Do you ever lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Do you ever lie?
I lie very seldom. I'm pretty sure I've not lied here, but I've probably left a stinker around here somewhere. Alcohol-induced exaggeration doesn't count, and I can think of only one case of that. I WILL say that there is a whole lot of shit that I'm NOT going to mention from RL. Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-08-2016, 04:11 PM
In the radio program I posted a link to, one of the discussions involved a psychologist (I think that's what she was) who asked the host of the show to take his dominate hand, the hand he writes with, and write an invisible letter Q on his forehead. He was right handed and wrote the letter Q with the little tale pointing to his own right shoulder. The psychologist said that in studies people who write the letter Q on their forehead without reversing it so it cannot be read by an observer are not very good at lying. If the Q is reversed to be read by an observer the person is very good at lying. I thought that was interesting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-08-2016, 04:17 PM
I have lied yes but I have my own kind of morals when it comes to lieing.

Example 1 - family because love:
I tend to tell my mom that I am fine when she asks because she worries so easily that I want to keep the "not fine" things for when there is the place and time to worry. So usually won't tell her about things like headaches or tiredness because it will make her worry.

Example 2 - doctor because wanna go home:
I had a mental breakdown back when I was very suicidal and was made to speak to a psychologist for them to determine if they put me in a closed ward or let me go. I knew that by law they cannot keep me if I say I won't kill myself so that is what I said although I couldn't even promise this to myself at the time.

Example 3 - work because social ritual rather than lie:
Coworker: "hi how are you" - me: "hi fine and you" - "fine"

That is the type of lie I do.
I am super honest to everybody I care about though and also online because who the fuck really cares online, can as well be honest.
I am also cautiously honest to people I first meet. This I mean in a way of, well I won't tell them my life story but if there is a conversation I will be truthful instead of act. If someone then turns out to like me and want to keep in touch, they at least know what they signed up for Big Grin
And here on the forum, I haven't felt a need to lie about anything so far.

cheers

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
21-08-2016, 04:27 PM
(21-08-2016 04:17 PM)Leela Wrote:  I have lied yes but I have my own kind of morals when it comes to lieing.

Example 1 - family because love:
I tend to tell my mom that I am fine when she asks because she worries so easily that I want to keep the "not fine" things for when there is the place and time to worry. So usually won't tell her about things like headaches or tiredness because it will make her worry.

Example 2 - doctor because wanna go home:
I had a mental breakdown back when I was very suicidal and was made to speak to a psychologist for them to determine if they put me in a closed ward or let me go. I knew that by law they cannot keep me if I say I won't kill myself so that is what I said although I couldn't even promise this to myself at the time.

Example 3 - work because social ritual rather than lie:
Coworker: "hi how are you" - me: "hi fine and you" - "fine"

That is the type of lie I do.
I am super honest to everybody I care about though and also online because who the fuck really cares online, can as well be honest.
I am also cautiously honest to people I first meet. This I mean in a way of, well I won't tell them my life story but if there is a conversation I will be truthful instead of act. If someone then turns out to like me and want to keep in touch, they at least know what they signed up for Big Grin
And here on the forum, I haven't felt a need to lie about anything so far.

cheers

I like that you didn't lie about lying. You're honest.

what'd I just write?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-08-2016, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2016 08:24 PM by Fireball.)
(21-08-2016 04:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  In the radio program I posted a link to, one of the discussions involved a psychologist (I think that's what she was) who asked the host of the show to take his dominate hand, the hand he writes with, and write an invisible letter Q on his forehead. He was right handed and wrote the letter Q with the little tale pointing to his own right shoulder. The psychologist said that in studies people who write the letter Q on their forehead without reversing it so it cannot be read by an observer are not very good at lying. If the Q is reversed to be read by an observer the person is very good at lying. I thought that was interesting.

I kind of doubt that, because I've done mechanical drawing for decades, and would have made it so that the viewer could see it, out of courtesy.

OK, I lied. I don't give a pinch of feces about being courteous to the viewer.
21-08-2016, 05:32 PM
I lie all the time, did you really think I was a dog?

(21-08-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 04:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  Hell, I'm not even using my real name here.

I will not specify whether or not I'm using my real name. Drinking Beverage

You seem more like a Bianca Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-08-2016, 05:36 PM
(21-08-2016 05:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I lie all the time, did you really think I was a dog?

(21-08-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I will not specify whether or not I'm using my real name. Drinking Beverage

Laugh out load Why?
21-08-2016, 05:39 PM
(21-08-2016 05:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 05:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I lie all the time, did you really think I was a dog?

Laugh out load Why?

You just have a Bianca aura to you Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-08-2016, 05:50 PM

(21-08-2016 04:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I will not specify whether or not I'm using my real name. Drinking Beverage

Tha has to be a new thread entitled, “Name the Poster”!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-08-2016, 06:14 PM
(21-08-2016 04:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  Hell, I'm not even using my real name here.

For shame. I think you should follow my example and use your birth name.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post