Do you have a favorite of the "Four Horseman" ? ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Do you have a favorite of the "Four Horseman" ? ?
Dawkins, Harris, Dennett, and Hitchens

I have read read books from the first 2, watched videos from Hitchens and only watched a few videos from Dennett, he seems more of a philosophical type then the other 3. I must say that while I like them all, but I am a huge Sam Harris fan. His demeanor and intelligent way of conversing with people is second to none. I like the fact that he is in neuroscience which may help provide further evidence into how our minds work in relation to religious beliefs, what happens during death, etc. I do enjoy watching Dawkins rip a hole in people during discussions, he's a hell of a guy too! Big Grin

Obviously there are lots of other great atheist scientist/writer/philosophers out there, if there are any you'd recommend I'd love to watch/read up on them.
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: Do you have a favorite of the "Four Horseman" ? ?
I'd recommend Matt Dillahunty for a staring role.
He's a host at the Atheist Experience and trained to be a preacher for 25 years - you should see him in action.
Dawkins is one of my favorites also.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Dawkins makes me proud to be alive.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I like the my little apocalypse pony of famine, thank you very much.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
11-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Dawkins. I am not familiar with Dennett, but of the other three I like the way Dawkins communicates and his overall presence the best.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
11-01-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't know Dennett, either. I'd probably go with Dawkins as well, though. While I admire Hitchens a bit more than Dawkins for his willingness to go into debate/dialogue with the opposition (I understand Dawkins' point of why he doesn't, but there's no fun in that Tongue), Dawkins is a wonderful educator, and seems to be a really kind man with great intentions. I love Hitchens, but I just have to think that Dawkins would be more a friend. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Yes, Dawkins is a great educator. I didn't think of that point when I wrote my post, but I think it is a big reason for my decision.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't really know much about any of them.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
14-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Douglas Adams. Hitchhikers Guide! Stitches my friend, stitches.
OH, and as for my favorite horesman, I tend to favor the lesser known 5th horseman Ted. He was the horseman of the unruly hair day.
Quote this message in a reply