Do you have a hobby?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Do you have a hobby?
Here is part of mine:

[Image: cropgardenpups.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Dom's post
14-07-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Do you have a hobby?
I suppose my job at the local Transfer Station is a hobby. I'm the attendant on the bottle/can recycling bin. The town doesn't pay me a salary because I'm a volunteer. I get paid in the number of deposit beverage containers I recover and cash in. To me, it's like a treasure hunt which appeals to the kid in me. It also gives me the chance to get some much-needed exercise.

I'm also an avid Mahjong player. My family gets together every Monday for Mahjong. On Tuesdays, I conduct Mahjong classes at the local Senior Center.
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-07-2017, 12:56 AM
(14-07-2017 09:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Here is part of mine:

[Image: cropgardenpups.jpg]

Aw-some Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
15-07-2017, 01:23 AM
If reading is considered hobby then yes.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
15-07-2017, 02:49 AM
(15-07-2017 01:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If reading is considered hobby then yes.

> Reading used to be one of my major hobbies. During the 1980's and 1990's I would usually read a book every week. I have a private library of over 2000 books. Unfortunately, I started reading less and less when I entered my 60's. My eyes tire quickly now, even with the use of reading glasses, and I seldom can read more than an half hour at a time. Sad
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-07-2017, 02:52 AM
(15-07-2017 02:49 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 01:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If reading is considered hobby then yes.

> Reading used to be one of my major hobbies. During the 1980's and 1990's I would usually read a book every week. I have a private library of over 2000 books. Unfortunately, I started reading less and less when I entered my 60's. My eyes tire quickly now, even with the use of reading glasses, and I seldom can read more than an half hour at a time. Sad

2000? That's impressive. So far I have little more than 250.

Being unable to read sucks but audiobooks are somewhat common now so I suppose it's less of a downside that it was.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
15-07-2017, 02:54 AM
(15-07-2017 02:52 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 02:49 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Reading used to be one of my major hobbies. During the 1980's and 1990's I would usually read a book every week. I have a private library of over 2000 books. Unfortunately, I started reading less and less when I entered my 60's. My eyes tire quickly now, even with the use of reading glasses, and I seldom can read more than an half hour at a time. Sad

2000? That's impressive. So far I have little more than 250.

Being unable to read sucks but audiobooks are somewhat common now so I suppose it's less of a downside that it was.

> About 500+ are on religion(s) and philosophy, which makes some visitors wonder why I'm an atheist. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-07-2017, 03:04 AM
(15-07-2017 02:54 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 02:52 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  2000? That's impressive. So far I have little more than 250.

> About 500+ are on religion(s) and philosophy, which makes some visitors wonder why I'm an atheist. Big Grin

I would say that this 500+ books are reason for being atheist.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
15-07-2017, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 04:21 AM by Thoreauvian.)
I've written in journals since I was in my late teens, though only those from the last 12 years are interesting enough to keep. They help me clarify my thoughts.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
15-07-2017, 05:39 AM
(15-07-2017 04:06 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I've written in journals since I was in my late teens, though only those from the last 12 years are interesting enough to keep. They help me clarify my thoughts.

> I started keeping a journal in mid-1990, a couple of years after getting my first PC and word processing program.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post