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Last time I was in a church was........

Crickets

Drinking Beverage

I donno but disco music was in style, so...........Cool

And the other one time (singular) I was in a church the Beatles were singing about Kaleidoscope Eyes. Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post