Do you ever pretend for fun?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 03:03 PM by Clint Barnett.)
Do you ever pretend for fun?
I was thinking of pretending to believe again on occasion, just for entertainment. It sometimes makes for good conversation, especially when you want to know what people truly think about. I might make some future interviews on the subject and maybe even get some video. I was wondering what some of you thought?
Inspiration for this was from a talk I had with a guy living in Saudi Arabia a short while ago on chat via thinkatheist.com. His confidence was down and we talked about the possibility to enjoy the delusional simply by pretending. He is in desperate need for something to brighten his time over there until he could move.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: Do you ever pretend for fun?
Yeah. I'm making pretend I give a fuck. Muah-ha-ha-cough-cough-ahhhh

One time I was acting all creationist and stuff (cause my Gwynnies made me) but now I'm an atheist; ain't even believing my own bullshit. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
(06-04-2012 03:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah. I'm making pretend I give a fuck. Muah-ha-ha-cough-cough-ahhhh

One time I was acting all creationist and stuff (cause my Gwynnies made me) but now I'm an atheist; ain't even believing my own bullshit. Wink
Ya know, I don't think I ever believed the creationist stuff. That may be hard to play along with for me Smile

— idiot adjective

06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
(06-04-2012 03:17 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 03:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah. I'm making pretend I give a fuck. Muah-ha-ha-cough-cough-ahhhh

Ya know, I don't think I ever believed the creationist stuff. That may be hard to play along with for me Smile

Yeah, the creationist stuff ain't even scriptural. I'm a prophet, I know these things. Big Grin

Mostly I was doing it "to walk a mile in another man's shoes," and I learned something important. They ain't men. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
(06-04-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I might make some future interviews on the subject and maybe even get some video. I was wondering what some of you thought?

That sounds like a good idea. If you got a conversation on video with a devoutly religous person, it would be funny if you told them about how you were atheist and then you 'SAW THE LIGHT OF JEZUS!', to see how they would react Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
(06-04-2012 04:36 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I might make some future interviews on the subject and maybe even get some video. I was wondering what some of you thought?

That sounds like a good idea. If you got a conversation on video with a devoutly religous person, it would be funny if you told them about how you were atheist and then you 'SAW THE LIGHT OF JEZUS!', to see how they would react Smile
Thanks for the idea, I was hoping more people would respond with some constructive ideas. Smile

— idiot adjective

06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
(06-04-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I was thinking of pretending to believe again on occasion, just for entertainment. I was wondering what some of you thought?
I don't pretend to believe because it simply takes too much energy for me to do so.
I have enough of a time trying to ignore all the religious bullshit I am surrounded with here at home without expending more playing mind games.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Pretending , providing it isn't ultra heavy, seems a good way of digging up some secret data.

I need to do this occasionally cuz I'm not a prophet like HoC! Unsure
(06-04-2012 05:12 PM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I was thinking of pretending to believe again on occasion, just for entertainment. I was wondering what some of you thought?
I don't pretend to believe because it simply takes too much energy for me to do so.
I have enough of a time trying to ignore all the religious bullshit I am surrounded with here at home without expending more playing mind games.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
I spent some of the best of my teen years actually believing in this bullshit and as a result missed out on many great opportunities as a result. What makes you think I would want to go back to that? Even if its just pretend.

My personal feelings aside I think the whole pretending thing is counter productive, even if it might be entertaining or garner some insight into the religious mindset. Atheists, Agnostics and freethinkers are generally proud of their inclination towards truth and dispelling falsehoods. It would be a bit of a dick move compromise on that all up for the sake of some mean spirited laughs.

But fuck it, if you can get away with it, go right ahead.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
(06-04-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I was thinking of pretending to believe again on occasion, just for entertainment.

Well sometimes when we're role-playing ManlyGirl will dress up like a nun and Girly will dress as a priest, sometimes Manly will dress up like a priest and Girly will dress as a nun, and sometimes we'll both dress up as priests or nuns. Is that what you mean? Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post