Do you give blood?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Do you give blood?
Simply put, just wondering who gives blood here and if you don't why not?

Also, blood types if you know yours. Can I give a big shout out to the O+'s?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
01-01-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Do you give blood?
Yes I give blood... while it's a bit toxic and might get the person that receives it drunk.. it's some good stuff.. I've been told my blood type is that universal shit..

Lemme chick my Red Cross card.. see what it says..
it's says:

O Positive

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
01-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Once or twice a year depending on how much of it I can spare.
O+ here.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I used to give blood for years but due to a recent medical condition I had to stop. If I can, I hope to give blood again some day. I makes me feel good to do it and as Hitchens used to say "it's something you can give of yourself that helps people and costs it you nothing in return."

A positive.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Jean Luc Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
02-01-2012, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 03:49 AM by Observer.)
Yes, and platelets as well
this is on demand. They told me I have a certain rare substance in my blood which makes it useful against certain types of leukaemia.
How cool is that Smile

A+

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
02-01-2012, 02:09 AM
I give, it's a win / win kinda thing.

Shy I don't remember my type -it's on my last card, wherever that is.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
02-01-2012, 03:03 AM
I don't but I do wish I could. Needles are just not something I can handle. I've tried though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 03:07 AM
I couldn't for awhile, pregnancy and BF. But I'll start again soon. A+
02-01-2012, 03:50 AM
(02-01-2012 03:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I couldn't for awhile, pregnancy and BF. But I'll start again soon. A+

Pregnancy? When is your due date?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
02-01-2012, 04:01 AM
(02-01-2012 03:03 AM)riseinside Wrote:  I don't but I do wish I could. Needles are just not something I can handle. I've tried though.

dude.... needles are nothing... just don't think about it...

everytime I get pricked... for a blood test or donation... just think about other things.. somthing positive that brings a smile to your face.... past good times with family... or you can think about whatever... seriously ... man the fuck up.. it's just a needle .. they not cuttting off your arm or anything... just a pin prick.. it's all in the mind really. If you convince yerself that the needle posses no threat... you can overcome it.. Just think that your superior to that needle.. your in control.

Your a beast ... you've got the balls or what? now get yer ass down there and let them suck you dry of blood damnit! Move it... someone's life is depending on it!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post