Do you have a hobby?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 08:28 AM
RE: Do you have a hobby?
Beautiful, Dom!

I play video games, and I paint sometimes. I volunteer with political campaigns, too. I draw. I eat. Is eating a hobby? If so, then my best good hobby is pizza.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
20-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Thanks Jenny. Of the pinks, I prefer the very light ones too. Took me a while to come to that though. At first I really did not like any shade of pink and had none in the garden. But visiting other gardens I started knowing I actually liked some shades and admired how they played next to other colors. Now I have quite a bit of pink.

I try, Onlinebiker. I just use my iPhone I take pictures a lot on walks and in the garden.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
20-07-2017, 09:11 AM
New dawn is one of my absolute favorites and I was thrilled to bits to find out it is hardy in our current climate too! So now I have 2 of them. Purchased them this year as well as a load of burlap... Just in case.

When they grow taller they will get company of a nice deep purple clematis jackmanii; a splendid combination.
I have to relearn everything about gardening here; much colder winters, much darker too. And much more daylight during summer!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2017, 10:28 AM
(20-07-2017 09:11 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  New dawn is one of my absolute favorites and I was thrilled to bits to find out it is hardy in our current climate too! So now I have 2 of them. Purchased them this year as well as a load of burlap... Just in case.

When they grow taller they will get company of a nice deep purple clematis jackmanii; a splendid combination.
I have to relearn everything about gardening here; much colder winters, much darker too. And much more daylight during summer!

Where did you garden before and whereabouts are you now, if that isn't top secret.

20-07-2017, 10:31 AM
(20-07-2017 10:28 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:11 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  New dawn is one of my absolute favorites and I was thrilled to bits to find out it is hardy in our current climate too! So now I have 2 of them. Purchased them this year as well as a load of burlap... Just in case.

Where did you garden before and whereabouts are you now, if that isn't top secret.

I move 1000 miles up north from the south of the Netherlands to almost halfway up in Sweden.
[+] 1 user Likes Ron NL-S's post
20-07-2017, 10:39 PM
(20-07-2017 10:31 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 10:28 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Where did you garden before and whereabouts are you now, if that isn't top secret.

I move 1000 miles up north from the south of the Netherlands to almost halfway up in Sweden.

I had a contact on flickr from Iceland -might have gone by Helga- who posted photos of a stunning garden. I have faith that it is possible. But I wouldn't know how myself.

21-07-2017, 02:27 AM
Oh it is. Absolutely. But I need to relearn the basics and adapt.
21-07-2017, 02:58 AM
Reading is a big one of mine, I've been reading books non-stop for a fair while now haha. I didn't read properly for years, [I mean I could read, but just didn't actively pick up books etc], and after seeing how empty my book shelf was about 3 years ago, I got going....and now my shelf is over flowing haha.

Barring that, I collect Wrestling Action Figures and watch TONS of pro wrestling. Having done this my entire life I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the goings on, and history, of men in tiny pants pretend fighting Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
21-07-2017, 06:33 AM
(21-07-2017 02:27 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  Oh it is. Absolutely. But I need to relearn the basics and adapt.

Having to re-learn after moving to a different climate zone is both good and bad. Bad because one is guaranteed to not be able to grow some favorites. Good because of all the exploration.

I moved from a tropical zone to a zone with 4 seasons. While I find my garden here exciting and beautiful, I still miss the tropical plants - a lot. Especially the fruit...

I found it's best to do the first garden totally from the local nursery, which usually carries only varieties that will grow locally. Then one can expand on that and see how much it can stretch....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
(21-07-2017 02:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Barring that, I collect Wrestling Action Figures and watch TONS of pro wrestling. Having done this my entire life I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the goings on, and history, of men in tiny pants pretend fighting Laugh out load

This is something I'll never understand. *Turns back to her Star Wars and Aliens figures to finish crashing the X-wing into the Xenomorph queen and saves the day!*
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post