Do you have a moment to speak about our savior, Critical Thinking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Over the last couple of days, I've had a lot of people approach me trying to deliver me from evil. Something about me just screams sin apparently.
The first couple times I engaged in conversation, getting their world view as well as sharing mine but as you know, constant salesman of Jesus does get annoying and I don't have time to debate every believer. At the time I wished I had something to give them. Instead of handing them a science book I wondered if I should put together a pamphlet that explained the position of an atheist.

I was wondering as a community, what would your informational pamphlet look like?

-DBA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deathbed Atheist's post
31-08-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Do you have a moment to speak about our savior, Critical Thinking?
Pamphlet? "I lack belief in your god" fits on a business card. Maybe one with a Magic-type design. Atheist: Immune to presuppositionalist bullshit. Able to summon facts from the scientific consensus. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-08-2015, 03:46 PM
[Image: 201208090932-atheist-tract-1.jpg]
[+] 18 users Like jennybee's post
31-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Perhaps something that tries to persuade them to believe in Zeus and after they finish making all their arguments as to why they don't believe in Zeus, you explain that is exactly why you don't believe in your god or any god.

I know it's a pretty common retort amongst the atheist community, but that is because it does an effective job of giving them another perspective to look at it with.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
31-08-2015, 04:25 PM
And then there's this:

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 6 users Like Octapulse's post
31-08-2015, 07:50 PM
A couple of christ-punchers showed up at my door last week and tried to hand me a flyer. I don't recall which stripe of xtianity they were, but I gave them my best "dad-glare" and told them I wasn't interested. The guy trying to hand me the flyer looked offended (AS IF) but the other guy was grinning the whole time, like their shtick was the best thing ever. In retrospect, I should have drawn them out a little, and then sent them on their way, but I really don't have time for people out pushing their imaginary friends. Even if I am retired.

Bedamned if I have the time to even push the truth. christ-punchers are hypnotized or something, and I don't want to waste any more of my life. Beyond, of course, the frittering I'm doing now on the intertubes. At least this place is entertaining, in a good way, with like-minded people.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
31-08-2015, 07:56 PM
(31-08-2015 03:24 PM)Deathbed Atheist Wrote:  Over the last couple of days, I've had a lot of people approach me trying to deliver me from evil. Something about me just screams sin apparently.
The first couple times I engaged in conversation, getting their world view as well as sharing mine but as you know, constant salesman of Jesus does get annoying and I don't have time to debate every believer. At the time I wished I had something to give them. Instead of handing them a science book I wondered if I should put together a pamphlet that explained the position of an atheist.

I was wondering as a community, what would your informational pamphlet look like?

-DBA

...and yet, my interest is piqued by this. I think that I will actually develop a "business card" to hand back, before I slam the door in their faces. I'll have to think about it a bit and come back with that.
31-08-2015, 08:21 PM
(31-08-2015 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  A couple of christ-punchers showed up at my door last week and tried to hand me a flyer. I don't recall which stripe of xtianity they were, but I gave them my best "dad-glare" and told them I wasn't interested. The guy trying to hand me the flyer looked offended (AS IF) but the other guy was grinning the whole time, like their shtick was the best thing ever. In retrospect, I should have drawn them out a little, and then sent them on their way, but I really don't have time for people out pushing their imaginary friends. Even if I am retired.

Bedamned if I have the time to even push the truth. christ-punchers are hypnotized or something, and I don't want to waste any more of my life. Beyond, of course, the frittering I'm doing now on the intertubes. At least this place is entertaining, in a good way, with like-minded people.
I've discovered that Mormons can't either read or interpret pictograms.     Nothing stops them.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
31-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Well, that didn't work very well. Sad
31-08-2015, 08:35 PM
(31-08-2015 08:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  A couple of christ-punchers showed up at my door last week and tried to hand me a flyer. I don't recall which stripe of xtianity they were, but I gave them my best "dad-glare" and told them I wasn't interested. The guy trying to hand me the flyer looked offended (AS IF) but the other guy was grinning the whole time, like their shtick was the best thing ever. In retrospect, I should have drawn them out a little, and then sent them on their way, but I really don't have time for people out pushing their imaginary friends. Even if I am retired.

I've discovered that Mormons can't either read or interpret pictograms. Nothing stops them.
One last try; my apologies if it doesn't work
[Image: d41d8de69812109359c18c68fbbdde25.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jabeady's post