Do you ever wish you were born a different species?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: Do you ever wish you were born a different species?
No but I wonder if there was any possibility that I could've been born another specie at another time on maybe another planet
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Nope.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-04-2015, 10:00 PM
I could dig being the largest predator on Earth with the largest brain on the planet.

[Image: 4-Sperm-Whale.jpg]

The sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus), or cachalot, is the largest of the toothed whales and the largest toothed predator.

Mature males average at 16 metres (52 ft) in length but some may reach 20.5 metres (67 ft), with the head representing up to one-third of the animal's length. The sperm whale feeds primarily on squid. Plunging to 2,250 metres (7,380 ft) for prey, it is the second deepest diving mammal, following only the Cuvier's beaked whale. The sperm whale's clicking vocalization, a form of echolocation and communication, may be as loud as 230 decibels (re 1 µPa at 1 m) underwater, making it the loudest sound produced by any animal. It has the largest brain of any animal on Earth, more than five times heavier than a human's. Sperm whales can live for more than 60 years.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Wink RE: Do you ever wish you were born a different species?
No, I rather like being human.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-04-2015, 11:20 PM
I would like to be my dog. He has the life, let me tell you. Rolleyes
He gets fed well, does no work, gets to play all day with the kids and his friends, go surfing now and then, sees all his friends every morning on his walks, sleeps when he wants ... sheesh, I should have it so good.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-04-2015, 07:38 AM
(22-04-2015 10:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I could dig being the largest predator on Earth with the largest brain on the planet.

[Image: 4-Sperm-Whale.jpg]

The sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus), or cachalot, is the largest of the toothed whales and the largest toothed predator.

Mature males average at 16 metres (52 ft) in length but some may reach 20.5 metres (67 ft), with the head representing up to one-third of the animal's length. The sperm whale feeds primarily on squid. Plunging to 2,250 metres (7,380 ft) for prey, it is the second deepest diving mammal, following only the Cuvier's beaked whale. The sperm whale's clicking vocalization, a form of echolocation and communication, may be as loud as 230 decibels (re 1 µPa at 1 m) underwater, making it the loudest sound produced by any animal. It has the largest brain of any animal on Earth, more than five times heavier than a human's. Sperm whales can live for more than 60 years.

Yabut, then you have to eat raw squid. Gasp

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Not really. While other species have incredible abilities, I can only know that because I am human. I may never know what the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum looks like to a goldfish, but I can understand we see different things. I couldn't do that if I were a goldfish.
Put simply, while I'd like to have some abilities other species possess, to actually become those other species would be pointless, because it would take away my ability to know what amazing abilities I (would) have.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
23-04-2015, 07:57 AM
(22-04-2015 11:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would like to be my dog. He has the life, let me tell you. Rolleyes
He gets fed well, does no work, gets to play all day with the kids and his friends, go surfing now and then, sees all his friends every morning on his walks, sleeps when he wants ... sheesh, I should have it so good.

I was thinking the same thing, a spoiled dog would be great.

I kind of like the wild horses on the Outer Banks, beach life, peaceful, protected. Sea turtle or a dolphin might be cool too. Turtle gets the best of the land and sea life, dolphins are intelligent and play just for fun...I would love to be able to do flips and jumps in the water!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
23-04-2015, 08:37 AM
I wanna be this goat.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-04-2015, 09:24 AM
No way. Being human Is awesome.