Do you have a hobby?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Do you have a hobby?
"Recently i re-activated my childhood hobby of puzzling. So i thought i start humbly with 2 puzzles of 3k and 4k parts each (what a fucking case of hybris that was Laugh out load )" (Deesse23)

I used to love jigsaw puzzles. I am a second generation-er. Hadn't done it in many years until last year I decided to get this one:

[Image: $_58.PNG]

That thing drove me out of my mind for weeks. And since I got the oversize pieces (thinking that would be easier) it took up my entire dining room table. DAMN that's a lot of red background!

You would think that at least you'd be able to find pieces with the faces on them to have some orientation points. But the cunning person who cut those pieces made sure each face consisted of at least four or five cuts!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2017, 07:49 PM
I used to do a lot of puzzles until hubby brought two kittens home. That was the end of that!

I now do some online - there are a bunch of free sites with puzzles.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Piano and chess. Been slacking on both, need to get back on them.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
15-07-2017, 08:56 PM
(15-07-2017 08:33 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Piano and chess. Been slacking on both, need to get back on them.

I haven't played chess in over a year... and that was against a computer.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-07-2017, 09:00 PM
My main hobby is fishing. Going shark fishing in SC next month. Gonna try and break my personal best of 5ft which I caught last year in Florida.

Also going for the eclipse!!!
[+] 2 users Like Mrhall1923's post
15-07-2017, 09:03 PM
I also love puzzles!!! Did a 1k piece puzzle recently in 3 days. It was football stadium (Lambeau field). The sea of people was maddening.
[+] 1 user Likes Mrhall1923's post
15-07-2017, 09:16 PM
(15-07-2017 12:56 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  When i was younger i was reading quite a lot. Asprin, Pratchett and Foster all the way.
Have also quite a collection of books about WWII, am particularly interested in the technology.
My classic car of course, but i am not much working anymore on it, i am rather paying others (mechanics) for maintaining it.
Last year i discovered my interest for gardening (marry me Dom, please! Big Grin )
I am also building scale model warships (in hiatus, but planning to continue soon)
Gaming, but much less than a few years ago.
Recently i re-activated my childhood hobby of puzzling. So i thought i start humbly with 2 puzzles of 3k and 4k parts each (what a fucking case of hybris that was Laugh out load )
Since i stopped smoking a few years ago, i started running which i am enjoying very much. Its an excellent stress relief (and keeps this aging sack of meat in shape somehow).

Hard to believe, but I discovered Pratchett at the age of 63. Now, I have a whole pile of entertainment to go buy! Love his stuff, he's funny as hell. Thumbsup
15-07-2017, 09:47 PM
(15-07-2017 09:00 PM)Mrhall1923 Wrote:  Also going for the eclipse!!!

Thumbsup I'm going too. I recently got seriously into astronomy after being a fangrrl since I was very, very small. In addition to the eclipse trip, some of next year's vacation has unofficially been designated for a trip to a star party (camping out with a bunch of astronomers in a remote dark-sky area).

I've been a musician almost as long as I've been interested in astronomy. My main focus is woodwinds, but I can also play piano, violin, and a bit of guitar and bass, and have taken singing lessons.

My house contains a substantial collection of dragons (paintings, sculptures, and even a few stuffed toys), although I've curated it and given away about half the collection over the last few years because it was getting out of hand. In a somewhat related area, I used to be quite active in the online Dragonlance community and contributed art, poetry, fanfics and humour, and also maintained a DL website. Still a fan but not as involved any more.

And I'm *always* thinking of ways to improve my garden. It hasn't reached Awesome status yet, but it's headed in that direction one shrub or hardscaping at a time.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
16-07-2017, 01:36 AM
(15-07-2017 07:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  I used to do a lot of puzzles until hubby brought two kittens home. That was the end of that!

I now do some online - there are a bunch of free sites with puzzles.

Thats the one:
[Image: Bombardment_of_Algiers_1816_by_Chambers.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
20-07-2017, 12:36 AM
Besides forums dedicated to atheism, I mainly read, collect movies and have the occasional meditation session.

Tried gaming online for a while but - pardon my language - gamers are whiniest pack of bastards/bitches I've ever been in contact with.
So I'll stick with my old hobbies.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post