Do you ever play with Woo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: Do you ever play with Woo?
(17-05-2014 11:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have a collection of (I'm deeply ashamed to admit) Tarot cards. Some are really pretty.

Yeah, I look at them. But only in the appreciate the artwork sort of way.

Same here. I gave away a whole load of woo books but I couldn't bring myself to getting rid of the tarot cards. It is art after all. Although if I found someone who was really into them and didn't mind using someone else's cards (tarot readers are really particular about this, probably convinced by card makers in order to increase their sales), then I would give them away.

Wicca sounds appealing. The thing is that ritual has an effect in the same way that meditation does. Religions and woo have taken things that can have a benefit on our lives, like fellowship, getting back to nature and meditation and then packaged it up with superstition.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
18-05-2014, 02:47 AM
(17-05-2014 11:26 PM)Charis Wrote:  My brother wants me to join him in Wicca. I told him I'll still be Atheist, but Wicca's fun and peaceful, so I'd probably play with it sometimes for the fun of it. He wants company I guess. Lots of fun festivals... just overall fun.

Oh, and shiny.

Pretty toy. If I get drunk by the fire, I might see some cool things in my crystal ball.

Woo can be fun! Just remember it's woo.

Do you play with woo?

Whatever woo that one may do,
You may rest assured;
I do not do.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
18-05-2014, 02:51 AM
Awwww, come on, FT! Let's dance around the fire!

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
18-05-2014, 03:03 AM
(18-05-2014 02:51 AM)Charis Wrote:  Awwww, come on, FT! Let's dance around the fire!

No, thank you.

While I love me a good fire, I ain't dancing. My ability to dance is approximately equivalent to the amount of light dark matter reflects.

That is to say ~0.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-05-2014, 03:43 AM
(18-05-2014 03:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 02:51 AM)Charis Wrote:  Awwww, come on, FT! Let's dance around the fire!

No, thank you.

While I love me a good fire, I ain't dancing. My ability to dance is approximately equivalent to the amount of light dark matter reflects.

That is to say ~0.

*hands FT the punchbowl* be careful with that punch... it's spiked. You might start dancing if you drink too much of it. Wink

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
18-05-2014, 04:56 AM
(18-05-2014 03:43 AM)Charis Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 03:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  No, thank you.

That is to say ~0.

*hands FT the punchbowl* be careful with that punch... it's spiked. You might start dancing if you drink too much of it. Wink

Drink something in/and from a public place, the content of which I cannot verify?

Are you mad?!

Bechased

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
18-05-2014, 11:20 AM
(18-05-2014 02:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 11:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have a collection of (I'm deeply ashamed to admit) Tarot cards. Some are really pretty.

Yeah, I look at them. But only in the appreciate the artwork sort of way.

Same here. I gave away a whole load of woo books but I couldn't bring myself to getting rid of the tarot cards. It is art after all. Although if I found someone who was really into them and didn't mind using someone else's cards (tarot readers are really particular about this, probably convinced by card makers in order to increase their sales), then I would give them away.

Wicca sounds appealing. The thing is that ritual has an effect in the same way that meditation does. Religions and woo have taken things that can have a benefit on our lives, like fellowship, getting back to nature and meditation and then packaged it up with superstition.

Yes, Tarot card readers rarely utilize used cards for readings...unless they're into collecting them. There's supposed to be a way to "purify" used cards.

But yes, I had many, many books on Tarot, numerology, astrology and I pitched most of them. I kept one astrology book, but more because it was a leather bound book. I happen to like the way it looks on the shelf.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2014, 11:38 AM
I spent some time in my teens and early twenties really wanting to believe in reincarnation. Did a lot of reading on it and tried hard to buy into it...it just didn't stick.

I had a Ouija board when I was young - like middle school - they became a staple at slumber parties. I don't think anyone took it more seriously than a Magic 8 ball. Funny, I am pretty sure I received both as Christmas gifts...that should have made baby jebus cry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Everytime I read the mainstream news.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
18-05-2014, 12:25 PM

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]