Do you give blood?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2012, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 02:20 AM by aurora.)
RE: Do you give blood?
I do when my 'iron' is okay. Have been refused a couple of times. I would get my son to donate but he has trypanophobia which is a genuine fear of needles (and also other medical procedures). He has passed out twice when going for shots (tetanus and a local anaesthetic), he threw up in the dentists chair and also passed out when his girlfriend (who, at the time, was training to be a nurse) tried to take his blood pressure! Undecided
When he now goes to the dentist he takes a calmative to help alleviate his affliction. I'm exactly the opposite. I feel sorry for him, sometimes Sad
Edit: A+

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2012, 01:10 AM
(14-01-2012 01:06 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I do when my 'iron' is okay. Have been refused a couple of times. I would get my son to donate but he has trypanophobia which is a genuine fear of needles (and also other medical procedures). He has passed out twice when going for shots (tetanus and a local anaesthetic), he threw up in the dentists chair and also passed out when his girlfriend (who, at the time, was training to be a nurse) tried to take his blood pressure! Undecided
When he now goes to the dentist he takes a calmative to help alleviate his affliction. I'm exactly the opposite. I feel sorry for him, sometimes Sad

By saying you're exactly the opposite, are you saying you love needles and medical procedures? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-01-2012, 01:11 AM
(14-01-2012 01:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-01-2012 01:06 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I do when my 'iron' is okay. Have been refused a couple of times. I would get my son to donate but he has trypanophobia which is a genuine fear of needles (and also other medical procedures). He has passed out twice when going for shots (tetanus and a local anaesthetic), he threw up in the dentists chair and also passed out when his girlfriend (who, at the time, was training to be a nurse) tried to take his blood pressure! Undecided

By saying you're exactly the opposite, are you saying you love needles and medical procedures? Big Grin

Hehe, almost. It fascinates me Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
No, I don't give blood.
Before I get booed off the stage, let me explain.

I did use to give blood, and had 37 donations under my belt, and here in the UK we don't get any money for donating.

But I quite suddenly developed hypertension (high blood pressure) and the medication I now have to take means that the
Bloood Transfusion service can no longer accept my blood.
I would have loved to have achieved at least 50 donations, but sadly it was not to be.

Remember, the fact that you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
O+ checking in. Ya know, I used to give blood all the time. I haven't in a couple years. It's like I just forgot about it. Maybe I'll go this weekend.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain