Do you fear death?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
05-01-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Do you fear death?
I don't fear death itself. It's the dying part I am not fond of. There are so many ways to check out and few are pleasant. I would bet that most with to be very old and just now wake up in the morning but in reality most of the time it's a rather unpleasant process.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
06-01-2015, 12:58 AM
I always remember my mother's friend who is a bit of a bush guy... I remember he said something about he'd like to get taken out by some wildlife - lion or hyaena or leopard... He told me this when I was a kid so I wasn't exactly prepared for the thought... but since then... I never forgot it... I think I'd like to go like that too. Sure it's gonna hurt, but... you go back into the cycle of life... Provide some energy for an apex predator... Get turned into lion poo...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-01-2015, 01:46 AM
I'd be happy to die comfortably and either be cremated and scattered, used in medical training, or donated to a body farm somewhere. No lion required.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-01-2015, 02:00 AM
(03-01-2015 06:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So I'm the retard

OK, if you insist. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2015, 02:45 AM
I don't fear death or dying at all. I do fear dying in some goddamned hospital or hospice filled with morphine and having tubes sticking out of me. I figure that dying will be the last thing I experience so I want it to be exciting. I have a vision of getting ripped off the back of my horse by a 180 pound mountain lion who bites through my neck just as we hit the ground and I stay conscious just long enough to see the blood spray around me. [No, I am not crazy Laugh out load ]
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
06-01-2015, 03:18 AM
(06-01-2015 02:45 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  [No, I am not crazy Laugh out load ]

You don't get to make the call...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Re: Do you fear death?
I've told my family that when I die, I want my body to be of use. Whatever organs they can use, use them. Skin for a burn center (we did that with my father).

I'd like the idea that my body should be used for a criminal or medical body farm. If the data from my corpse can be used to prosecute a killer, great.

After that, I want my bones to be used as a skeleton for a university or school. I have enough bone breaks (skull, foot, ankle, etc) and mild scoliosis that they could learn how it looks for real.

Basically, if my used-up husk can open a mind, it's great. I'll never know it, but let me have that one fantasy while living.
06-01-2015, 03:51 PM
(06-01-2015 02:45 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I don't fear death or dying at all. I do fear dying in some goddamned hospital or hospice filled with morphine and having tubes sticking out of me. I figure that dying will be the last thing I experience so I want it to be exciting. I have a vision of getting ripped off the back of my horse by a 180 pound mountain lion who bites through my neck just as we hit the ground and I stay conscious just long enough to see the blood spray around me. [No, I am not crazy Laugh out load ]

Bonus points if you take it with you.

'Murican Canadian
06-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry lady wallflower to be crude about a serious subject, but I honestly think I want to go when I can't get it up anymore. That seems more fearful than death, and would feel like not being alive. Is this an unreasonable criterion? I suppose it's possible I'm overestimating its importance.

With jackoff medicine being what it is, I wonder what the longevity is? Anyway, it really does make me realize there will come a day when I know it's time to go, and hopefully be at peace with it.
07-01-2015, 06:32 AM
(06-01-2015 11:30 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  Sorry lady wallflower to be crude about a serious subject, but I honestly think I want to go when I can't get it up anymore. That seems more fearful than death, and would feel like not being alive. Is this an unreasonable criterion? I suppose it's possible I'm overestimating its importance.

With jackoff medicine being what it is, I wonder what the longevity is? Anyway, it really does make me realize there will come a day when I know it's time to go, and hopefully be at peace with it.

I understand that. My husband has said the same type of stuff. He says when he's so old that he's no longer independent, he'd rather be dead.

That's partly why I want to workout, do yoga, and change my diet. I want to live a long healthy life (also, I want a smoking hot body...hehe Blush ). I no longer rely on prayer or "gods timing" for my health. I might not be able to control everything life throws at me, but there is a lot I can do to be healthier! Of course, it's easier said than done.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post