Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?
I'm more of a coffee drinker but I do like a good tea - and I drink an herb tea or ginger tea at night when I don't want the caffein. I don't do sugar or milk - I like it straight - although, I've been doing a bit of Chai here and there, which is sweet.

I go to an Asian food market and can get that very same kind in the photos for about 4 dollars - it lasts a long time because I don't drink tea so often.

I also like an Assam Black tea - it's very velvety. When I need an extra something and I'm not sure what... I have a Gunpowder tea. It's very difficult to find here so I don't share it with anyone - most people don't care for it anyway, it tastes like it's name.

If I have a tea in summer it has to be Moroccan Mint - it can be very refreshing on a hot day.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Do you guys drink tea? How much is it there?
Genmaicha all day! Smile

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2013, 01:14 PM
HU, have you heard the American colloquialism that goes:

"What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

Just thought it fit well here. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-05-2013, 01:49 PM
(23-05-2013 01:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  HU, have you heard the American colloquialism that goes:

That was the first thought that went through my mind when I read the op.

Don't read my mind. It's creepy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-05-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 02:13 PM by Hafnof.)
I generally try to keep my tea single-origin. It seems every region of China has their own local varieties and I like to try them out as I go. I'm not sure of the name of Nanjing's local leaf which seemed more stalk than leaf, but I did enjoy that with flowers which I think were roses.

Here good tea is expensive, often $10 or more for a hundred grams depending on what you buy and where. Here is a typical price list http://www.tamborinetea.com.au/ - and this is still not particular good tea. That said, you can get basic "good" tea at the supermarket for about $3 per 100g or an average tea for cheaper..

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-05-2013, 05:14 PM
(23-05-2013 01:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  HU, have you heard the American colloquialism that goes:

That's really surprisingly interesting for me. Ohmy Shocking Big Grin

Yes, it fits perfectly here.

Want something? Then do something.
23-05-2013, 08:04 PM
(23-05-2013 01:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

That was the first thought that went through my mind when I read the op.

Don't read my mind. It's creepy.

Hoot Hoot

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-05-2013, 08:07 PM
(23-05-2013 05:14 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

That's really surprisingly interesting for me. Ohmy Shocking Big Grin

Yes, it fits perfectly here.

Probably there you'd have to say, "This stupid information you're giving me...What's that have to do with the price of Coca~Cola in America?

Oh! Do Chinese cartoon show characters trying to dig a hole to America?

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I drink a lot of tea. Green, matcha, white, oolong or black, they're all good. Hot or iced, it's all good. No sugar, no milk, and no flavorings except for Constant Comment and Earl Grey are good hot but I don't like them iced.

Prices are all over the map based on quality but the good stuff is nowhere near as cheap as what you're paying, more like 5-10x that. But I'll spend more for the high quality stuff 'cause I can get anywhere from 3-6 infusions out of them, each with its own distinctive characteristics. I always buy it loose leaf. Used to buy my green from Hibiki-an but they're pricey and I haven't been back since Fukushima.

Have never tried Pu-erh or yellow yet but I'd like to try them both. ... I'm off to have a cup of tea. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-05-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm English so I HAVE to like tea Wink

But seriously, yes I love tea. Prefer it to coffee. I don't have a sophisticated taste as you will probably note when I say that my favourite tea is PG Tips. I have it VERY hot, with a little milk and one level teaspoon of sugar. I am not exaggerating when I say that my cup of tea MUST be accompanied by the dunking of biscuits, preferably Mcvities milk chocolate digestives.... mmm.

As to the cost, no idea as the other half buys the stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post