Do you have a moment to speak about our savior, Critical Thinking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Do you have a moment to speak about our savior, Critical Thinking?
Quote:Do you have a moment to speak about our savior

I wonder if I could deliver a solid minute of insults to the fucking godboy and his followers only pausing to breathe?

It would be a challenge.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2015, 09:40 PM
(31-08-2015 03:24 PM)Deathbed Atheist Wrote:  I was wondering as a community, what would your informational pamphlet look like?

[Image: deafmute.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2015, 09:46 AM
(31-08-2015 09:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 03:24 PM)Deathbed Atheist Wrote:  I was wondering as a community, what would your informational pamphlet look like?

[Image: deafmute.png]

Dig it! I ought to get a bunch printed out to hand to religious yokels who come to my door. I wouldn't have to say a word, just let them read. I wonder if I could make any money? One of my neighbors was doing the deed with some gal when some of these people showed up on his door step. He went to the door nude, opened it and asked "What do you want!?!" Evil_monster They took one look and high-tailed out, never to return.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-09-2015, 11:10 AM
(31-08-2015 08:35 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I've discovered that Mormons can't either read or interpret pictograms. Nothing stops them.

[Image: d41d8de69812109359c18c68fbbdde25.jpg]

Doesn't work with Jehova's Witnesses either............Consider
07-09-2015, 04:23 PM
(31-08-2015 08:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  A couple of christ-punchers showed up at my door last week and tried to hand me a flyer. I don't recall which stripe of xtianity they were, but I gave them my best "dad-glare" and told them I wasn't interested. The guy trying to hand me the flyer looked offended (AS IF) but the other guy was grinning the whole time, like their shtick was the best thing ever. In retrospect, I should have drawn them out a little, and then sent them on their way, but I really don't have time for people out pushing their imaginary friends. Even if I am retired.

Bedamned if I have the time to even push the truth. christ-punchers are hypnotized or something, and I don't want to waste any more of my life. Beyond, of course, the frittering I'm doing now on the intertubes. At least this place is entertaining, in a good way, with like-minded people.
I've discovered that Mormons can't either read or interpret pictograms. Nothing stops them.

They fucking don't know what the word "solicitation" means. When they come to the door I don't say a word, just point to our "no soliciting " sign and more ofthen than not they say, all bright and cheery with a holier than thou look on their face, "Oh, we're not selling anything , we're here representing The Church of Blah, Blah, Blah" Usually I try to say something like, " well, you're selling a religious belief and that's soliciting." Then I slam the door.

Solicit

:to seek for (something) by entreaty, earnest or respectful request, formal application, etc.:
He solicited aid from the minister.

I have to disagree with the "respectful' part of the definition. People who knock of the door soliciting for god are NOT respectful. If they were respectful they wouldn't knock on the damn door at all.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-09-2015, 05:33 PM
(31-08-2015 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Do you have a moment to speak about our savior

I wonder if I could deliver a solid minute of insults to the fucking godboy and his followers only pausing to breathe?

It would be a challenge.

It can be done. I speak from experience. I think my final sentence was "And don't ever fucking comeback!"

They never did.

I also spent several minutes making fun of two mormons and how they dressed alike. "And what's with the haircuts? Are you clones? You're also wearing the same shoes!!!"

They were very pissed off. Funny as hell. They did not expect me. And I am not one to hold back. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 06:46 PM
You cannot reason with these morons. The best approach is to fight fire with fire and preach right back at them. Preach the FSM. Octopulse, above, has the right idea.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
07-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Print out copies of the goodwithoutgod resource thread articles. Make many copies.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid839798
I'd suggest some of mine, but, you don't want to bore them to death. Weeping
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-09-2015, 02:43 AM
(31-08-2015 04:22 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Perhaps something that tries to persuade them to believe in Zeus and after they finish making all their arguments as to why they don't believe in Zeus, you explain that is exactly why you don't believe in your god or any god.

I know it's a pretty common retort amongst the atheist community, but that is because it does an effective job of giving them another perspective to look at it with.
Its good very good but most of them are gonna say something like " I don't believe in Zeus because he's a false god Jesus/ Allah is the one true god" doesn't that kinda piss on your cornflakes ?