Do you find yourself more hostile or put off when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Do you find yourself more hostile or put off when...
...someone tells you that they believe in a god?

Do you automatically go into debate mode, or do you just let it go?

Do you think everyone should feel a certain way about this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Do you find yourself more hostile or put off when...
In general I just let it go, except when it's someone like the Jehovah's witnesses calling to the door. Then I go into debate mode and I wont stop until they go away.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I get this look on my face for a split second Dodgy and hope they don't notice, then try to move on with the convo lol

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
17-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I usually avoid talking about it. I used to volunteer at our kid's school and there was a teacher who was a Mormon and she was always talking to me about god and her church and inviting me to attend. It got to the point I dreaded seeing her. Finally I told her that I didn't believe and I thought the church of latter day saints was a cult and completely made up. You should have seen the look on her face. It was like holding up a cross made of garlic grown in holy water to a vampire.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
17-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I tend to keep quiet, just to keep from getting into arguments constantly. Then I mock what they're saying in my head.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
17-02-2014, 06:16 PM
(17-02-2014 06:07 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I usually avoid talking about it. I used to volunteer at our kid's school and there was a teacher who was a Mormon and she was always talking to me about god and her church and inviting me to attend. It got to the point I dreaded seeing her. Finally I told her that I didn't believe and I thought the church of latter day saints was a cult and completely made up. You should have seen the look on her face. It was like holding up a cross made of garlic grown in holy water to a vampire.

Woah.
Does she have a resentment towards you now?
17-02-2014, 06:19 PM
(17-02-2014 06:07 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I get this look on my face for a split second Dodgy and hope they don't notice, then try to move on with the convo lol

I do an eye roll, but have to move on because I live in NC and I wouldn't get anything accomplished if I couldn't figure out a way to move past that nugget of knowledge about them quickly. There's just too many brainwashed people here to spend time debating.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I really don't care unless they think I must believe the same and they feel the need to convert/save me.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I go into debate mode for a while and tell em fuckton of information then I stop, turn around and walk away and let em figure out rest for themselves.
17-02-2014, 06:27 PM
(17-02-2014 06:19 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 06:07 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I get this look on my face for a split second Dodgy and hope they don't notice, then try to move on with the convo lol

I do an eye roll, but have to move on because I live in NC and I wouldn't get anything accomplished if I couldn't figure out a way to move past that nugget of knowledge about them quickly. There's just too many brainwashed people here to spend time debating.

Do you find it difficult to move past it?