Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 03:11 AM
Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?
I like green tea and black tea, no milk, no spice.

And I live near a place where good tea is made, so it's relatively cheap. And today I bought a bag of black tea with dry jasmine flowers (totally 250 g) for about 2.26 dollars. It can last for quite a few days. More than a month, I guess.

Do you like drinking tea? In which way? And how much is it going cost at your place?

[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1305231703529070_0.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
23-05-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?
(23-05-2013 03:11 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I like green tea and black tea, no milk, no spice.

And I live near a place where good tea is made, so it's relatively cheap. And today I bought a bag of black tea with dry jasmine flowers (totally 250 g) for about 2.26 dollars. It can last for quite a few days. More than a month, I guess.

Do you like drinking tea? In which way? And how much is it going cost at your place?

[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1305231703529070_0.jpg]

As much as I like my coffee, I still like a good tea!

Over here tea is pretty darn expensive if you want the good quality. Dark teas are usually the cheapest and a lot have simulated flavors. I don't like those because they taste like Nana's perfume.

Sometimes I do like to splurge! Blush

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-05-2013, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 04:46 AM by Luminon.)
Yeah, I drink a lot of green tea. I'm not a tea enthusiast, so I buy the fruit-flavored ones. Mango is the best, but really hard to find. I try to find when it's in discount, so it takes about 1,5 dollars, lasts about two weeks tops.
When I run out of tea, I use mint tea. 50 cents per pack.

Whatever doesn't taste like water or dried leaves onlyis fine with me, as long as it's relatively cheap, not heavy on stomach, not loaded with sugar, sweeteners, conservants and acids. I used to drink tap water (good quality here) but the taste doesn't exactly encourage to uphold the drinking regime.

I have a similar barbaric stance to coffee. In its natural state, it's a vile stuff. Needs some cane sugar. And I used to put soy milk into it too, but that's expensive, so I get some cheap cream. I just make sure it doesn't have hydrogenized fats and oils.
Basically, I think the cheapest stuff in supermarkets is good enough, as long as it doesn't contain chemicals that usually make it so cheap. These chemicals are something nobody on this planet ever evolved to process.

Here's some encouraging song for you from my collection: (I just wonder what plant is in the tea bags)

[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
23-05-2013, 07:09 AM
(23-05-2013 04:42 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Here's some encouraging song for you from my collection: (I just wonder what plant is in the tea bags)

In mine, plain dried jasmine flowers and toasted tea leaves.

[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1305232107051546_0.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
23-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Blueberry robois for me! It's like dessert in a cup!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-05-2013, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 08:53 AM by Stark Raving.)
I drink mostly just plain black tea. Usually a good Darjeeling. I pay around five to seven dollars for a 50g bag of loose tea. From what I hear that's a little pricey, but a bag that size lasts me for a couple weeks if not more (I only have a cup or two a day). So even at the outside, it only costs ten bucks a month.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-05-2013, 09:41 AM
It's $4 for a box of cheap tea up to $10 for the better quality, organic.

If I have an upset stomach, I drink peppermint tea by the gallon. In the AM I'll have green tea, dessert tea is rooibos or Chai, bedtime tea is chamomile. I go through phases, I'll have tons of tea for weeks and then I'll only have it a couple times a month. End of summer and winter I tend to drink more.
23-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I go for black tea (sometimes green). Some seasoning is fine (ie jasmine, or other flowers/plants), but definitely no sugar, and never more than a little drop of milk. I'd say I prefer south asian black and east asian green, but my sample size is small enough that the conclusions are suspect.

Also I prefer coffee anyway, so there's that too.

Cheap stuff here (Ontario - outside Toronto) is probably ~$5-6* (for a few dozen tea bags). Good stuff is way over $100/kg. Not that I'd buy that much, obviously, but, unit price is how I remember the pricing.

It's expensive enough that my buddy Junpeng actually brought a crate of tea with him each time he came back from China. He also brought ovaltine, which I though was hilarious (he claimed the Chinese version was different).

*All prices CDN. And from regular retailers. If you can find an asian market selling in bulk it'd be much cheaper.
23-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Seeing as I'm English and we are all stereotypically typed as being born in the stuff, bathing in the stuff and drinking the stuff I thought id answer.

We have lots of different brands of tea in the UK. I would say that the huge percentage of it is sold in packets of "tea bags" and that these vary in price.

So instead of me writing some of them down check out the latest prices Tesco (one of the largest UK Supermarkets) give for different teas here....

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/s...4294784716

Google states that todays exchange rate is £1 = $1.51

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-05-2013, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 03:24 PM by amyb.)
I like most kinds of tea. The prices vary, but as others said, if you want a really good box of individual bags, it can get more expensive.

I also buy loose tea (usually black), and I often make my own spiced tea mixtures or herbal teas. I put star anise in almost everything, and I have a big container of spices and loose tea I use to make my own.

When I buy tea, my favorites are chai (NOT the gross sweetened stuff with milk in it, though!) and oolong. I don't put milk in any tea (or in coffee, for that matter), but I do like a bit of honey in my teas sometimes. I like mint tea with a bit of honey in it. I also like Earl Grey.

There isn't a lot that I dislike, but I'm not too fond of some of the herbal fruity teas. I can handle some fruit flavors in it, but I prefer to have black and green teas in there, too.

I probably drink it more than coffee, especially in warmer weather. (I don't much like iced tea, though.) It's been hot all week and I noticed I have not used my espresso machine at all this week.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user